The Gary Teale And David Longwell Appreciation Thread

I'm sure even those who are arch against Teale will concede that the last two results have been mightily impressive.

How do you motivate and organise a side that has nothing to play for, against a side who has everything to play for?

I have no idea. Gary Teale does though, and he delivered 6 points from those last two games.

I'm sure even those who are arch against Teale will concede that the last two results have been mightily impressive.

How do you motivate and organise a side that has nothing to play for, against a side who has everything to play for?

I have no idea. Gary Teale does though, and he delivered 6 points from those last two games.

Oh FFS. Just what is your agenda?

It is too little, too late. We need performances and results when it matters, not when already relegated.

Billy Stark was there today, as was Gary McAllister.

Wouldn't read too much into McAllister being there. Covering the play-offs for BT Sport so would be up for the game at Ibrox tomorrow and perhaps doing some research on the likelihood of Motherwell being in them. Motherwell are also one of his former clubs.

Mightily impressive? No.

Quite impressive given both teams are utterly pish? Yeah.

As I've stated before, the time to impress was the back to back games against the teams weve beaten in the last fortnight in that week before the split and failed miserably. The image of Gary Teale standing in the Fir Park dressing room at HT live on BT Sport, saying nothing and staring at his loafers in shock spoke volumes for me about his motivational skills and proof of what he can do.

He's a rookie, an absolute rookie. Will he good to be a good manager? Perhaps, perhaps not. Do I think he is the man to turn our fortunes around? Not at this point. We need an absolute clean break in terms of our next managerial appointment. A clear out of the old negative ethos and pals act which has been hanging overwhelmingly at the club for several seasons now.

Teale should and will have a role going forward as he still has a year remaining. It shouldn't be as the manager of St. Mirren though. Assistant? Coach? Yeah, he could well make a positive contribution.

I didn't see what Teale was doing at half time at fir park as I was at the game , but can you account for individual errors that happened that night ?

Maybe he was lost for words at the schoolboy defending that resulted in us being buggered by half time .

Teale's fault ?

We also hammered killie

I didn't see what Teale was doing at half time at fir park as I was at the game , but can you account for individual errors that happened that night ?

Maybe he was lost for words at the schoolboy defending that resulted in us being buggered by half time .

Teale's fault ?

Are you suggesting that the shape, setup and negative tactics of our side that night wasn't his fault?

Like it or not Teale must have the board sitting up taking notice. Now if he goes out and beats Hamilton in the last game the board will be scratching their heads.

As for me I have no idea who I fancy or not. What I do think is something has went on in the background within the squad that has affected our season, add in bad singings.

I did say a week ago that if we won this week you would be back to saying Teale should be manager next season! Just to remind you, however, it's Stevie Thompson that you fancy as manager... even if he is no lead vocalist.

Really?

So, in the two games when it really mattered under Teale we lost 8-0. Does that not mean something?

It's easy to score points when it doesn't matter. He couldn't score points when it did matter.

I find it hard to understand your logic, would love to buy you a beer in the Howff and discuss!

If players don't follow simple instructions or make individual errors , I don't see how that's a managers fault .

By that logic, no manager in history should ever lose his job. Every single goal conceded can become down to an individual error by someone, somewhere on the park.

His tactics in both those games and beyond were atrocious. One goal in eight games and the manner in which we played is my over-riding thought in all of this.

Edited by djchapsticks

I think Teale has done not too badly all things taken into condsideration, Okay we didnt stay up with him at the help but think of the stuff he has had to deal with, like inheriting a load of duds that TC had brought in, Losing McLean, Injuries galore,the DOB's reluctance to fart a nugget etc. Jose Mourinho would have been lucky to keep us up if presented with the challenges that Teale has had to. The job someone does often depends a lot on the tools at their disposal....... Think some of the comments are a bit shite, directed at a guy who has, Im my opinion, done the best with what he has has.

For next season, whoever we have, we need to give them our support, and hope the DOB provide support to them to try and help get us back to the top flight

I think Teale has done not too badly all things taken into condsideration, Okay we didnt stay up with him at the help but think of the stuff he has had to deal with, like inheriting a load of duds that TC had brought in, Losing McLean, Injuries galore,the DOB's reluctance to fart a nugget etc. Jose Mourinho would have been lucky to keep us up if presented with the challenges that Teale has had to. The job someone does often depends a lot on the tools at their disposal....... Think some of the comments are a bit shite, directed at a guy who has, Im my opinion, done the best with what he has has.

For next season, whoever we have, we need to give them our support, and hope the DOB provide support to them to try and help get us back to the top flight

What about the duds Teale signed?