John Mcginn On Global Talent List

TopCat

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/dundee-united/303745-three-scottish-players-make-prestigious-list-of-worlds-emerging-stars/

A journalists list of the top 100 emerging talents in the world, and our meatball is on it. Him, Ryan Christie and Andrew Robertson are the only Scottish kids there.

Never heard of the list before, but a good news story for a change. Well done John McGinn :cheers:

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/dundee-united/303745-three-scottish-players-make-prestigious-list-of-worlds-emerging-stars/

A journalists list of the top 100 emerging talents in the world, and our meatball is on it. Him, Ryan Christie and Andrew Robertson are the only Scottish kids there.

Never heard of the list before, but a good news story for a change. Well done John McGinn drinks_cheers.gif:

How ironic is it that Christie in planting one on McGinn in that picture lol.gif .

Well done John. Would be great if we could get him to sign a new deal.

Some big names on that list:

Calum Chambers Defender Arsenal

Raheem Sterling Midfielder Liverpool

Ross Barkley Midfielder Everton

Harry Kane Striker Tottenham Hotspur

Paul Pogba Midfielder Juventus

and of course Pierre-Emile Højbjerg at a whopping 19 letters thumbup2.gif

Edited by irvine_buddie

Congratulations to John on being nominated in this elite company.

I don't know how many others would compare him with Archie Gemmill at the same stage in their development?

This should be an encouragement to the other young players who are coming through the development team and also to Kenny McLean who has a different set of skills from McGinn.

....and also to Kenny McLean who has a different set of skills from McGinn.

This is a good point.

Kenny does indeed have a very different set of skills to John, and it has to be assumed that a good coach would utilise them together more effectively in a manner in which they would complement one another's playing style. For me, the team should be built round these players. While I understand that the Cap'n reckons the midfield is there to be by-passed, I feel that the ball should be played through them, for the most part. Kenny has craft to his game while John, though not lacking in skill, has more of an edge, and is a possession player. Let them do what they do best and utilise them in a way that means they don't cancel one-another out and we have one of the best central midfield pairings in the league.

This is a good point.

Kenny does indeed have a very different set of skills to John, and it has to be assumed that a good coach would utilise them together more effectively in a manner in which they would complement one another's playing style. For me, the team should be built round these players. While I understand that the Cap'n reckons the midfield is there to be by-passed, I feel that the ball should be played through them, for the most part. Kenny has craft to his game while John, though not lacking in skill, has more of an edge, and is a possession player. Let them do what they do best and utilise them in a way that means they don't cancel one-another out and we have one of the best central midfield pairings in the league.

Yeah in the way that we failed to utilise McGowan and Harkins together