Call Off The Search!

TopCat

There's no need to jump into anything at the moment. Hire him, sack him - usual calls on here.

Our defence is shit - has been for years, I'd be happy to say the the current team "you have a handful of games to see how you get on. Dump the shite and bring in some players with the money freed up. You're not getting a management teams wages because you might be shite". It's an amazing opportunity for them and safe guards is from offering a deal. Imp, they don't deserve an offer yet - no where near it.

There's no need to jump into anything at the moment. Hire him, sack him - usual calls on here.

Our defence is shit - has been for years, I'd be happy to say the the current team "you have a handful of games to see how you get on. Dump the shite and bring in some players with the money freed up. You're not getting a management teams wages because you might be shite". It's an amazing opportunity for them and safe guards is from offering a deal. Imp, they don't deserve an offer yet - no where near it.

There is a need to jump in.

The transfer window is opening this week. If we don't have a manager we are going to lose time in this vital period. All our rivals have permanent managers and they're all planning their business.

There is a need to jump in.

The transfer window is opening this week. If we don't have a manager we are going to lose time in this vital period. All our rivals have permanent managers and they're all planning their business.

Can you see either of them having influence or a good reach into the transfer market?

A reasonable theory, if you ignore contracts, contract law and the impact, that firing people who are contracted to you might have, when you then go on to offer contracts to other players.

New players might not actually trust contracts similar to those that the management had just ripped-up, shredded, ignored.... :unsure:

I've been impressed by the organisation, the players putting in a shift and the instruction coming from the touchline during the game. So many variables now though, even an experienced appointment may be tough as he'll want assurances about any sale and his position. 4 points from 6 over the next 2 games and they've certainly made their case as well as could be hoped.

We are in a difficult situation on account of the BoD's tardiness in bagging Craig. Had it been done earlier (in October perhaps) there would have been more time to run the rule over the interim team well in advance of the potentially critical January window.

As it is, we are where are. I reckon a win on Thursday might see Teale and Longwell given the gig till the end of the season anyway, and, based on the albeit limited turnaround we appear to have experienced with them at the helm, I wouldn't have an issue with that.

I agree drew, feel that appointing them now would be a snap decision based on a couple decent performances. There was always going to be a perceived bounce post Craig, things really couldn't get much worse. Is that down to the new management team or just because Craig is no longer there?

Like you say, Craig should have been punted in October when we could all see the direction it was heading.

It's definitely not just a bounce / reaction due to TC being sacked. That might be a reasonable perception if the team was being set up the same way with the same personnel / positions. But it's not. In the past couple of games there have been changes to the starting lineup, changes of positions for key players, and different tactics employed.

From my perspective, I don't see who could come in and do anything drastically different at this late stage for THIS season. To me I think the sensible thing to do would be to wait and see what happens in the Killie game, if we play well and win then we keep Teale / Longwell for the rest of the season. We don't give them a 2 year deal, or even a 1 year deal - we give them the remainder of the current campaign. If they do well, then longer contracts can be discussed toward the end of the season, if not then we thank them for their efforts and use the longer time between May and July to make the RIGHT appointment.

To me, none of this is then a 'snap' decision, it's just being sensible.

I am sure it is slightly more than three he wants to punt but getting rid of any won't be easy. We can tell players to find new clubs but if they don't then we have even more deadwood on our hands like Butcher had last season with Hibs. However maybe a couple of our 'strikers' could find a gig elsewhere in non-League football with similar wages we pay them. Others we are stuck with unless we can loan them out but who in their right mind would want our 'strikers' that cannot score?

I like the fact that Teale isn't f**king about wasting time and is making plans just incase he gets the job.

I've been impressed with him so far.

You weren't saying that after the Celtic game or the Motherwell game. If we lose or next couple of games then I guess you'll be one of his biggest critics.

It's definitely not just a bounce / reaction due to TC being sacked. That might be a reasonable perception if the team was being set up the same way with the same personnel / positions. But it's not. In the past couple of games there have been changes to the starting lineup, changes of positions for key players, and different tactics employed.

From my perspective, I don't see who could come in and do anything drastically different at this late stage for THIS season. To me I think the sensible thing to do would be to wait and see what happens in the Killie game, if we play well and win then we keep Teale / Longwell for the rest of the season. We don't give them a 2 year deal, or even a 1 year deal - we give them the remainder of the current campaign. If they do well, then longer contracts can be discussed toward the end of the season, if not then we thank them for their efforts and use the longer time between May and July to make the RIGHT appointment.

To me, none of this is then a 'snap' decision, it's just being sensible.

If Teale does get the job I would imagine he would bring in an experienced assistant and allow David Longwell to go back to his day job. This could work out well as this person could be someone with 'contacts' in the game whilst at the same time it shows the youths that the opportunity to go to the first team will happen if they perform in the development league.

However if it's an appointment until the end of the season I can see it as being the status quo.

If Teale does get the job I would imagine he would bring in an experienced assistant and allow David Longwell to go back to his day job. This could work out well as this person could be someone with 'contacts' in the game whilst at the same time it shows the youths that the opportunity to go to the first team will happen if they perform in the development league.

However if it's an appointment until the end of the season I can see it as being the status quo.

Unless the main reason for the upturn in attitude and endeavour IS Longwell.

Tommy Craig is free just now, last time he was an assistant he helped guide the club he was at to a league cup trophy!