The Gary Teale And David Longwell Appreciation Thread

Gary's signings have been excellent in incredibly difficult circumstances. They are all in the 'better than what we have' category. Genev should now be automatic first pick for the central defence - certainly better than a few names being banded about - Brian McLean etc. Gary took his time looking for a centre-half and looks like he got it right.

Dayton was excellent yesterday. A winger who takes on a man, gets in a cross and will track back and get stuck in. Another first choice pick.

Gow was on a hiding to nothing. The small minded had already judged him for some stupid history; he had not played in a year and he was replacing McLean. However he looked a class act yesterday even if not match fit. Another first name on the team sheet.

Sadlier looks a gem. Not fit but oozed some class yesterday. When he is fully fit I also expect him to be a first choice.

Sonupe may only be a loan signing but has loads of talent and attitude. Far better presence than Adam Drury.

Arquin was brought in to fill-in for Thommo and I feel a bit sorry for him being sent off in his first two games and being the substitute for The Thommohawk. However I think he gives us a better option up from front that Marwood, Caldwell nor Ball could provide.

So Genev, Dayton, Gow, Sadlier, Sonupe, Arquin all in and replacing Marwood, Caldwell, Drury and Plummer (although he looked half-decent but not at centre half) and Mclean. Teale had to accept Mclean going so not his fault.

Reilly, and Ball now out the picture. I like McLear but feel he is too young and lightweight to be considered a first team regular. We now have a stronger bench.

So well done Gary Teale. Just wished we had started the season with yesterday's squad (and McLean) :)

Gary's signings have been excellent in incredibly difficult circumstances. They are all in the 'better than what we have' category. Genev should now be automatic first pick for the central defence - certainly better than a few names being banded about - Brian McLean etc. Gary took his time looking for a centre-half and looks like he got it right.

Dayton was excellent yesterday. A winger who takes on a man, gets in a cross and will track back and get stuck in. Another first choice pick.

Gow was on a hiding to nothing. The small minded had already judged him for some stupid history; he had not played in a year and he was replacing McLean. However he looked a class act yesterday even if not match fit. Another first name on the team sheet.

Sadlier looks a gem. Not fit but oozed some class yesterday. When he is fully fit I also expect him to be a first choice.

Sonupe may only be a loan signing but has loads of talent and attitude. Far better presence than Adam Drury.

Arquin was brought in to fill-in for Thommo and I feel a bit sorry for him being sent off in his first two games and being the substitute for The Thommohawk. However I think he gives us a better option up from front that Marwood, Caldwell nor Ball could provide.

So Genev, Dayton, Gow, Sadlier, Sonupe, Arquin all in and replacing Marwood, Caldwell, Drury and Plummer (although he looked half-decent but not at centre half) and Mclean. Teale had to accept Mclean going so not his fault.

Reilly, and Ball now out the picture. I like McLear but feel he is too young and lightweight to be considered a first team regular. We now have a stronger bench.

So well done Gary Teale. Just wished we had started the season with yesterday's squad (and McLean) smile.png

Aye it's starting to look a competitive squad for what is needed for the country's top league

Feck knows what the club were thinking of in the summer

Has Ball left or is he just so out the picture now he aint even getting in the squad. Personally I reckon he should still be on the bench. Still think he showed good skill for a big lad and in a team with a bit more confidence could do well.

I really like the look of Dayton actually. He's already provided a game winning goal and a game winning assist in his short time here.

He's got experience, quality and that bit of devilment in his game which I feel we've been lacking.

People were questioning where our forward inspiration was going to come from with McLean gone. Dayton and (hopefully Sadlier and/or Gow) are the answers.

I really like the look of Dayton actually. He's already provided a game winning goal and a game winning assist in his short time here.

He's got experience, quality and that bit of devilment in his game which I feel we've been lacking.

People were questioning where our forward inspiration was going to come from with McLean gone. Dayton and (hopefully Sadlier and/or Gow) are the answers.

Yep , i see where your coming from with that. He has that wee spark of "whit the f**k" about him which makes him a great addition to the squad.

Has Ball left or is he just so out the picture now he aint even getting in the squad. Personally I reckon he should still be on the bench. Still think he showed good skill for a big lad and in a team with a bit more confidence could do well.

I don't think you'll be seeing Ball involved at all unless there are injuries. He's got a clause in his contract that triggers another years deal, if he reaches a certain amount of appearances.

I would play him as a centre half in the development squad , just to see if can fit in there , he has the height and a bit of presence about him , so worth a try , just to see if it is worthwhile giving him another year

• 1 month later...

Ah the optimism at the start of March that we could still maybe sneak 10th place! Now looking like County could finish the season on double our points total after trailing us by 6 points in January. Theoretically possible that Motherwell could just about finish on double our points as well!

Things I appreciate about Gary Teale... his first two seasons with us as a player.

Ah the optimism at the start of March that we could still maybe sneak 10th place! Now looking like County could finish the season on double our points total after trailing us by 6 points in January. Theoretically possible that Motherwell could just about finish on double our points as well!

Things I appreciate about Gary Teale... his first two seasons with us as a player.

Way too late for this bollox.

The only thing that matters now is that we go down fighting.

If we win every remaining game including the Well game, Motherwell will have to win 2 out of the other 3 games.

That should be the only thing being discussed -make those buggers work for their playoff place.

• 3 weeks later...

Two wins in a row against two motivated sides with a lot to play for.

Him and Longwell have certainly got this group of youngsters motivated and organised in the last two games, and the results have followed.

:clap:

And will hopefully continue to do so next season as first team coaches.

Two wins in a row against two motivated sides with a lot to play for.

Him and Longwell have certainly got this group of youngsters motivated and organised in the last two games, and the results have followed.

:clap:

AFTER we are relegated and the pressure is off? Are you seriously touting him as a manager?