Happy New Year, Bring On The Killie, 1/1/15

shull

The clearest penalty in the 90 minutes, and the one not awarded.

Can't remember the score at the time, but maybe he'd have given it if it had been 2-0 to Killie and we were in the 95th minute.

Don't care how paranoid this might sound, but he definitely seems to give the benefit of the doubt to the opposition whenever it actually matters.

I've just noticed that this is a different incident to the one that I witnessed in the first half, where Kelly was clearly pulled back as he went to try and get onto the end of a cross ball.

It was even more blatant than the incident in that photo and Kelly was protesting pretty vociferously at the time.

Edited by FTOF

He's in line with Tess (and the assistant)

Plus, the photo is taken after the ball was played. So not exactly a great example of the offside/onside argument.

Edited to add;

The line on the photo isn't straight and it's not in line with the last defender. How can you make a definitive decision based on that? My opinion is that Tess plays him well onside.

Edited by Spam_Valley

Plus, the photo is taken after the ball was played. So not exactly a great example of the offside/onside argument.

Edited to add;

The line on the photo isn't straight and it's not in line with the last defender. How can you make a definitive decision based on that? My opinion is that Tess plays him well onside.

I thought Tess played him onside at the game, and I was sitting in the main stand pretty much in line with it.

It's closer than people are making out, can't say for sure what the right call should have been.

Edited to add;

I'm not at home do cant post today but have the frame by frame software and an accurate line. I'm a grumpy git and too quick to criticise often but what these show is a clear offside and if anyone can find me a frame where Mallen makes contact then you're a better man than me. Every frame of highlights full speed and slow mo close angle dont show it.

I'm not at home do cant post today but have the frame by frame software and an accurate line. I'm a grumpy git and too quick to criticise often but what these show is a clear offside and if anyone can find me a frame where Mallen makes contact then you're a better man than me. Every frame of highlights full speed and slow mo close angle dont show it.

Looking forwarded to seeing your post when you're home.

He's onside.

Sad that so many are distracted by the Collum debacle.

What was most worrying yesterday apart from the insipid overall performance was the apparent disharmony on the pitch.

As others have pointed out, McLean seemed to start with a ne'erday hangover. He was sulking and moaning at his team mates from the kick-off.

When this negativity is directed at some of the younger players such as McLear it is totally unacceptable.

Eventually the rattle was thrown out of the pram and he was red carded.

What has happened behind the scenes since the Dens result?

It is quite a while since we have not been outplayed in midfield and that used to be our strong point.

Our weaknesses are spreading week by week and whilst frustration is an understandable reaction in our current position it does not help overall team morale when key players like McLean start in such a negative frame of mind.

No excuse for such an insipid performance by us yesterday, but Willie Collum managed to get every game changing decision wrong. He awarded Killmarnock two penalties when Josh Magennis clearly dived on both occasions. He somehow managed to miss the same lump of wood taking another blatant dive directly in front of W1 west stand side.

In any other business this man would be held accountable for his sheer lack of ability to properly carry out his duty as a professional referee.

Edited by class of 76-77

No excuse for such an insipid performance by us yesterday, but Willie Collum managed to get every game changing decision wrong. He awarded Killmarnock two penalties when Josh Magennis clearly dived on both occasions. He somehow managed to miss the same lump of wood taking another blatant dive directly in front of W1 west stand side.

In any other business this man would be held accountable for his sheer lack of ability to properly carry out his duty as a professional referee.

Mallen, McGinn, Mclear and Mclean were given no protection what so ever by the ref and Killie were allowed to foul these players repeatedly, often with no foul even given.

It's not the whole story, but it had an impact on the game

Mallen, McGinn, Mclear and Mclean were given no protection what so ever by the ref and Killie were allowed to foul these players repeatedly, often with no foul even given.

It's not the whole story, but it had an impact on the game

It's no longer acceptable in my view for three officials to make such glaring mistakes and not be held accountable. Both Kilmarnock penalties were blatant dives by Magennis. There is no debating it, the guy cheated and 3 officials failed to see this. I find that unbelievable and worrying that these officials are supposed to be the best Scottish football has to offer.

We made poor decisions in the summer transfer wise and are now paying the price - we have no recognised forward line and Samson didn't even have a save to make yesterday. Yes referee was pish poor but I'm afraid we were as well and yet again a mediocre side leaves with 3 points ........ granted this time with more than a little help from that arsehole Collum

We made poor decisions in the summer transfer wise and are now paying the price - we have no recognised forward line and Samson didn't even have a save to make yesterday. Yes referee was pish poor but I'm afraid we were as well and yet again a mediocre side leaves with 3 points ........ granted this time with more than a little help from that arsehole Collum

Samson did have one save to make aside from the penalty which he fluffed. Unfortunately it was from a defender's boot!

I will still hold fire in condemning all our new forwards as, in Ball's case, it was hard to play central in Craig's side. Maybe if he knew the ball was likely to arrive in the box he would be more inclined to stay there.

So when is the compliance officer looking at some of the incidents in this game, or do they just pick and choose these decisions.

That's 2 games recently we've had a lot of decisions go against us, but as these things even out over the season we are due quite a few in our favour, though I won't hold my breath.