Stephen Mallan

TopCat

Well that's Mallans chance of getting a game gone. They are going to buy better quality players now and he is struggling to get a game the now
"investing in young players is their vision, giving them an opportunity"... Might be interpreted that Mallan has a greater chance of first team football now.

The new owner created the Moneyball method. [emoji38]
This is the ridiculous idea that you can choose a good player and team using computers. [emoji38]
Are managers still risking their reputations on this pish?
I thought it was standard practice for most clubs? There's companies making big money out of providing player stats

7 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:
13 hours ago, oaksoft said:
The new owner created the Moneyball method. emoji38.png
This is the ridiculous idea that you can choose a good player and team using computers. emoji38.png
Are managers still risking their reputations on this pish?

I thought it was standard practice for most clubs? There's companies making big money out of providing player stats

Which is important to a manager.

1 hour ago, DWBud said:

Man of the match as well supposedly, well done stevie.

Mallan was tidy. Got stuck in a few times, worked hard, just lacked a bit of pace and bravery for me.. set pieces were alright. Nearly scored a beauty in the dying minutes.

Only post I could find of Mallan on their forum.

Barnsley failed to score for a fourth successive home game as they were held to a goalless draw by Preston.

The visitors created the better chances and went close to scoring in the first half when Jordan Hugill's shot at the end of a counter-attack hit the post.

The hosts did not manage an effort on target until the last 10 minutes.

But when they did, Preston goalkeeper Chris Maxwell saved superbly from both Harvey Barnes and Stevie Mallan within 60 seconds of each other.

I don't think Mallan will be leaving Barnsley in the January transfer window. I can't see the manager giving him his first start yesterday then puting him out on loan a few weeks later.

I had this fanciful idea that as the season unfolded that Mallan might return in January given his lack of 1st team action. Can't see it happening now.

Good luck to Stevie as I think he is a real talent with a bright future ahead of him

6 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Hibees could be involved in a good windfall for us with this and the sale of McGinn.

I don't see it to be honest, Mallan moved there knowing he wouldn't walk ito the first team. His first game and he's had good reviews so will likely get more of a chance. Would be very strange for him to take the step down to Hibs six months after leaving and when he's finally making way onto the scene. Maybe a loan deal which could be good for us in increasing his value for a sell on. 

22 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don't see it to be honest, Mallan moved there knowing he wouldn't walk ito the first team. His first game and he's had good reviews so will likely get more of a chance. Would be very strange for him to take the step down to Hibs six months after leaving and when he's finally making way onto the scene. Maybe a loan deal which could be good for us in increasing his value for a sell on. 

Did he?