Stephen Mallan

TopCat

13 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I would doubt Mallan is going anywhere near the Barnsley first team squad at the moment. He be going into development academy and we'll see if he can make it from there. He's not good enough currently for Barnsley first team.

He is without doubt making the right move.

Interesting that nobody else has tried to sign him.

200K is the best the board can get for him.

Macgennis will slot into his position nicely and we'll have forgotten about him by October

Maybe he will get a first-team chance if they need new bodies in midfield as this story suggests...pffft.. sending bids to Div...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-fc/barnsley-reds-close-on-st-mirren-midfielder-stevie-mallan-1-8542689

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Do I really have to explain, ok then, by balancing the books, and protecting there interest, keeping the club in the black, while we all watch the club slipping down a slippery slope towards the third tier of Scottish football for the first time in our history, what was the original price 2million or there abouts,  or replace the playing squad with duffers from all over that's how, theres more than one way to skin a cat, but never mind we were debt free,, hope you find this funny, I didnt 

It is posts like this which make me fear for the future of fan-based ownership.

Utterly ridiculous to suggest that we should have gambled going into debt to try and stay in the SPL.

You speak like someone who has no basic grasp of finances.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Good post, but let's be honest, we really don't give a flying fcuk about Barnsley, how they operate, or if they have Sevconian / Livvy traits that mark them out as shysters. My only interest in wishing them well next season is that if they do well, the chances increase that Stevie Mallan is doing well. With a bit of luck, Mallan cuts the mustard down there and earns a big move. Then, with all due respect, who gives a shit what happens to Barnsley FC? For the time that Stevie Mallan is with them, good luck to them.

No I agree. I was responding to the total lack of respect shown by their fans.

You are right though. I literally don't care about any other club.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It is posts like this which make me fear for the future of fan-based ownership.

Utterly ridiculous to suggest that we should have gambled going into debt to try and stay in the SPL.

You speak like someone who has no basic grasp of finances.

Who mentioned gambling and debt,,  theres a big difference between being ambitious and reckless, and being negative can be just as bad, I will leave running the club to people that are much more experienced and clever than me, you seem like a smart guy or so you make out, did you put yer name forward for smisa ???

9 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We don't get 60,000 home fans but we have beat Celtic a few times. Stevie Thompson liked his time there it's a club with history. It also gives wee Stevie a bigger platform for the future. 

Aye, Stevie Thompson never ceases to talk about how much he loved playing for Barnsley... or would that be Burnley?

As good as gone: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1010882/stevie-mallan-st-mirren-sign-barnsley/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Now that it's a case of when, rather than if, who will we bring in to replace him? Need someone who can take a great set--piece, has fantastic passing and vision and can score from anywhere. Should be easy enough :unsure:

In all seriousness, who is a realistic replacement that we can afford? Will we see Magennis move into the middle long term?

Would like to see some of the money used to give Morgan a longer contract, although doubt he'd take it.

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Who mentioned gambling and debt,,  theres a big difference between being ambitious and reckless, and being negative can be just as bad, I will leave running the club to people that are much more experienced and clever than me, you seem like a smart guy or so you make out, did you put yer name forward for smisa ???

You criticised the club for staying in the black although we are run to break even.

You therefore by default can only be advocating that we go into the red. That requires either a sugar daddy which we neither have, need nor want, or we need to go into debt.

Are you following this?

As good as gone: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1010882/stevie-mallan-st-mirren-sign-barnsley/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER
Now that it's a case of when, rather than if, who will we bring in to replace him? Need someone who can take a great set--piece, has fantastic passing and vision and can score from anywhere. Should be easy enough :unsure:
In all seriousness, who is a realistic replacement that we can afford? Will we see Magennis move into the middle long term?
Would like to see some of the money used to give Morgan a longer contract, although doubt he'd take it.

Jack and James sound like they had already prepared for Mallans departure, which leaves me in no doubt they already have in mind either a replacement within the squad ready, possibly Magennis, or they will add a new addition.

3 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Jack and James sound like they had already prepared for Mallans departure, which leaves me in no doubt they already have in mind either a replacement within the squad ready, possibly Magennis, or they will add a new addition.

Are they.

Are they.

Recent radio interviews and post match as well as the poty awards, Jack has talked Mallan up to moving to bigger anf better things, which would be most likely this summer. It seems veey coincidental the timing also after Jack saying he wanted to move quick to signing up current squad and see whos going so he can get in replacements.

7 hours ago, JM1 said:

Cheers for everything Stevie. Great talent and was a pleasure watching him.

Magennis should move into the middle. What a player he is. He has everything!

Another huge talent, without a doubt.

I haven't seen him from dead ball opportunities, right enough. They were a Mallan speciality that we will undoubtedly miss. Perhaps this has been an area that Magennis has been coached in recently.

Morgan looks as though he could deliver a decent free kick and corner, so let's hope he is sticking around.

10 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I'm sure they do, however I don't see the harm in folk on here suggesting who we could replace him with.

I dipped back into the Barnsley forum. Clearly, I am partly responsible for initiating a two-way 'dipping' process whereby I have commented in a barbed manner about their attitudes to the standard of football up here, someone on their forum has read the comments and posted back on their forum. It is maybe best to clear the air then.... nah, fcuk it, Barnsley's a shithole and their club are Livvy-esque Sevconian bawbags. Fcukum'. :D

29 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Seen nothing this morning in the press to say this deal is official ? Edit Nothing on the official forum also ? 

Do we not have to wait for the Transfer Window to open before it becomes official?