Call Off The Search!

TopCat

Whomever comes in has to, just bloody has to, get rid of McAusland. All damned match he was being led by Goodwin, his passing was f**king woeful and his marking shambolic.

The fact that he keeps getting picked and is also vice captain are two reasons why we need a clearout top to bottom, and why people think Gary Teale should be given more time after the results he has given us thus far is being far too fair on him. In my mind he needs to get the right replacements in this month before i will say he might be up to it.

I still say we should be looking for someone who is not and has never been involved with our club in either a playing capacity or by being a drinking buddy or business associate of a board member or the general management team.

The fact that he keeps getting picked and is also vice captain are two reasons why we need a clearout top to bottom, and why people think Gary Teale should be given more time after the results he has given us thus far is being far too fair on him. In my mind he needs to get the right replacements in this month before i will say he might be up to it.

I still say we should be looking for someone who is not and has never been involved with our club in either a playing capacity or by being a drinking buddy or business associate of a board member or the general management team.

Since Mair was punted during last January's transfer window we have had two CH's, it's clear Goodwin fancies himself in that role but we've not had an experienced & fit defensive midfielder to free him for the bulk of this period, this has left us with no option but to persist with McAusland as his confidence/form has hit rock bottom (in the main) for 12 months but the bulk of the blame should be left at the door of the two managers who have left us with no option.

Since Mair was punted during last January's transfer window we have had two CH's, it's clear Goodwin fancies himself in that role but we've not had an experienced & fit defensive midfielder to free him for the bulk of this period, this has left us with no option but to persist with McAusland as his confidence/form has hit rock bottom (in the main) for 12 months but the bulk of the blame should be left at the door of the two managers who have left us with no option.

I agree with the above but would add, why have 2 different managers not identified that we have no top league standard centre half and filled that position with an experienced centre half ? I cannot believe that they were happy putting Marc in that position and also to have him as vice captain

There's no doubt that we have been very unlucky with refereeing decisions in Gary's two home games.

We've had dodgy red cards in both, scored two perfectly good goals which weren't given and we had two penalties given against us, neither of which were penalties.

It would be hard for any side in the bottom 6 to overcome all those big decisions going against them. We are no different. I still hope he gets the job, and I still think he will.

Edited by TopCat

There's no doubt that we have been very unlucky with refereeing decisions in Gary's two home games.

We've had dodgy red cards in both, scored two perfectly good goals which weren't given and we had two penalties given against us, neither of which were penalties.

It would be hard for any side in the bottom 6 to overcome all those big decisions going against them. We are no different. I still hope he gets the job, and I still think he will.

Agree on decisions but v Killie, we had 1 shot on target and were very poor. That has nothing to do with the officials.

We'll I've been to all 3 And there is a massive difference with our play wait till 5pm on Thursday and we'll see what u think then

My thoughts are the same , we need a manager who is not already connected to the club.

I came back Thursday to let you know this.

You still want Teale obviously.

It's not going to happen though.

We have taken 1 point from 30 at home. It needs drastic action not the cheap option again. Your hoping teale gets the job why cos he fired the team up and won a game v a poor Dundee team. I like Gary but I want a proven boss in with Gary as number 2. Time is ticking and after defeat no 4/5 tomorrow we need a new# man in. Let's face it we will be lucky to get anything up there. Tommy wasn't up to it Gary has improved but I get the feeling the team wanted Craig out and I would have overseen an improvement. Edited by norrie82

We'll I've been to all 3 And there is a massive difference with our play wait till 5pm on Thursday and we'll see what u think then

Still awaiting your response.

lost 4 out of 5 under GT & DL.

I think we need someone who is not already connected to the club.

I like Teale & Longwell , I hope they stay at the club in some other capacity.

The new manager should be neither of these two.

You still want Teale ?

• 2 weeks later...

Rock & a hard place but I'd still like to see the job go to an up&comer like Steve Aitken or Ian Murray.

Bud , Teale has got the team playing with a bit of urgency in my opinion its important the squad believe in the manager Teale for me will save us from relegation.

What more could you want brought to the table , in other words why take a risk when we have someone already who is up for the task ?

Not sure?

Maybe you should start another thread about it?

If you start a thread every time we win a game, at the current rate, you may have 3 or 4 running by the end of the season.

Nah I'll just post in this one, thanks. Gary Teale must be the new St Mirren manager.

Bud , Teale has got the team playing with a bit of urgency in my opinion its important the squad believe in the manager Teale for me will save us from relegation.

What more could you want brought to the table , in other words why take a risk when we have someone already who is up for the task ?

The pros and cons of who our next manager should be has been discussed in thousands of posts over a number of threads and my opinion remains that a fresh face is the best option - that's my opinion and I've not seen enough yet to make me change it.

.............or should I have waited until our next defeat to reply?

The pros and cons of who our next manager should be has been discussed in thousands of posts over a number of threads and my opinion remains that a fresh face is the best option - that's my opinion and I've not seen enough yet to make me change it.

.............or should I have waited until our next defeat to reply?

Clearly the team is playing better under Teale if your judgment is on the game with horrendous weather I would say that did have an impact on the performance. We were very unlucky not to pick up further points in other games.

Big worry is a South American coming in to manage the team fighting relegation I reckon that will be the end if it. Seems a real possibility given no new manager has been brought in , Gary Teale has not been made official manager heading into the end of January.