Best Saints Goal You Have Witnessed

Guest TPAFKATS
I do remember some of the goals that Frank McDougall scored. One free kick against Motherwell at Love Street stands out. Hit the ball from around 25-30 yards out high into the net at the East End of the ground.
Or the love street end as everyone else called it [emoji3]

I do remember some of the goals that Frank McDougall scored. One free kick against Motherwell at Love Street stands out. Hit the ball from around 25-30 yards out high into the net at the East End of the ground.

Zico!

Don’t think anyone has mentioned this one yet.

Remember a game at Swinecastle in the 80s. McAvennie had been getting grief from the Hearts support, “who the fcuk are you”

Saints get a free kick 30 yards out. Up steps Gardner Speirs.

Bang, rifled into the net.

Maca runs over to the Hearts support and gives them a big “get it right up ye”

1-0 victory I think

Ian Scanlon 40 yarder V Celtic when we were 2.0 down came back and won 4.2
Amazing goal great result.

2-0 down after 20 mins, we were 3-2 up by half time.

Part of an amazing run of results just after Alex Miller took charge.

We started with a 3-0 win over Rangers, then 4-2 against Celtic, then 4-0 against reigning Champions Dundee United (who reached the European Cup Semi Final) and topped off with a 2-0 win over Hibs.

• 1 year later...

John Hewitt in a 2-1 win over Killie.The build up to the goal involved something like 16 passes without a Killie player touching the ball before Hewitt finished it off in style.Not sure if there were highlights but I’d love to see again.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1992&GameID=199304240

John Hewitt in a 2-1 win over Killie.The build up to the goal involved something like 16 passes without a Killie player touching the ball before Hewitt finished it off in style.Not sure if there were highlights but I’d love to see again.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1992&GameID=199304240

It was not that game HSS.

8 hours ago, HSS said:

Think that was against Falkirk , also think there is footage of it somewhere.  John Hewitt was excellent for us , far better than I thought he would be.

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Surprised there are so few (maybe just one?) mentions of Ian Ferguson's Cup winning goal in a dire match it was a cracking goal - did he do something to upset us?

Yardley's opener in title winning 3-0 vs Raith (99/00) was a cracker IIRC.

That occurred to me.......................I might add ANY of the 3 goals in the League Cup final. 

Best goal for us I've ever witnessed live in terms of pure quality (and not the emotion tied to it) is either Yardley vs Morton in 2003, Carey vs Hearts in 2013 or Mallan vs Raith Rovers in 2017. All three have been spoken of on this thread.

Goals against us, though three really spring to mind. Zerouali's free kick for Aberdeen in the Scottish cup in 2000, Charlie Adam from inside his own half for Ross County in 2004/05. Though probably the best one (and I don't think there were cameras there that day) was when Hartley scored one for St. Johnstone on the opening day in about 2002 and it was ridiculous. He'd made his run into space and a St. Johnstone player tried a through ball - it was pretty garbage and hit straight towards the back of his legs at about calf height. Hartley though, saw it and backheeled it over his own head and brought it down into his path, leaving 2 defenders dead in the water with one move and finished it brilliantly. 

Hated the wee shit but he was absolutely quality when he was on it.

I witnessed a Mark Yardley goal away to Patrick Thistle, possibly 1996? He was holding the ball with his back to goal and a defender very tight on him, he did two keepy ups, flicked the ball up and over the head of the defender, whilst simultaneously spinning around him and volleying the ball into the top corner from the edge of the box. It was a thing of beauty 

Hmmm. Tommo's goal at Ibrox. Roberson's crazy volley in a league cup game. Carey's goal against Hearts, McGowan's chip in a Renfrewshire cup game against the unwashed. And of course Tommo in the league cup final Mooy's goal against Rangers. So many so many