The Gary Teale And David Longwell Appreciation Thread

Teale signed a two year deal as a player/coach last summer so effectively he is in charge for 18 months or until someone else is given the job.

As an aside should his apparent retirement from playing affect his contract?

Yep, if a different manager is appointed Teale will be the first player out the door!

I'd always pictured GT being a very nice guy, and a nice guy is the last thing we need in charge right now.

However, the pure fúcking fury on his face, in the direction of the fourth official on Saturday, has convinced me he has the fire we undoubtedly need. clap.gif

If he's happy to go all eyeballs-out, finger-pointy in the face of yet another official who's f**ked us over, then I'm happy for GT to lead us into battle. Fair play.

GT in The Sun this morning having a pop at Sportscene and their selective highlights

"I was disappointed with the way that Sportscene conducted themselves and that is an understatement"

He's quite rightly raging at the detail they looked at both the sending off and the goal and in previous matches they never looked at the contentious issues in the same detail.

Well said GT, wish the BOD would confirm his position even if it's just till the end of the season.

Well done Tealey for challenging two of the recent red card decisions. I think we have been doormats for far too long with other managers and the SFA having free reign against our players with us not standing up to them. Glad to see Teale defending our players for a change.

Looks more and more to me that GT is the man for the job, he has the players motivated and playing out of their skins for him atm, and is vociferous in his defence of our players and outspoken in his condemnation of the indefensible red cards that have been thrown at us recently.

The transformation in the team since the game at New Douglas Park is marked and must be down to GT and DL. Personally, I think GT might have taken out Alex Neil on the touchline, but we will never know. We now have a team with an edge. Let's hope fluency in Spanish does not become part of the manager's job description as I fear that may not be part of Gary's skillset.

Well done to Gary Teale on the improvement in the team, the signing of Arquin, getting McGinn and McLean back on form, getting the dead wood out the squad while still caretaker and on appealing the two red cards. I actually think Craig wouldn't have bothered to appeal after trial by Sportscene went against us.

Good to see him sticking up for us in the press too.

All of this while not knowing if he will wake up to the club having been sold and out of a job.

I was of the opinion we must bring in someone from outside and stop the constant promoting the next man down the line. Give the man the job until the end of the season I say.

Now please bring us in a 6'5 goalkeeper and two central defenders who can defend crosses!

I was a total sceptic on GT getting the job however he has turned me around completely.

For the first time all season GT & DL have given the team some momentum....with Motherwell plummeting lets take advantage of that.

Announce the pair are in charge until the end of the season, let them get some bodies in, keep the lads giving everything. He has been bold and got rid of the deadwood and shown faith in the kids who have ability. A long time since a saints manager has been bold like that.

That way, we might find a way out of the sorry mess we find ourselves in right now.

GT in The Sun this morning having a pop at Sportscene and their selective highlights

"I was disappointed with the way that Sportscene conducted themselves and that is an understatement"

He's quite rightly raging at the detail they looked at both the sending off and the goal and in previous matches they never looked at the contentious issues in the same detail.

Well said GT, wish the BOD would confirm his position even if it's just till the end of the season.

I thought you were going to say that the match officials were still on page 3.

The Sun are determined to keep tits there.

Noticed in an interview in today's PDE that GT says, "I'm contracted to the club for the remainder of the season and next season, no matter what happens".

Looks like his 1 year deal with an option, must include him deciding whether he stays (or not) at the end of the season.

Noticed in an interview in today's PDE that GT says, "I'm contracted to the club for the remainder of the season and next season, no matter what happens".

Looks like his 1 year deal with an option, must include him deciding whether he stays (or not) at the end of the season.

Pretty sure, Teale, Goodwin & Craig were all given 2 year deals when appointed as the management team

Gary has done a reasonable job up till now and should be given the job till the end of the season. If the board were to change manager at this late stage of the transfer window then I'd lose the little respect that i still have for them. We need stability and someone who knows the players and how they work. Get it sorted BOD!!!

At one point this evening Teale shouted instructions to Thommo who nodded & gave him the thumbs up. Small thing i know but i couldn`t imagine that response to TC shouting instructions .

They do seem to be getting the best out of the players available as far as effort & spirit is concerned.

Well done GT thumbup2.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Second clean sheet of the season, first goal of the season for Thommo, first home win of the season, and new signings in the starting XI. What's not to like?

Men in Suits singing.