Best Saints Goal You Have Witnessed

Proud to say I was one of the 400 odd Saints fans that witnessed that goal on Saturday, it has to be the best goal iv ever seen us score. It even tops Yardley's v Morton and Shuggies head keepy uppie v The Bankies.

What is the best Saints goal you have witnessed live? And would it be good enough to cause social media to go into over drive like Malladonna's has?

Think a few older fans will say Scanlon's v Celtic, wish there was cameras at that game.

Yeah we mentioned this in the pub on Saturday. I'm certain it's the best Saints goal I've seen in 20 odd years.

McLean and Carey's 40 odd yard digs were good, but not as good as Mallans. Sheer genius. And at such an important part of the game and of our season.

Just seen Mallan's it is a terrfic goal and one that will certainly go down as one of the best, Take into considerstion the young fella picked the ball up in his own half and danced around the Dundee midfield, pushed forward ...... and put it away with a great strike says it all.

This can only bring confidence to the whole team and hopefully we build from here on in to the end of the season. I certainly hope we see more goals, especially at home to get the monkey off our back of not having a leauge win at home this season. Goals like Mallan's & Mcleans will surely get the crowds coming back. Certainly looking forwad to the "Killie Pie" game and i'm sure we will see that home win.

It's great to be a Buddie!

Happy New Year to all St. mirren Fan's ............... home tomorrow .............

Best I ever witnessed was Kenny McDowalls' volley in a 1-1 draw with Celtic at Love Street on 09/01/1988. The worst rain I've ever seen a match played in. I'm sure it was on Scotsport and would be very grateful if any Buddie was able to upload it

I was thinking about that one as well. Brian Hamilton chips a ball into Ian Ferguson, he flicks a header into McDowall's path and he hits a 20 yard volley. Think it was the same game that Campbell Money fumbled a cross into his own net.

Some great strikes and team goals have been mentioned, and I also thought about the one at Ibrox in 87/88ish when Ian Cameron beat 3 and slipped the ball to Billy Davies, who fired a 25 yarder into the top corner. But Mallan's goal on Saturday is out on its own as a piece of individual brilliance.

I'd say that was easily the best Saints goal I've witnessed.

Other goals not yet mentioned that I enjoyed were McGarry against Livy where he chipped the keeper.

Scott Walker v Morton was special as he cleared the header at one end and continued to score at the other.

I'd say that was easily the best Saints goal I've witnessed.

Other goals not yet mentioned that I enjoyed were McGarry against Livy where he chipped the keeper.

Scott Walker v Morton was special as he cleared the header at one end and continued to score at the other.

That was the one that immediately came to my mind. Yardley's a few years later slipped my mind, would probably go with that. A combination of the run, who it was that did it and what the goal meant make it all pretty special.

Mallan's goal is superb and probably the best I've seen, albeit on video, but some of Ally McLeods in the early 70's were of similar style. Mazy runs and slotting the ball in the corner of the net were typical - particularly in the 4 he scored at Ibrox and I was there for that wonderful night to be a Saints fan!

All the best to Buds for 2015 and our Saints Team.

The fact that Yardley's goal against Morton wasn't filmed is both sad because I'd love to see it again & great because I'm adding on more players that he beat in that run every year. I think it's up to 15,438 players now.

Seriously, what a brilliant goal by a brilliant player.

Gunni Torfason header into the bottom corner at the Tattiedome. Tomas 'George Michael' Stickroth has the ball almost right next to the right side corner flag, absolutely nowhere to go, but he flicks the ball from his left foot to right foot in a flash, and whips a bullet cross right onto Gunni's napper, and he bullets the header hard and low into the bottom corner. Gunni then runs to Stickroth and they both celebrate right in front of the jungle.

Oh yes.

Edited by pozbaird