Best Saints Goal You Have Witnessed

On 1/1/2015 at 9:33 PM, Brian1877 said:

Geordie shaw in the 4-1 game at tannadice in the bib but for me shuggies Keepie uppie v Clydebank at love st. Def my favourite season, fav saints team and a classy goal from a saints legend

Have any of the goals scored Since 2014 changed your mind on this? 

Seeing as it's  been bumped up...

Higdon's goal v Falkirk from 40 yards

Dorman's two in the same week, that volley v Hibs followed by the outrageous lob at Motherwell

Dargo's volley v Hearts

Mehmet in the semi v Hearts, it's your average "good strike" but with the occasion at hand...brilliant

For sheer joy, Sutton's winner during The Great Escape. Right in front of the fans, peels away from the crowd of bodies as if he already knows where the second ball is landing...and that volley smashing the roof of the net. The insanity that followed in the away end. Stunning.

Probably missed others I can't remember right now.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2014 at 7:04 PM, Yardley said:

Ricky Gillies 40 yard lob against St Johnstone was a peach - set up by McAvennie. Andy Rhodes was wearing a luminous gk top that day- he changed it at half time after getting lobbed bye1.giflol.gif

My first ever Saints match! Remember it as a wee boy as a goal from near enough the halfway line, had assumed that in reality it was only on the edge of the box or something, so I am glad to read it was indeed a cracker!

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2014 at 1:08 PM, zurich_allan said:

Don't forget Ian Maxwell's against Hibs (I think) - about 40 yards out from the wing! :)

van Zanten, no?

50 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

billy davies when we beat sevco

Are you talking about THAT Billy Davies goal? The one he bulleted into the top corner after the mazy run by Cameron?

if so, there’s two things wrong with your statement. We lost 2-1 that day and it wasn’t Sevco it was Rangers. If we want to call them Sevco now, then it stands to reason that you have to acknowledge that they were Rangers then :P

Tony Fitz against Dundee Utd in the cup.

Scanlon against Celtic in the League.

Scanlon against Clydebank in the cup.

Zico against Rangers at Ibrox

Zico against Celtic in the cup semi.

These were all great goals from that era as due to the composition of the ball back then, the type of “spectacular” goals we see these days were very rare indeed.

In the more modern age you could probably list countless goals and it would be very difficult to tell them apart. Jesus, Stevie Mallan’s wee video montage on YouTube would provide about a dozen for a start!

Any one of the 3 league Cup winning goals were excellent, many many goals from the late 70's and early 80's, Becket's, Bone's and Mallan's goals of the season. I have a great memory of a brilliant Jim Blair solo goal against thistle but I was youngish and there's no recording so that one may have improved in my memory over the years

January 1976 Saints v Dundee United on ice.  How the game was played I don't know, we wore trainers and they wore studs.  Torrance (2), Stark & McGarvie. 

Not sure which was  the best but we scored some fantastic goals that day.

Also remember listening to the 4 goals Ally MacLeod scored in the night game at Ibrox in the League Cup (I think?)

SMTID

53 minutes ago, jimmy 1 said:

Jimmy Bone v Aberdeen at love st.

Ian Scanlon from 40 yards v Celtic.

Anyone of the league cup final goals

I am Ferguson Scottish cup final winner.

Mark Yardley in league  cup  at cappielow. Lazy run with about 4 Morton players hanging off him. Like a slow motion maradonna v England.

These are a pretty good choice.