Best Saints Goal You Have Witnessed

6 hours ago, insaintee said:

Hmmm. Tommo's goal at Ibrox. Roberson's crazy volley in a league cup game. Carey's goal against Hearts, McGowan's chip in a Renfrewshire cup game against the unwashed. And of course Tommo in the league cup final Mooy's goal against Rangers. So many so many 

Aye.

An amazingly competent TEAM goal.

At a very good time in the match.  And to see the wee Buddies support being quite happy about it.  :)

Edited by antrin

33 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Ya f**kin' beauty!  :)

I go to bed - happy.

(which has very little to do with rescuing a bottle of Rosé from the garage fridge that had been lurking in there since last Summer. It was a summery day doon here.  About 19C.  It seemed fitting and the bottle MIGHT have gone off since last summer...  :rolleyes:   It hadn't. )

Edited by antrin

Almost every goal Ally McLeod scored was a thing of beauty As Iain Munro said many years later he just passed the ball into the net from any angleincluding of course the world famous four in one game at Ipox

12 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Ferguson scored a few crackers

His semi-final goal against Hearts

2 goals up at Tannadice

A winning goal against Aberdeen at Love St

My fav his equaliser against Oldco when he finished off a fantastic move

He looked gutted though

That away game at Tannadice was superb , three brilliant goals , Sky Walkers probaby the pick of them . Favourite St Mirren goal has to be Fergies winner at Hampden .As for the best , think it has to be Scans . But often change my mind , which is easy done , we,be seen a few great goals from the Saints over the years.

Back in the early 90's in the Jimmy Bone era I recall John Hewitt sticking the ball in the top corner after 18 passes, what a goal.
I think it was against Kilmarnock.
Big Jon Obika's vs Hearts is fair cheering me up during this Covid 19 crisis though!
John Hewitt in a 2-1 win over Killie.The build up to the goal involved something like 16 passes without a Killie player touching the ball before Hewitt finished it off in style.Not sure if there were highlights but I’d love to see again.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1992&GameID=199304240

Here you are TT [emoji106]

On 4/5/2020 at 3:30 PM, insaintee said:

Hmmm. Tommo's goal at Ibrox. Roberson's crazy volley in a league cup game. Carey's goal against Hearts, McGowan's chip in a Renfrewshire cup game against the unwashed. And of course Tommo in the league cup final Mooy's goal against Rangers. So many so many 

Plated a big part in Oldco's demise, had they won that game they'd have gone 10 points clear at the top. That plus the 2-1 defeat of a 9 man Oldco on Xmas Eve played a substantial part in their demise - Oh, Happy Daze! 

PS - IIRC Mooy's goal in the latter game was pretty good...

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Plated a big part in Oldco's demise, had they won that game they'd have gone 10 points clear at the top. That plus the 2-1 defeat of a 9 man Oldco on Xmas Eve played a substantial part in their demise - Oh, Happy Daze! 

You mean this:

Edited by stlucifer

On 4/14/2020 at 9:46 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Yip, Hunskelping was begun by us. An Mooy's goal, how did I miss that one out.

8th March 1975

Hamilton Academical 0 St Mirren 1

Scorer Donny McDowell 

A very important match 

A much needed win. 

A glorious strike from McDowell. Similar and better than Murray's at Forthbank Stadium. 

On 4/14/2020 at 7:00 PM, stlucifer said:

You mean this:

Really enjoyed watching that again, thank you. 

I had forgotten that the boom and bust bigots had went down to nine men.  I still recall my unbridled joy that a referee finally stood up to "elbows" McCulloch.  Such is the power of football, I recall sporadically bursting into laughter throughout Christmas day and even during dinner.  Laughter of joy.  Not a good look at my age as relatives start to wonder if it's time I was carted off to Sunny Acres as they start falling out over inheritance!  

That game brought joy.  The game/goal that is currently "tickling my testes" and allowing me an enormous feeling of smugness is of course the game that I am naming the

"Cometh the hour cometh the OBIKA"

Just imagine we had lost that game?  Then remember we didn't.  Then laugh at Hearts.  The go have something to eat, then laugh at Hearts again, then laugh at Hearts again indeed.