Stephen Mallan

TopCat

5 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Rather get another season out of him then 0k than 200k.

No chance. The lad wanted his move in January and it fell through. There's no way we can hold him back at this level another 12 months if he wants to be playing at a higher standard of football.

Not regardless of price - a price by the way that none of us know exactly - but yes....he should be allowed to leave. He's far too talented to stagnate at this level and to be fair, even if we did go up, I'd argue he's going to be too good for SPFL Premiership level as well. I'd imagine there are clauses in the deal that could make this very lucrative for us if he goes down there and performs well.

A cut of a future fee, especially with money going around in the English Championship will certainly be worth more than any initial fee if, as expected, Stevie does his thing down there and gets a bigger move. Look at the sort of money guys like Dorrans and McCormack moved for.

So regardless of price he should be allowed to leave. Why get players tied into contracts in that case? The lad signed a deal that lasts till next year.

The contract means you get a fee bud, not to mention some form of control. He's not the type to down tools, but we can't deny he's done his bit and deserves to progress.

The contract means you get a fee bud, not to mention some form of control. He's not the type to down tools, but we can't deny he's done his bit and deserves to progress.

200k though Kenny? A wee bit shy for me.

Would wish him all the best of course but i would be sure we could get more. Hopefully this will attract a few bids elsewhere.

200k though Kenny? A wee bit shy for me.

Would wish him all the best of course but i would be sure we could get more. Hopefully this will attract a few bids elsewhere.

Yeah, the fee could be seen as low. Hard to work out how it's decided, that's the main issue. If other clubs are hovering then fair enough, but they'll all know what we accepted in January and we'll not see much higher than 200K up front in that case.

If transfer goes through is it correct that the previous owners will get an accelerated repayment? Is that all of the fee or part of it?

It is indeed true that the potential is there for an accelerated payment. I'm unsure of the %'s, plus I believe there's a degree of confidentiality about it. I do know it's not all of the fee.

My understanding was the nature of the deal is that the previous owners never received the full sale amount up front and they are receiving repayments over a set period. However if the club gets any transfer money in then they receive a portion of that fee as accelerated repayment.

Maybe that's why it's a lower fee with addons and a big sell on clause, as with McAllister.

47 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Wonder if it's more than the offer in the January window that fell through last minute?

Indeed. 

Okay sad to lose him but you can't hold the boy back and we were obviously very, very close to losing him in January.

If that had happened then we'd be looking at a smaller fee and, in my opinion, League 1 football. 7 goals, 7 assists in his last 8 for us. Who else could have provided that? Not to mention the amount of joy he's brought us the last few months.

We well and truly dodged a bullet with that deal falling through.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

He clearly knows bugger all about the football transfer market.

Being decent in construction and real estate doesn't mean to know everything about every business. This transfer is a f**king joke.

He knew enough about the transfer Market to tell Dundee to f**k off & also to knock back the January offer.