Best Saints Goal You Have Witnessed

I was thinking about that one as well. Brian Hamilton chips a ball into Ian Ferguson, he flicks a header into McDowall's path and he hits a 20 yard volley. Think it was the same game that Campbell Money fumbled a cross into his own net.

Some great strikes and team goals have been mentioned, and I also thought about the one at Ibrox in 87/88ish when Ian Cameron beat 3 and slipped the ball to Billy Davies, who fired a 25 yarder into the top corner. But Mallan's goal on Saturday is out on its own as a piece of individual brilliance.

And if my memory is correct, the ball doesn't touch the ground in the 2nd half

Got to be Ian Scanlon's against the green bigots, we were 2-0 down, came back to win 4-2, Scanlon's effort must have been at least 40 yards,

Showing my age here.

That was a great goal in a great game.

But Scanlon scored many great goals as he was very capable of a mazy run and finishing with a curling shot

He done it time and time again

On the other hand i witnessed a last minute winner against the deceased club where a player went on a mazy run and finished with aplomb.

Totally out of character as he was mostly rotten

One Peter Mackie

Remember Ian Ferguson scoring a couple of crackers against Dundee United in 1987 , both crackers . But don,t think they were as good as Mallans ( but I wasn,t there so Mallans doesn,t count ) , John Hewitts goal is up there as a team goal and Ian Scanlons goal against Celtic has to be up there too

For me, what makes this goal extra special is the fact that the boy deftly won the ball in midfield himself before starting the run.

What happened after that is good but the ball winning makes it extra special.

Definitely up there for me.

The likes of Scanlon & Beckett's goals were spectacular and are also remembered for winning us games against C*ltic.

But I like the goals where the player beats a few guys before scoring, eg Mallan's goal and Yardley at Cappielow. As mentioned by someone else, Scanlon did this on more than one occasion.

For me though, the 'Bone on his own' goal is also a belter as he also runs from his own half, outpacing what is arguably the greatest ever defence in Scottish football history, before slotting it away. I'm pretty sure that win 'goal of the season'.