Call Off The Search!

TopCat

Since Teale and Longwell have taken over the first thing to notice is a huge difference in the attitude and commitment of the players. They now appear to be playing for each other and giving 100%. The difference between the last 5 games or so and most of the games before that is night and day. The players obviously respect him and play for him.

The second thing is he has dropped from the team all the players that many thought were nowhere good enough - Ball, Marwood, Drury, Caldwell and Reilly. And he has since got Caldwell and Drury off the books (and Plummer to save a wage). Teale saw where the weaknesses were and wasn't afraid to wield the big stick even though he had precious few options.

We have been incredibly unlucky with refereeing decisions over his last few games some of which undoubtedly cost us precious points - not Teale's fault. He has also had the courage to stand up for his players and challenge two sending offs via Appeals. Something that TC was very reluctant to do.

Teale has brought in a forward that looks like he will benefit the team. Considering its the January window when most decent players are still on contract and considering we have little money and our league position I would say his transfer dealing has been pretty reasonable.

His knowledge of our Development Squad gave him the confidence to throw in Stephen Mallan who now likes like he could be our next big thing.

Teale decided that Thommo's injury wasn't healing and it was now time to get it fixed properly - something that should probably have been done months ago.

In four Away games since taking over he has won two of them - the same number of away wins that TC took 4 months to get.

I do not see what else GT and DL could have done better in their short time in charge and doubt anyone else could have done better in the circumstances. Their knowledge of our squad had been a huge bonus and not a hindrance. The momentum is beginning to grow and I reckon they deserve the gig until the end of the season at least.

Since Teale and Longwell have taken over the first thing to notice is a huge difference in the attitude and commitment of the players. They now appear to be playing for each other and giving 100%. The difference between the last 5 games or so and most of the games before that is night and day. The players obviously respect him and play for him.

The second thing is he has dropped from the team all the players that many thought were nowhere good enough - Ball, Marwood, Drury, Caldwell and Reilly. And he has since got Caldwell and Drury off the books (and Plummer to save a wage). Teale saw where the weaknesses were and wasn't afraid to wield the big stick even though he had precious few options.

We have been incredibly unlucky with refereeing decisions over his last few games some of which undoubtedly cost us precious points - not Teale's fault. He has also had the courage to stand up for his players and challenge two sending offs via Appeals. Something that TC was very reluctant to do.

Teale has brought in a forward that looks like he will benefit the team. Considering its the January window when most decent players are still on contract and considering we have little money and our league position I would say his transfer dealing has been pretty reasonable.

His knowledge of our Development Squad gave him the confidence to throw in Stephen Mallan who now likes like he could be our next big thing.

Teale decided that Thommo's injury wasn't healing and it was now time to get it fixed properly - something that should probably have been done months ago.

In four Away games since taking over he has won two of them - the same number of away wins that TC took 4 months to get.

I do not see what else GT and DL could have done better in their short time in charge and doubt anyone else could have done better in the circumstances. Their knowledge of our squad had been a huge bonus and not a hindrance. The momentum is beginning to grow and I reckon they deserve the gig until the end of the season at least.

Good post that makes sense. Sadly, it would seem that the new owners might have other ideas.

Clearly the team is playing better under Teale if your judgment is on the game with horrendous weather I would say that did have an impact on the performance. We were very unlucky not to pick up further points in other games.

Why did it only rain on us that afternoon, maybe coz our ex-manager ballsed up with his summer signings. You'd probably get more sympathy from me on the string of poor refereeing deisions that other posters have mentioned. Bottom line is that we're still 11th in the league and although Teale seems to have identified the driftwood in our squad he's not really shown that he can wheel & deal effectively yet or put the squeeze on his English connections.

Is he the man who can save us this season - only time will tell.

Big worry is a South American coming in to manage the team fighting relegation I reckon that will be the end if it. Seems a real possibility given no new manager has been brought in , Gary Teale has not been made official manager heading into the end of January.

I wouldn't advocate a South American manager coming in at this stage either.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Why did it only rain on us that afternoon, maybe coz our ex-manager ballsed up with his summer signings. You'd probably get more sympathy from me on the string of poor refereeing deisions that other posters have mentioned. Bottom line is that we're still 11th in the league and although Teale seems to have identified the driftwood in our squad he's not really shown that he can wheel & deal effectively yet or put the squeeze on his English connections.

Is he the man who can save us this season - only time will tell.

I wouldn't advocate a South American manager coming in at this stage either.

On bringing in players I would imagine the budget has something to do with that plus the club being handed over to new owners very shortly. Anyway the bottom line is survival something we all hope happens fingers crossed Bud

If that's the case then they should all be shown the door. They are well paid professionals who should be playing for each other and giving their all, regardless of who the manager is. What happens if we don't appoint Teale, will they just down tools again ?

People respond better when they respect their leader/boss/captain. They respond better when someone motivates them and encourages them. They respond better when they have a fugurehead that is committed and passionate about the cause. Do you think TC had these qualities? I don't.

TC insisted in playing players every week that were not up to the job. This would demotivate the players in question, their team-mates and the fans.

