Motherwell V St Mirren Saturday 20Th December - The Big One

murray street

Can the club not make an official complaint about some of the decisions yesterday, or are you not allowed to do that?

If Terry Butcher was our manager the complaint would already be at the SFA now, and if we were DUFC we would have leaked footage of the relevant incidents on our facebook and twitter to make sure the BBC wouldn't ignore them in the highlights. Sometimes we are to nice and sporting for our own good.

Tess was onside by a fair distance, shocking decision,

Decent highlights on the bbc website...

Just watched the highlights there too, as you said, how the Tesselaar goal was given offside is a f**king mystery. He was about 5 yards onside!

The other "goal" was inconclusive, but looking at it there I'm not convinced it was over the line.

Cannot believe the decisions that went against us yesterday. Tess took his 'goal' brilliantly, with both him and the keeper not knowing the flag had gone up.

The ref and linesman should be writing a letter of apology to our club and every supporter who left ground feeling physically sick.

Hopefully we will get a wee rub of the green at Dundee, I can't handle that again.

Sometimes injustice galvanises a team and a support. Let's get behind the lads next week and help them get torn into Dundee and turn our nightmare season around. There's still enough time. COYS!!!!

I thought Thompson was reckless. Wasn't surprised to see red

from where i was sitting, mcleans header didn't cross the line

and tesselaar was offside

too many folk wearing blinkers

Having watched the highlights...

Care to comment further, apologise, or explain your performance Mr Muir?

Blinkers indeed.

Just seen the highlights and after following Twitter feed yesterday, was interested to see the incidents.

Sending off was harsh, the tackle on Thompson earlier in the highlights was worse and should have seen a yellow. Well player flew in again and at that speed would think it hard for Thompson make the challenge intentionally he was sent off for.

Goal from the corner was inconclusive from the TV angle for me. Though reaction of Well players seemed to support the argument for.

Penalty decision while he may have gone down easily, as they say, seen them given.

#Believe

Just watched the highlights there too, as you said, how the Tesselaar goal was given offside is a f**king mystery. He was about 5 yards onside!

The other "goal" was inconclusive, but looking at it there I'm not convinced it was over the line.

Could anybody upload those highlights cos the others show f*ck all really.

Reading this thread I'm surprised no buddie has criticised golden bhoy McGinn for the goal?

Well worked goal but jeezo, waken up FFS.

The McLean header is pretty inconclusive, obviously didn't hit the net as some claimed but it's hard to see if it crossed the line as it's blocked out by Cheesy. Difficult to tell if the whole ball, or any of it crossed the line.

Offside against Tess was a shocker.

Thommo red card was a bit harsh and not as bad as the one Naismith at the end.

EDIT - Looks over the line on the first bounce IMO

post-1886-0-32314900-1419194640_thumb.jp

Edited by davidg

Thommo's red looks like probably the right call, although as Muir showed later, a Well player studding someone in the stomach a few seconds after they've been in an altercation is only a yellow.

However, if the ref books O'Brian for the tackle shown in the BBC highlights, or the any of the other two that happened before and after that, then he does not go in to Thommo in that way in the first place; and Thommo wouldn't be as angry as he clearly was at getting no protection from the ref.

At the time I was sure Tess was onside; just no idea by how much.

Can we really trust the linesman who got that decision so badly wrong to have ruled in our favour in a closer call like the goal?

He also had a great view of Lasley trying to get Ball sent off by pretending he'd been elbowed in the face.

O'Brien was taken off at half time as they knew how lucky he was to still be on the park. Lasley is a cheating little shite. Thommo I still believe was trying to protect himself from that nutter flying in (commentator says - in comes O'Brien again) I think the reaction of all players show it was over the line and Tess's goal - shocking decision!!! I am still a tad angry at it all grrrrr angry face etc

Highlights available now

https://nj.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2BhHXwwEJWYCat%2B4sCMp%2BwNXJ93O7r0fo7VVrFE7dNRfg%3D%3D&bit=1

Coverage of sending off not very good, however a minute or so before the incident you can see thommo jostling with the same guy

in the box, so it may have been a bit of afters.

Mcleans goal looks like it was over the line

Who was the bad boy at 4 mins 08 throwing something on the pitch, hope that doesn't get

spotted.

Coverage is not the best but around 20 seconds into the video and it's clear that Motherwell were denied a penalty when Osbourne barges a Motherwell player to the ground.

The Thomspon sending off also looks pretty clear. He's gone in with his studs up and it looks more brutal from the TV pictures than I saw watching from the other side yesterday - a clear sending off though. Referee is 100% correct.

McLeans header - I couldn't call it yesterday. From these pictures though it looks like the ball strikes the underside of the bar, off the ground and back up to hit the underside of the bar again. Unfortunate, but it looks like the officials got that one right. It would have been nice to have had a better angle with the camera's but this is Scottish Football and the TV companies don't appear to have the budget for a second camera at pish under card games

Motherwell goal, its clear McGinn was caught sleeping which was what I said last night. McAusland also fails to cover Sutton in the centre though, his man, and yet another goal where he's at least partly culpable.

There's no coverage that I can see of any supposed penalty claim for St Mirren and no coverage of the offside goal.

Coverage is not the best but around 20 seconds into the video and it's clear that Motherwell were denied a penalty when Osbourne barges a Motherwell player to the ground.

The Thomspon sending off also looks pretty clear. He's gone in with his studs up and it looks more brutal from the TV pictures than I saw watching from the other side yesterday - a clear sending off though. Referee is 100% correct.

McLeans header - I couldn't call it yesterday. From these pictures though it looks like the ball strikes the underside of the bar, off the ground and back up to hit the underside of the bar again. Unfortunate, but it looks like the officials got that one right. It would have been nice to have had a better angle with the camera's but this is Scottish Football and the TV companies don't appear to have the budget for a second camera at pish under card games

Motherwell goal, its clear McGinn was caught sleeping which was what I said last night. McAusland also fails to cover Sutton in the centre though, his man, and yet another goal where he's at least partly culpable.

There's no coverage that I can see of any supposed penalty claim for St Mirren and no coverage of the offside goal.

Taking all your points into consideration. You are a prick.