Stephen Mallan

TopCat

21 minutes ago, pod said:

From Barnsley Forum

The danger being that now this is well and truly in the open. Only be a matter of time (hopefully not) that some bugger else will come in and offer him more in wages.

Like it even more.

Bit Billy big baws from Barnsley comparing us with a Conference outfit and the  premiership with their league 2 - nonetheless I wish Stevie all the best and hope he loves it down there.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Bit Billy big baws from Barnsley comparing us with a Conference outfit and the  premiership with their league 2 - nonetheless I wish Stevie all the best and hope he loves it down there.

They can delude themselves about how good the lower English leagues are all they want.

The fact is we will never know.

Enough players have failed to adapt when switching in both directions that it's not clear which leagues are truly better.

And if Barnsley are only able to attain their level by racking up huge debt and becoming totally reliant on the teat of TV money rather than bringing their own talent through then that is their problem not ours.

The fact of the matter is, we are a sustainable club operating within our means and we have become f**king awesome at bringing through our own players. Long may that continue. I would rather have that than watch a broken and corrupt football league system any day.

Edited by oaksoft

Is it any wonder they think our Championship is their Conference standard? They know as much about our Championship as I do about their Conference. They are probably looking at a top division here with one club sitting on 100 points with second place 30 points behind. They maybe see a glimpse of a top flight game played at a place like New Douglas Park, with two stands, and what looks like three men and a dug' watching. They see a plethora of plastic pitches including some in the top league itself. They probably see has-beens like Senderos riding pine at Rangers, or journeymen like Clint Hill at a supposedly big club..... and conclude we are shite.

I reckon Kieran Tierney at Celtic is a gem, a class act... they'll never have heard of him.

Who gives a fcuk what they think of Scottish football. They are largely ignorant of what goes on up here generally.

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

To help source and bring through a chunk of the first team by spotting and nurturing local talent?

So you bring a lad on from age 6 and then when he gets really good you give him away for peanuts.  We've done this with McLean and Mcginn both Scottish international players now?  What is the point. We got another crap fee for mcallister too. So you think any other club like  hibs,motherwell, Dundee United, Hamilton would let this happen. It's absolutely disgraceful if he leaves for this amount and it seems pointless to rear local talent then basically give them away. 200k for kenny, 100,000 john mcginn?  Absolute pish

11 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

So you bring a lad on from age 6 and then when he gets really good you give him away for peanuts.  We've done this with McLean and Mcginn both Scottish international players now?  What is the point. We got another crap fee for mcallister too. So you think any other club like  hibs,motherwell, Dundee United, Hamilton would let this happen. It's absolutely disgraceful if he leaves for this amount and it seems pointless to rear local talent then basically give them away. 200k for kenny, 100,000 john mcginn?  Absolute pish

So , you know exactly how much we got for these players ? Are you brian caldwell/ stewart gilmour ? 

Away and dry yer eyes

Just now, norrie82 said:

On several occasions I have heard the Aberdeen boss say the only cash he spent was 200k for kenny. That was right at the end of a transfer window and ultimately end our survival hopes. 

I`m posting this link , not because i believe everything the beeb tell us (i defo dont.) but to prove that all the paper talk /manager speak /speculation regarding transfers is simply that .

You getting your knickers in a twist about a deal you know feck all about is quite frankly ludicrous. I have no idea how much Mallan might have gone for / will go for and neither do you, yet you seem intent in getting all worked up about it. 

Mallan will go on to greater things whether we like it or not and i trust the BOD to do the deal that is in the best interests of our club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31094119

4 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Is he going for 200k or is he going for 175 which was said on national radio. I am just saying callum.either way it's piss poor if that is it. And you know it. And again please stop stalking me. I'd like to just post without you having a go. Cheers 

:lol    stop replying

2 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Is he going for 200k or is he going for 175 which was said on national radio. I am just saying callum.either way it's piss poor if that is it. And you know it. And again please stop stalking me. I'd like to just post without you having a go. Cheers 

Stalking !?! :lol:  Dont flatter yourself/ :rolleyes:

Its an open forum for public debate. 

As i have said elsewhere, i would see £200k as far too little but if thats what other clubs are prepared to offer then thats his worth .

FFS guys this is getting ridiculous. NOBODY knows what the deal for Mallan is right now. £200-£300k probably doesn't meet what most of us think is value for Stevie but the best way for that to be fixed is for someone other than Barnsley to put an offer in. Then it's game on.

Barnsley look as though they want to get their business done early. Hypothetically, if Saints were to knock this back and Stevie missed his big move like he did in January we'd have a very disappointed player on our hands and that suits nobody.

Before anyone says that wouldn't happen, ask yourself where all the other offers are at the moment?

There's a poster going by the name of Conan Troutman on that Barnsley forum who seems to be dipping in here to read our comments. He reckons he's touched a nerve up here with his comments about our football. Well, hopefully if he dips back in, he can enlighten us on how much Scottish Championship football he's witnessed, maybe give us his insight into the merits of Falkirk, Morton, Dundee United, Hibernian... maybe tell us how John Baird, John McGinn, Willo Flood or John Sutton compare to the no-doubt stellar superstars strutting their stuff in the Conference (a league surely only trumped by La Liga for glamour).

Come on mate, go on, tell us all about our own league.

Our opinion on Barnsley (generally speaking) is that it will be a step up in quality for Stevie Mallan, a mid-table English Championship club playing to crowds three or four times bigger than us, and paying Mallan a lot higher wage, is clearly a bigger arena in which to play. We are happy to recognise Barnsley as a place where Mallan can earn a wedge and more importantly progress his career playing in a higher standard league.

That'll be because we actually know a wee bit about what the fcuk goes on outwith our own wee fcuking world of 'Conference standard' football.

Edited by pozbaird

I wish Mallan the very best in what is a higher quality league with bigger crowds and higher rewards.He has done well with us. We will have brought in some money and given Jack Ross some wiggle room. The better he and people like Kenny Mac and John McGinn do, the better our reputation grows. And our income from fees.