I reckon I always earned my wages throughout my life by I know I would go the extra mile and pull out a few more stops for leaders that I had faith in and with and a workteam that I had confidence in. But maybe some people are robotic and work at peak performance every time regardless of the shitty mess they find themselves in. Must be great to be a Manager of a squad like that :)

But you know all the above anyway :)

If that's the case then they should all be shown the door. They are well paid professionals who should be playing for each other and giving their all, regardless of who the manager is. What happens if we don't appoint Teale, will they just down tools again ?

That's easy to say, but if morale is at rock bottom in any workplace on account of a lack of appropriate leadership and direction, performance is likely to be affected. Would you suggest bagging everyone involved?

I understand the point that they are well paid (comparatively speaking) and considered professional so should always give 100%, but, in reality, various factors can influence performance (again, this applies in any area of work). It seems glaringly apparent that Tommy Craig simply didn't have the wherewithal, so he paid the price. Similarly some of the players have been dropped and/or let go, so changes have been made where required to some degree.

That's easy to say, but if morale is at rock bottom in any workplace on account of a lack of appropriate leadership and direction, performance is likely to be affected. Would you suggest bagging everyone involved?

I understand the point that they are well paid (comparatively speaking) and considered professional so should always give 100%, but, in reality, various factors can influence performance (again, this applies in any area of work). It seems glaringly apparent that Tommy Craig simply didn't have the wherewithal, so he paid the price. Similarly some of the players have been dropped and/or let go, so changes have been made where required to some degree.

I agree that there has been a definite reaction to a new man at the helm. I just don't think players should be applauded for now giving 100%

I agree that there has been a definite reaction to a new man at the helm. I just don't think players should be applauded for now giving 100%

What is obvious is that more players are in their preferred position or moved due to key attributes they have. As opposed to just stuck in a positon to keep them in the team.

People respond better when they respect their leader/boss/captain. They respond better when someone motivates them and encourages them. They respond better when they have a fugurehead that is committed and passionate about the cause. Do you think TC had these qualities? I don't.

TC insisted in playing players every week that were not up to the job. This would demotivate the players in question, their team-mates and the fans.

I reckon I always earned my wages throughout my life by I know I would go the extra mile and pull out a few more stops for leaders that I had faith in and with and a workteam that I had confidence in. But maybe some people are robotic and work at peak performance every time regardless of the shitty mess they find themselves in. Must be great to be a Manager of a squad like that :)

But you know all the above anyway :)

GT has given a freshness and crucially a belief to the collective. That is clear and to be applauded. Respect has replaced doubt. Long term , he'll I don't know , this could all be up in the air next week for all I know. I'm excited and more optimistic that when the team had TC in charge , but the bigger picture, well I'll just clench and hope for the best whilst expecting the worst tbh !!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think it's the right decision but at least it's been made.

Can take some heart from the statement saying "additional players" so hopefully that means more than one. Wouldn't be surprised if there are none though and come Tuesday folk are saying it doesn't matter as the players we'd be signing will be free agents.

Good luck Gary

You will fecking need it

I suppose there won't be a great deal of pressure on him. Let's face it, there is no great expectation that he'll perform miracles, whereas we might (not unreasonably) have expected a new man to come in affect some change.

From the day Craig was bagged (way, way too late in the day), I've been of the view that the appointment should be someone who doesn't have baggage with the club. As the weeks dragged on, it was apparent that there were no genuine plans to bring anyone else in - 'wheeler-dealer'? FFS, they must think we are idiotslaugh.png . So it got to the point that they'd be as well giving GT the gig around the New Year, yet still their heels were dragging - presumably still focussed on the sale of their shareholding.

So another managerial appointment with apparently no standard recruitment process being utilised, and the relatively inexpensive option being preferred....quelle surprise!

Anyway, did anyone have money on Teale? If so, at least there will be some winners this season.

Edited by Drew

I suppose there won't be agreat deal of pressure on him. Let's face it, there is no great expectation that he'll perform miracles, whereas we might (not unreasonably) have expected a new man to come in affect some change.

From the day Craig was bagged (way, way too late in the day), I've been of the view that the appointment should be someone who doesn't have baggage with the club. As the weeks dragged on, it was apparent that there were no genuine plans to bring anyone else in - 'wheeler-dealer'? FFS, they must think we are idiotslaugh.png . So it got to the point that they'd be as well giving GT the gig around the New Year, yet still their heels were dragging - presumably still focused on the sale of their shareholding.

So another managerial appointment with apparently no standard recruitment process being utilised, and the relatively inexpensive option being preferred....quelle surprise!

Anyway, did anyone have money on Teale? If so, at least there will be some winners this season.

I know a few who knee jerked and bet on some south american being the new manager. lol.gif

So another managerial appointment with apparently no standard recruitment process being utilised, and the relatively inexpensive option being preferred....quelle surpise!

This is what irks the most. I actually think Teale seems ok, but is he better than the 80 other applicants we allegedly had?! Did we have to wait for SG to come back for this non-decision to be made?

I, and others, have said before that your heart wants to believe this has GOT to be down to the buyout. That Teale is just a placeholder to give some stability to the club given that there is clearly no immediate movement with the sale.

My head, however, keeps saying we've been waiting five years for the sale and there's been f**k all happened so far.