Best Saints Goal You Have Witnessed

Wee Shuggie Murray keepy uppy goal against Clydebank in 2000

Scanlon 40 yarder against Celtic

Ian Ferguson carbon copies against Hearts and Dundee United to won the cup in 87

All 4 of Ally McLeods against Rngers at Ibrox in the league cup

Gus Mcleod with his arse against Hamilton which was one of 5 he scored that day

Surprised no one has mentioned this goal yet as one of the best I have ever seen from a saints player, Pretty sure this happened,although it could have been one of my stmirren based fantasy’s.

away to Partick thistle ,would have been 98/99 season maybe, Yardley gets the ball on the right hand side of the box, back to goal,with CB tight on him, he flips the ball up over his head ,turns the defender and volleys into the top corner. What a goal. 

6 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this goal yet as one of the best I have ever seen from a saints player, Pretty sure this happened,although it could have been one of my stmirren based fantasy’s.

away to Partick thistle ,would have been 98/99 season maybe, Yardley gets the ball on the right hand side of the box, back to goal,with CB tight on him, he flips the ball up over his head ,turns the defender and volleys into the top corner. What a goal. 

Big Yards was an enigma even to himself.  A simple one from him at Cappielaw was my favourite goal of his. 

10 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That was definitely Maxwell. Left wing, no idea if he meant it.

BBC Report

Can't find a clip of it. Also didn't realise Hibs had Tommy Craig as caretaker manager at the time...

Some extremely crappy quality coverage of it.

Mallan's hat-trick goal against Raith was probably the best at the new stadium. Outstanding build-up and an even better strike.

12 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Shuggy v Stirling probably the most important goal in our history and it was a belter

I was going to say that one aswell not just because it was a cracker but because of the importance of winning that day. Pitch invasion hundreds of fan's outside singing as forth bank couldn't cope with the amount of fans we brought. What a day. 

13 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That was definitely Maxwell. Left wing, no idea if he meant it.

BBC Report

Can't find a clip of it. Also didn't realise Hibs had Tommy Craig as caretaker manager at the time...

I had this one in mind:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/oct/01/match.stmirren

The Maxwell one was clearly a fluke, hardly a great goal. the DvZ was a belter (although closer in than I remember it, according to this report).

14 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

I was going to say that one aswell not just because it was a cracker but because of the importance of winning that day. Pitch invasion hundreds of fan's outside singing as forth bank couldn't cope with the amount of fans we brought. What a day. 

It was great mate. I dont think I have ever been as nervous at a match. Basically the goal saved us from possible liquidation .   

12 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Sounds like his first goal for us

I remember him scoring a couple at a game at Firhill we won 2-1 in 1997/98, one of which sounds like the one being described - although I thought he headed it after flicking it over the defender as he didn't have the time to wait on it dropping to be volleyed.

16 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are you talking about THAT Billy Davies goal? The one he bulleted into the top corner after the mazy run by Cameron?

if so, there’s two things wrong with your statement. We lost 2-1 that day and it wasn’t Sevco it was Rangers. If we want to call them Sevco now, then it stands to reason that you have to acknowledge that they were Rangers then :P

where did a say 2-1 result my friend?so a was right in all above 

I witnessed most of the goals mentioned in the thread , but for me , the best goal is the most memorable goal  , the first one you recall when the subject comes up , and mine dates back to a midweek game in 1969 , arriving late so entering by the Caledonia End , reaching the top of the stairs to behold what was a wonderful sight (just the pitch under lights I mean) and in that moment seeing Bobby Adamson cross to the far post , Jim Blair outjumps Alan Anderson and heads down to the edge of the box and there's Peter Kane to rifle an unsaveable half-volley past Jim Cruickshank.

11 hours ago, billyg said:

I witnessed most of the goals mentioned in the thread , but for me , the best goal is the most memorable goal  , the first one you recall when the subject comes up , and mine dates back to a midweek game in 1969 , arriving late so entering by the Caledonia End , reaching the top of the stairs to behold what was a wonderful sight (just the pitch under lights I mean) and in that moment seeing Bobby Adamson cross to the far post , Jim Blair outjumps Alan Anderson and heads down to the edge of the box and there's Peter Kane to rifle an unsaveable half-volley past Jim Cruickshank.

You would have seen the smasher that Bobby Adamson scored against hibs in that 3 -0 drubbing at love st on our return to first division ..

I remember the Record had a pic calling it a "Bobby Dazzler" it was all of a thirty yard screamer .......

mind you every goal I've ever seen St Mirren score has been a screamer even if it trickled in from a rebound :lol::clapping

And my pick of best goal ever seen............................Anyone...........that's won us the game when our nerves have been shredded:thumbsup

27 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Ian Scanlon 40 yarder V Celtic when we were 2.0 down came back and won 4.2
Amazing goal great result.

I recall this one too.  I was in the Northbank, Just east of the centre line.  He was positioned there.  He saw the keeper slightly off his line, turned and smashed it over him and into the net.  Wonderful goal.