Stephen Mallan

TopCat

Whilst getting some cash in for Stevie and probably Lewis, its not the be all. JR worked his miracles on wheeling and dealing and I am sure he will again be looking at replacements.
As for any young talent we have, I hope they go on to further their careers and potential, just as McGinn and Kenny did, we will always be a feeder club, just like every other team in Scotland.
I just hope the moves the boys pick is the right one for them.... Mallan has been simply brill
Barnsley would easily be top 4 in Scotland  

Barnsley got an average crowds of 13,000 last season with Newcastle, Leeds etc visiting. They would only easily get in the top 4 if they had the finances they get now. They are no bigger club than Dundee Utd or Hibs

55 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

I would seriously like to know how you think the old BoD profited from selling players on the cheap.

Go on, let us know. I could do with a good laugh.

I'd also like someone to name a single player that St. Mirren have sold on the cheap who has then go on to make his next club a large profit in the transfer market.

Just one.

Frankie bhoy 

4 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Barnsley got an average crowds of 13,000 last season with Newcastle, Leeds etc visiting. They would only easily get in the top 4 if they had the finances they get now. They are no bigger club than Dundee Utd or Hibs

My point is Dave they do get the finances don't they, so whats your point exactly.... If Lewis didn't have a fast car he would not win races?

24 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

We don't get 60,000 home fans but we have beat Celtic a few times. Stevie Thompson liked his time there it's a club with history. It also gives wee Stevie a bigger platform for the future. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We don't get 60,000 home fans but we have beat Celtic a few times. Stevie Thompson liked his time there it's a club with history. It also gives wee Stevie a bigger platform for the future. 

Stevie Thompson didn't play for Barnsley, he played for Burnley.

But it's ok to mix them up. They're all the same. Northern shiteholes........although admittedly I've never been to either. As the "trout" on the Barnsley forum will testify, it's ok to comment on things you haven't got a feckin clue about. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Stevie Thompson didn't play for Barnsley, he played for Burnley.

But it's ok to mix them up. They're all the same. Northern shiteholes........although admittedly I've never been to either. As the "trout" on the Barnsley forum will testify, it's ok to comment on things you haven't got a feckin clue about. 

Ok nice wee racist comment there, obviously you have not been there.... Lovely people , great pubs and rolling hills

you haven't got a feckin clue about. Ha ha well demonstrated

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

When you drive into Barnsley there's a big sign that says 'Welcome to Barnsley - don't laugh, just wait until you see Rotherham'.

That's one for any Barnsley fans 'dipping in'. See, we're a nice friendly bunch here. :D

:lol:

All those guys playing Billy Big Baws might care to reflect that the only reason they are able to attract so much TV money is because of TV companies who really only want Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Man C and Spurs.

The likes of Barnsley are riding on the back of that just like every Scottish club rides on the back of the OF.

Nobody actually gives a f**k about either of our sides.

So maybe Troutman and his mates should remember that when they are swinging their ineffectual cocks around trying to impress us.

They certainly shouldnt be bragging when they are engaging in financial doping like every other eanglish club.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Whilst getting some cash in for Stevie and probably Lewis, its not the be all. JR worked his miracles on wheeling and dealing and I am sure he will again be looking at replacements.

As for any young talent we have, I hope they go on to further their careers and potential, just as McGinn and Kenny did, we will always be a feeder club, just like every other team in Scotland.

I just hope the moves the boys pick is the right one for them.... Mallan has been simply brill

Barnsley would easily be top 4 in Scotland  

Aye only if they kept their TV money, which they wouldnt.

Without financial doping they would not necessarily be better than anyone else,

43 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Mallan's last League game was in front of 20,000 just over a week ago. He will need to get used to smaller crowds in the industrial heartlands of Engerland :)

I really thought Mallan would gave ended up at Hibs or Hearts as he is the sort of player (like Mclean and McGinn) who would fit in easily to their first team.

I'm actually glad that is someone like Barnsley he is going to hopefully not too much pressure on his shoulders(due to small price tag) and he ends up being their best player over next season or 2 then get a big money move to someone else and our sell on clause gets us a nice little earner.

The Billy Big Baws might also want to reflect onnthe following.

We have never been in administration. We could have done but we sold our ground to pay our debts instead.

That has left our club's history intact and stain-free.

Perhaps if Barnsley had the shown the same level of honour and decency they would not be in a position to essentially screw us for one of our best players.

They should maybe show a bit more f**king respect.

Or at least they should maybe try having the overheads associated with actually owning their own f**king stadium. Even our "conference" club has managed that. They rent from the council FFS.

Edited by oaksoft

I think people need to be a little more realistic about how much teams are prepared to pay for a 21 year old Scottish Championship player with one year left on his contract. £250k and a decent sell on clause if he happens to do well sounds about right to me.

Mallan also deserves his move, and I think we do the right thing by our young players. We want youngsters and their parents to know that if you sign for St.Mirren and you are good, you will play, and if you do well enough, we will sell you to a bigger club, where you will earn a lot more money.

You mean they are worse than Fakes and Sevco- Scary

Yes I believe they would struggle to get in our top 4 if they were in the Scottish Premiership and had the financial constraints that our teams work under. St Johnstone have arguably the best manager out with Rodgers who works wonders year in year out in Tommy Wright.

The move for Mallan to Barnsley is a good one for numerous reasons. More competitive league, money and better exposure to go to even bigger club than Barnsley. If he keeps progressing his stay at Barnsley could be a short one and could go on to better things.

He deserves his move he has been excellent

6 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Yes I believe they would struggle to get in our top 4 if they were in the Scottish Premiership and had the financial constraints that our teams work under. St Johnstone have arguably the best manager out with Rodgers who works wonders year in year out in Tommy Wright.

The move for Mallan to Barnsley is a good one for numerous reasons. More competitive league, money and better exposure to go to even bigger club than Barnsley. If he keeps progressing his stay at Barnsley could be a short one and could go on to better things.

He deserves his move he has been excellent

Agreed, great move for him

BUT- they don't have the financial contstriants- Feck Real Madrid would struggle to

I don't think this is the best move for him, Barnsley aren't a very high profile club and he could easily be forgotten about down there unless he is a standout for them, I think he should hold out, bigger teams than Barnsley will come calling soon enough.

Barnsley are a team who finished in the middle of the Championship and have aspirations of getting to the EPL, where they've been before.

Where do you think he should go?

I think this is a great move for him and I'm pretty confident he will do well down there.

It was becoming clear toward the end of the season that he's far too good to be playing in the Scottish Championship. This move has came at the right time for him.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Barnsley are a team who finished in the middle of the Championship and have aspirations of getting to the EPL, where they've been before.

Where do you think he should go?

I think this is a great move for him and I'm pretty confident he will do well down there.

It was becoming clear toward the end of the season that he's far too good to be playing in the Scottish Championship. This move has came at the right time for him.

It's only not a good move if there are bigger clubs interested. The boy is a class act, but I have seen good players disappear down there, so the important thing here is that he trusts the manager who is signing him to give him the backing he deserves and help develop his career even further.

As for being far too good for the Scottish Championship, it'd be nice to have that kind of player for another season, if it were possible... :wink:

Quick Question, what is the name of the "Oh Wee Stevie Mallan Song".

I thought it was the Rolling Stones my other half thinks it's The Strokes starting to think neither of us is right.

Edited to add ---------------

F####R just found it The White Stripes not happy she thinks she is funny beating me to finding it.

Edited by Ronnie