Sign in to follow this  
TopCat

Stephen Mallan

32 minutes ago, bender rodriguez said:

I know his old man posts on here but I would have thought he would have encouraged him to go elsewhere. Barnsley were always going to be whipping boys in that division stevie is a great player in a dominant team but he is not a battler I don't know if it's just financially he went there but seems a strange decision to me. Would love him back though would genuinely think we would win the league if he came back

I've asked before but, WHO would you drop to accommodate him in the team.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I've asked before but, WHO would you drop to accommodate him in the team.

We have had lots of FK opportunities just outside box this season which we have not taken advantage of and I am sure stevie would have scored a couple. I like mc Shane and mcginn but think they have been pretty inconsistent this season. Going forward they have been good but their defensive capabilities are not great

3 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

We have had lots of FK opportunities just outside box this season which we have not taken advantage of and I am sure stevie would have scored a couple. I like mc Shane and mcginn but think they have been pretty inconsistent this season. Going forward they have been good but their defensive capabilities are not great

You surely wouldn't drop either of those two because Mallan is better defensively?? Going forward would be the absolute reason for bringing him in!!

22 hours ago, melmac said:

Easy, McShane.

21 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

21 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

McShane is a good player but there's no real argument that he's an upgrade on Stevie. 

I think you are selling McShane short. He works harder than Stevie did and he's part of a good unit. As for consistency. If we had that from all the players they probably moved on to better things and I can't recall Mallan being solid defensively

Edited by stlucifer

Mallan certainly no Paulo Maldini but McShane does not seem to know whether he should be going forward, staying, tracking back or halving someone in mid o park. There's a player there.

Well that's Mallans chance of getting a game gone. They are going to buy better quality players now and he is struggling to get a game the now
"investing in young players is their vision, giving them an opportunity"... Might be interpreted that Mallan has a greater chance of first team football now.

The new owner created the Moneyball method. 
This is the ridiculous idea that you can choose a good player and team using computers. 
Are managers still risking their reputations on this pish?
I thought it was standard practice for most clubs? There's companies making big money out of providing player stats

7 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:
13 hours ago, oaksoft said:
The new owner created the Moneyball method. emoji38.png
This is the ridiculous idea that you can choose a good player and team using computers. emoji38.png
Are managers still risking their reputations on this pish?

I thought it was standard practice for most clubs? There's companies making big money out of providing player stats

Which is important to a manager.