Next St. Mirren Manager Poll

New manager  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seeing how the other thread doesn't have a poll I thought I would start one up with names that have been mentioned on here, in the media and bookies.

Will be interesting to find out who we want on here and if there is a chance it could happen.

Personally I want to see Ian Murray as the new manager.

Edited by Sergie's no1 fan

Seeing how the other thread doesn't have a poll I thought I would start one up with names that have been mentioned on here, in the media and bookies. Will be interesting to find out who we want on here and if there is a chance it could happen. Personally I want to see Ian Murray as the new manager.

Great idea it's a wonder no one else has done this, wait they have? I wonder if this poll will come up with a different result from the other poll? Edited by Kendo

I think there may be a few noses put out of joint if the 33 year old Murray gets the job,, we could end

up with a few unhappy senior pros in our squad.... Don't think it will happen anyway...

Frankly, if that were the case, then said unhappy senior pros could fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

These guys need to realise that they are paid to do a job. All this talk of noses being put out of joint is ripping my knitting. I don't disagree with your contention, but it most certainly shouldn't be a reason not to give the gig to a younger manager such as Murray. If the likes of Teale, Goodwin, and (dare I say it) Thompson spat the dummy if a younger guy was brought in then they should be unceremoniously shown the door. Perhaps they could come back after they have a couple of seasons of managing a club and doing a decent job under their belt and present a case for why they should get the job at some point.

None of these guys have any kind of track record, so they wouldn't be in a position to whine about someone getting the post ahead of them. Apart from anything else, they are all very much approaching the end of their careers with us, so you could reasonably argue that they wouldn't be missed if they exhibited that attitude.

Edited by Drew

I think there may be a few noses put out of joint if the 33 year old Murray gets the job,, we could end

up with a few unhappy senior pros in our squad.... Don't think it will happen anyway...

To be honest over the last couple of seasons there has been they kind of rumours floating about.

I'd hope they would be as professional as possible but these kind of stories pop up too much for my liking. We are in too much deep shit for any player to go in a huff.

We should always be looking for the next Fergie. Young, dynamic with some record of success in lower leagues who can shake things up..

Quite easy to identify if you look for the right qualities.

Worst case scenario, someone who knows the club 'inside out' like Tommy Craig.

The club is a car crash we need/demand change.

What's the obsession with youth in a manager?

Young people tend to know f**k all.

They are cheap I'll grant you but right now we need someone who knows what he is doing.

Tommy Craig had loads of experience, young managers in the league like Hartley, Neil and McNamara were able to rip the pish out him tactically.

We should be looking long term so that if relegation happens we can keep some consistancy.