The Gary Teale And David Longwell Appreciation Thread

Lets be honest these guys are going to say yes and they do have some merits with their efforts to date ,albeit Gary is part of the current shambles, however we are in the same spot as when the board appointed (him) i canny say his name but you know who I mean, the worst Manager in clubs history..... so lets not take the lazy option this time and make sure we appoint someone with experience and good contacts to try and get some quality in cheaply to survive the battle to stay in SPL!!

Butcher and Malpas will start Monday, has to be. What Butch did at Hibs is irrelevant plus kept us up lets not forget. We re in no position to take on unknown, look where that got us, DL came off back of two promotions, so we need a bit of quality at top, please lets stop this Longwell pish, he isnt that good is he. Teale has had 4-5 good games for us, sounded a complete moron on telly, using Over the moon and devastated in same sentence. So get out cheque book get in butcher, top 6 next year

Question 1

If GT and DL were to make a go of things and all the players were fit, what should our starting line up be?

I would suggest:-

Ridgers

Naismith, McAusland, Plummer, Tesselaar

McGinn, Osbourne, Kelly

McLean, Thompson, Wylde

Question 2

What 3 players should be brought in during the January transfer window?

Question 1

If GT and DL were to make a go of things and all the players were fit, what should our starting line up be?

Ridgers

McGinn, Osbourne, Kelly

McLean, Thompson, Wylde

Question 2

What 3 players should be brought in during the January transfer window?

Messi, Ronaldo and Agüero (he should recover from injury by then)

Question 1

Ridgers

McGinn, Osbourne, Kelly

McLean, Thompson, Wylde

Ridgers

Naismith Tess Plummer Kelly

Osbourne

McLean McGinn

Caldwell Thompson Wylde

Id say give them a couple of games. You've got to expect that if they promote GT n DL there will be another wage available come January, which we are in desperate need of.

Then all we need to do is get a new youth team coach, have been reading online that tommy craig is out of work, hed be ideal.......

Nothing against GT , but if the club really want to have any chance of escaping years in the doldrums then we have to make a decent appointment , ie someone from outwith the club who hasn't been party to recent the bad habits going on within the club. It would have to be very soon , 2 weeks max , to allow him to offload five and get another five in who can contribute every week to ease our plight.

It's a big decision for the club to make in financial terms , but they have brought it on themselves with penny pinching during the past few years , and I'm afraid it's now dig deep , or reap what you sow !

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing against GT , but if the club really want to have any chance of escaping years in the doldrums then we have to make a decent appointment , ie someone from outwith the club who hasn't been party to recent the bad habits going on within the club. It would have to be very soon , 2 weeks max , to allow him to offload five and get another five in who can contribute every week to ease our plight.

It's a big decision for the club to make in financial terms , but they have brought it on themselves with penny pinching during the past few years , and I'm afraid it's now dig deep , or reap what you sow !

:)

At least you're consistent, billy!

Fwiw, I am (slightly) happier with this management than ever I was with TC.

Also, just to be pedantic... for a change....

I'm no sure the horticultural metaphor works: it's not rooted in any reality... :rolleyes:

I wonder what TC thinks now after the way the Saints have played (despite losing two) in the last three games, compared to the performances under him? It also makes you wonder if he ever listened to his coaching staff? GT has came in (not knowing how long he'll be in the seat for) and made some brave decisions. He deserves great credit for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't see Gary getting an 18 month contract.

Can see the board appointing him until the end of the season, then they can reassess the situation.

And that would make perfect sense. The only thing that could go wrong there is that Gary takes us on a fantastic second half of the season and is pinched from under our nose.