Call Off The Search!

TopCat

We'll I've been to all 3 And there is a massive difference with our play wait till 5pm on Thursday and we'll see what u think then

I've only been to one game and to be perfectly honest I don't care too much either way whether Teale gets the job or not, but where your argument loses credibility is when you talk about St Mirren playing superbly against Motherwell and where you talk of a good performance against Celtic whilst saying Celtic could have scored 10.

A good manager should be able to set up their side to defend well, as well as attack. It may just be that the club really does need new defenders but Teale still hasn't managed a single shut out in three games. In the Motherwell game, I think you are getting carried away. It was a spirited performance from 10 men against the third worst side in the division but for all that St Mirren didn't really threaten - offside goal apart - whilst at the other end McGinn fell asleep and McAusland, again, lost Sutton in the six yard box.

Jury is out.

Yes your right we have won 1 game, your also right we have played three games, but before that, we haven't played any football.

Well done to our present management team and the young lads.

Can't let that one go. A lot of folk, and I include myself in this, were very pleased with a lot of performances and our complaint was more about results and certain individuals not being up to scratch. Latterly I would agree the fair on show was totally unacceptable though.

I firmly believe that having Longwell involved in the first team is a shrewd move as he knows where the youngsters are in relation to their football development and, more importantly, their mind-set. He has also been working on the side-lines, albeit with the youth squad, so is used to overseeing things from the touchline and tweaking things during a game.

I suppose it depends what you want from this season whether we change things again. I don't believe GT and DL will save our season.There's no guarantee a more experienced appointment would either. I do believe they have a fresh approach and are happy to play the youngsters rather than feeling forced to play them. This in itself must have a positive impact on the kids stepping over the white line.

Certainly playing a lot better under gary and david, i want to see how they deal with the transfer window before i make a decision on them though,get a centre half and a striker in and show your understanding of what we need and of who needs dropped then i'll decide.

I'm sure they would both like to bring in new players but will the board sanction it and where is the money coming from? It's clear that over the past couple of seasons a couple of signings appeared to be desperation stuff. If we don't sell anyone I don't see how we will be in a position to bring in a player of any quality and that certainly won't be the fault of Gary or David. As far as dropping players is concerned it looks like that it is slowly happening.

I like the fact that Teale had the balls to play Mclean up front instead of TC's three dud strikers. If we win against Killie we should just go with him till the summer and back him by letting him wheel and deal in the transfer window, he must have decent contacts from his time in England.

Ross County got a point today

...and went back to the bottom of the league, while we leapfrogged them and drew closer to Partick Thistle who are far from safe the way things are going.

Quick question. Prior to the Celtic game, how long had Teale and Longwell been in charge - and once you answer that question, please tell us what you think they should have achieved with the team at Celtic Park.

No real need to do anything at the moment.

Teale and Longwell have done a superb job so far but there should be no immediate rush to give them the job permanently at this stage.

In a couple of weeks time we should maybe know a bit more about the Argentine bid for the club, that is bound to have an impact on the management team if it was to go through, or indeed if their bid was to expedite a rival bid to move towards completion.

Teale has already started making enquiries about bringing players in come january, so that he is prepared to make his moves if he is given the gig full time.

Its a tough time for making change as the transfer window only lasts 4 weeks and any new man in place will have to move quick and also assess what is needed.

Why ?

Why does anyone have a grudge against the man

He's in a job where he has to make unpopular decisions which affect people hopes and dreams

The only main gripe i have heard against him is his ability to spot a player

But no one has said he isn't a good coach or the way he sets his teams up especially playing from the back

He's most likely more suited to the job he is in this moment of time

No idea.

What exactly are "yous" and how would we recognise them?

I wouldn't expect to see any until the next Aberdeen fixture...

Not a fair comparison By all accounts that was more to do with Celtic's profligacy in front of goal.

Ah yes that old "But we could have scored ten" quotation been trotted out again yet ?

Why does anyone have a grudge against the man

He's in a job where he has to make unpopular decisions which affect people hopes and dreams

The only main gripe i have heard against him is his ability to spot a player

But no one has said he isn't a good coach or the way he sets his teams up especially playing from the back

He's most likely more suited to the job he is in this moment of time

how can anybody say he can't spot a player 7of them were in the team yesterday

If Longwell gets the gig as assistant manager then we may as well shup up shop now. That would be a complete joke.

Am I right in saying that your dislike of Longwell comes down to the lack of transfer income we have received on youth players? A ridiculous criticism of a coach who should primarily be judged on his coaching capabilities, and right now, he looks a pretty capable coach at this level.