Stephen Mallan

TopCat

31 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You may have a good point there. There is news out there of players signing pre-contracts though. 

Spot on. He will sign and be paraded, with the caveat that he will officially join on 1st July.

Do I really have to explain, ok then, by balancing the books, and protecting there interest, keeping the club in the black, while we all watch the club slipping down a slippery slope towards the third tier of Scottish football for the first time in our history, what was the original price 2million or there abouts,  or replace the playing squad with duffers from all over that's how, theres more than one way to skin a cat, but never mind we were debt free,, hope you find this funny, I didnt 

Aye, damn their eyes for protecting the club's long term future and refusing to go into debt to satisfy some people's SPL top six wet dream.

On 5/15/2017 at 0:20 PM, TopCat said:

Barnsley are a team who finished in the middle of the Championship and have aspirations of getting to the EPL, where they've been before.

Where do you think he should go?

I think this is a great move for him and I'm pretty confident he will do well down there.

It was becoming clear toward the end of the season that he's far too good to be playing in the Scottish Championship. This move has came at the right time for him.

It wasn't a one-man team though was it?

23 hours ago, TopCat said:

In his first season he scored the goal of the season in Scotland and three others for a relegated side.

In his second season he scored 14 goals in a poor side. In his third season he scored 11 goals in an even poorer side for the first half of the Season .

Those numbers are fantastic for a midfielder of any age, never mind a kid who's just turned 21 and has been playing in a succession of poor teams.

That's before you even mention his assists. Against Raith last month he scored 3 and set up the other 2 in a 5-0 win. He set up the goal that kept us in the league at Easter Road.

For the good of his career it's time for him to move on.

:rolleyes:  FIFY

23 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Aye, damn their eyes for protecting the club's long term future and refusing to go into debt to satisfy some people's SPL top six wet dream.

I never said they we should go into debt, as oaktree is making out, I was asked why selling players cheaply would benefit the old board, I said by balancing the books, to protect there interest, as other cheapskate decisions they were making all over the place like parting with Danny Lennon replacing with Tommy Craig then the unbelievable one while up to our eyeballs in relegation fight appoint a player Gary Teale,  was costing the club bigtime and fans,  including myself, sure they were tired they wanted out, but if the smisa bid had fallen through, where would we be now, would we be looking forward to next season like we are now, Gordon has recently said the club was in a mess when he took over, OH BUT NEVER MIND WEVE NO DEBT,  reminds of old pauper story I was told he went to his unmarked grave in the comfort he owed no one,

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I never said they we should go into debt, as oaktree is making out, I was asked why selling players cheaply would benefit the old board, I said by balancing the books, to protect there interest, as other cheapskate decisions they were making all over the place like parting with Danny Lennon replacing with Tommy Craig then the unbelievable one while up to our eyeballs in relegation fight appoint a player Gary Teale,  was costing the club bigtime and fans,  including myself, sure they were tired they wanted out, but if the smisa bid had fallen through, where would we be now, would we be looking forward to next season like we are now, Gordon has recently said the club was in a mess when he took over, OH BUT NEVER MIND WEVE NO DEBT,  reminds of old pauper story I was told he went to his unmarked grave in the comfort he owed no one,

So if you're not suggesting going into debt but not happy we ran at break even.... What are you suggesting? 

9 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I'm 100% behind the old board keeping us out of debt. It would have been gross stupidity to put a club which they had saved by selling the old stadium and moving to a new one, into debt once again.

They made a number of poor decisions regarding managerial appointments, and the last few years of their reign was poor and tired, as they hadn't the money to put in or the energy to keep going. However, suggesting they should have put yet more of their own money in, despite having already put in their life savings and in some cases cashed in pension funds - that doesn't seem fair to me.

They were trying to find someone who would pay them back the money they were owed and who would have the club's best interests at heart. I think they succeeded, however much damage was done in the intervening time.

13 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'm 100% behind the old board keeping us out of debt. It would have been gross stupidity to put a club which they had saved by selling the old stadium and moving to a new one, into debt once again.

They made a number of poor decisions regarding managerial appointments, and the last few years of their reign was poor and tired, as they hadn't the money to put in or the energy to keep going. However, suggesting they should have put yet more of their own money in, despite having already put in their life savings and in some cases cashed in pension funds - that doesn't seem fair to me.

They were trying to find someone who would pay them back the money they were owed and who would have the club's best interests at heart. I think they succeeded, however much damage was done in the intervening time.

Your as bad as oaktree when did I say that lol, my last word on the subject is, as my auld maw used to say if jobs worth doing its worth doing right, even if yer tired, ps good luck wee stevie boy

Edited by portmahomack saint

Just now, portmahomack saint said:

Your as bad as oaktree when did I say that lol, my last word on the subject is, as my auld maw used to say if jobs worth doing its worth doing right, even if yer tired

Sorry, everyone else appears to be stupid for not understanding whatever it is you're trying to explain. You'll have to forgive us all...

:rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You gotta add in the £15k debt they left to fix the USH and the £20-£40k being poured into the black hole they papered over (literally) at Ralston. Other than that it was all gravy... well maybe apart from the wee Celtic Park re-brand, and throwing families out their seats for sevco pounds.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

You gotta add in the £15k debt they left to fix the USH and the £20-£40k being poured into the black hole they papered over (literally) at Ralston. Other than that it was all gravy... well maybe apart from the wee Celtic Park re-brand, and throwing families out their seats for sevco pounds.

I think they left with more credit than debit, in terms of what they have done for the club over the years.

13 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I think they left with more credit than debit, in terms of what they have done for the club over the years.

Maybe, maybe not?

point is everyone should take their share of responsibility regarding how far the Club fell away. Only then can we truly learn and work to ensure it stays vibrant, meaningful and connected to the support and the community.

Maybe, maybe not?
point is everyone should take their share of responsibility regarding how far the Club fell away. Only then can we truly learn and work to ensure it stays vibrant, meaningful and connected to the support and the community.

You're off on one I see. Best of luck...

[emoji102]

If you count wanting to build on the season passed, where fans came back to the club as being "off on one" then yes guilty as charged.

You're not wanting to build on anything - you're wanting to dredge up things from the past, as is clear from your post.

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Josef Fritzl's got a shorter sentence than this.

Where as you spend all your waking hours dredging up. Is it a fulfilling lifestyle?

Nice attempt at deflection, but back to you - which part of:

"everyone should take their share of responsibility regarding how far the Club fell away"

is it that's not dredging up the past?

:D

6 hours ago, Soctty said:

Nice attempt at deflection, but back to you - which part of:

"everyone should take their share of responsibility regarding how far the Club fell away"

is it that's not dredging up the past?

:D

You dont think everyone should take responsibility? 

I am going into the kitchen now if you want to follow me there too?

You dont think everyone should take responsibility? 
I am going into the kitchen now if you want to follow me there too?

Follow you? You quoted my post ya nutter...

[emoji23]

As for taking responsibly - I think we should look forward, as you pretended was your intention earlier in the thread... ????