Stephen Mallan

TopCat

they waxed lyrical when Rooney hit one, aged 17, for Everton v Arsenal.

Rooney's 35 yard screamer v Stephen Mallan ripping Dundee a new one is a no contest. A Cracking goal

To be fair to Sky. They've shown the goal about five times already that I've seen and they are definitely commenting on it with extreme enthusiasm. So much so the lads stock must have risen already to the six figures.lol.gif

I don't like to get carried away... But I'm going to.

I believe this player is further on currently than McLean or McGinn were when they were his age. He's better than they were when they were 18 and a few months.

I fully expect him to play for Scotland one day.

Said I didn't like to get carried away... I actually did quite like that :)

I don't like to get carried away... But I'm going to.

I believe this player is further on currently than McLean or McGinn were when they were his age. He's better than they were when they were 18 and a few months.

I fully expect him to play for Scotland one day.

Said I didn't like to get carried away... I actually did quite like that smile.png

Like I said in another post there are a lot of good things happening at our club and the youth team is a big part of it. That is why its so important that we make the right . appointment as manager. We need to appoint someone who sees the youth as a great asset to be developed and not as an opportunity to free up some wages.

Mallen is good and is one of our better players but Baird is outstanding at tU20 level and looked very good in his two senior games, I'd like to see Yacub get some game time. There's plenty talent there

ETA Wee lesson for Doran there as wellbangin.gif

Edited by insaintee

Off topic: But, remember the days (80s) they played the junior cup final at Hampden?

Rugby Park was deid, considering it was a local team.

And in the Sixties.

I saw the Burgh win it, there. :)

As an afterthought, not really off topic, after all.

Jimmy Mallan scored for the Burgh in the Hampden cup win, and HIS Faither - who died REALLY young (in his 40s?) - played for Saints: Jim Mallan (came from Shellic).

Wonder if the new Mallan Buddie is related?

Btw a found a bit about burgh winning the cup about 2/3 down this pie and Bovril page

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/195606-old-photo-thread/

Edited by bluto