The Gary Teale And David Longwell Appreciation Thread

AFTER we are relegated and the pressure is off? Are you seriously touting him as a manager?

With or without the threat of relegation, the fact is they are winning against opposition that do still have something to play for so give credit where its due for christ sake!

Before today's match I was in the camp not to give Gary job. But, the way he had these kids playing has me thinking he could be our man.

With a Motherwell team bottling it and a Saint's team whose fate was resolved you seriously think this guy is an answer?

In arguably the two most important games we had this season his teams refused to perform and his abilities to change a game were shown to be in the negative?

As a famous Tennis player once said, "You cannot be serious"!

Edited to add,

Ditto?

Ditto.

Edited by stlucifer

I really hope he isn't. Teale has failed abjectly in his remit to keep us up and all the meaningless end of season victories in the world don't change that.

Meaningless to us , meaningless to the opposition that puts a question mark on meaningless.

Like it or not Teale must have the board sitting up taking notice. Now if he goes out and beats Hamilton in the last game the board will be scratching their heads.

As for me I have no idea who I fancy or not. What I do think is something has went on in the background within the squad that has affected our season, add in bad singings. We could go over and over analysis unfortunately we have been scraping by season after season I for one am, fed up with it. At least next season we should be competitive.

Before today's match I was in the camp not to give Gary job. But, the way he had these kids playing has me thinking he could be our man.

What about his eye for a player

Most of his signings have been poor

We need to get the right experienced players in to bring these boys on

He was part of a managerial team where the signings this season have been out and out crud

With or without the threat of relegation, the fact is they are winning against opposition that do still have something to play for so give credit where its due for christ sake!

I remain hopeful that the next "7 to 10 days" sees our club with a new manager at the helm, someone with no baggage from the TC debacle, with no connection to the disastrous signings of the last 12 months (strikers in particular), someone who is completely impartial, with fresh ideas, and someone frankly we can trust with what will be a sizeable rebuild project in a very competitive Championship.

I'm on record since the 1st week in December as not wanting GT in a caretaker, temporary or full time capacity (and have listed at length the reasons why), and I haven't changed my mind. Not even slightly.

That said, I agree with your point Ditto, credit where credit is due. I thought we lucky to win at Dingwall (but 3 points is 3 points), and I thought we would have been unlucky to lose today. Well done to GT and DL.

My money firmly remains on GT being offered the assistant managers job. I expect the name of the new manager to be announced on Monday 25th May.

Meaningless to us , meaningless to the opposition that puts a question mark on meaningless.

Like it or not Teale must have the board sitting up taking notice. Now if he goes out and beats Hamilton in the last game the board will be scratching their heads.

As for me I have no idea who I fancy or not. What I do think is something has went on in the background within the squad that has affected our season, add in bad singings. We could go over and over analysis unfortunately we have been scraping by season after season I for one am, fed up with it. At least next season we should be competitive.

I'm more inclined to judge him on the way he had us Geed up for the two games against County and Well that actually meant something to us and both were abject, pitiful performances, IOB.

I'm more inclined to judge him on the level of footballer he brought in and the positions he 'strengthened' in January and the positions he all but ignored.

I'm more inclined to take into account the one goal we scored in 8 games at OUR most critical point of the season. Not when there are half a dozen players who seemed to have upped their game a little since the horse has bolted because their contracts are up in a fortnight.

These games aren't meaningless to other teams around us, but they ARE to us and have been for weeks now. And that, for me anyway, is the be all and end all.

Edited by djchapsticks

I'm more inclined to judge him on the way he had us Geed up for the two games against County and Well that actually meant something to us and both were abject, pitiful performances, IOB.

I'm more inclined to judge him on the level of footballer he brought in and the positions he 'strengthened' in January and the positions he all but ignored.

I'm more inclined to take into account the one goal we scored in 8 games at OUR most critical point of the season. Not when there are half a dozen players who seemed to have upped their game a little since the horse has bolted because their contracts are up in a fortnight.

These games aren't meaningless to other teams around us, but they ARE to us and have been for weeks now. And that, for me anyway, is the be all and end all.

We all have our points of view , trust me I'm not arguing against your opinion fully understand your feelings and where you are coming from. Can Teale be defended here ? I doubt it , however Teale drew up a list of players he wanted in on January not one signed for us guessing that came down to wages.

There has been too much money squandered on players over the past few seasons. Personally I feel we need an experienced manager who has experience working with youth who that is I have no idea. Would not rule out Teale getting the assistant managers job.

Roll on next season mate.

Feel similar today like I did after our win at dundee earlier in season

He does deserve a chance to build his own team. He did have a list to sign players Abd I guess the ones we got were far down the list Realisticly who wants to gamble taking chance going to a team with a caretaker manager.

He may be able to deal better knowing he is the manager and can use contacts correctly folk always say January is horrible to do deals

Don't be fooled. Victories when meaningless are just that. When it mattered against teams that we now know are shite Teale couldn't cope so regardless of results now lets get a new team in.

Teale can use the county and Motherwell ganes we capitulated in as motivation and since then we have beaten both of them. When they had to win the games plus since then we haven't played Goodwin genev etc. Abd played the youngsters who are clearly upto job

Despite 2 victories, both of which have been against 10men, albeit in both games, last weeks and todays victory, their being a few minutes of play left, I would not give the managers job to GT. Anyway how can he be given the job when he has not applied for it.

Despite 2 victories, both of which have been against 10men, albeit in both games, last weeks and todays victory, their being a few minutes of play left, I would not give the managers job to GT. Anyway how can he be given the job when he has not applied for it.

Maybe he's letting the team on the park do the talking And no need to apply

We need to redefine 'Legend' if that's the case.

Really good guy and great to have him at the club.

We still need a new manager from out with the club.

He is a St Mirren Legend.

All the League Cup winners are St Mirren Legends.

Tommy Craig is a St Mirren Legend ( Come on boys )