Best Saints Goal You Have Witnessed

Archie "always a tit" McPherson: "...and the small band of St.Mirren fans celebrate"... there's at least 2,000 of us there!

that was a real fun day. Every 5 mins or so, a Suciide Rebel made a mad dash across no-man's land (and 2 fences") to try and get at us HAHAHAHAHA

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/legend-of-the-iceman.19678038

http://stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1989&GameID=2402

Edited by HSS

Was at games vs Rangers and Hibs, both brilliant goals. Goal vs Motherwell was a cracker too (but can't add it as a contender for me sadly).

Sorry I've not picked my favourite yet, just enjoying trawling through great Saints goals and sharing...

Who missed the penalty in the 2-3 game vs Morton where David Elliot scores the solo effort? Was it Chic Charnley or am I thinking of a 2-3 vs Thistle where he missed a penalty?

Paul mcknoghts winner at Somerset is hard to beat in terms of sheer desperation to win the game and every st mirren fan wishing the ball into the net. Possibly the most euphoric moment watching st mirren!

Great shout. Without doubt a huge highlight. Will never forget that day and that goal.

What I notice in the likes of the gillies clip is the difference in atmosphere compared to now! Maybe it was love st but it seemed to be rocking. I've never seem greenhill rd like that

I suppose every goal means something different to all football fans regardless of where or when they were scored.

There have been some great goals and atmospheres at our new home...Mehmet's penalty vs Celtic in Scottish Cup, any of the 4 vs Celtic (although I missed that with work and was left staring in disbelief at BBC updates of game on computer at work), Aaron Mooy's Christmas Eve spectacular...

I'm not belittling the change with the move but it's up to us to make the atmosphere. Love Street was particularly good for that in the second half attacking the Love Street end with how the North Bank was populated, but I remember plenty drab and dreary days in the 90s...

Edited by Bart Simpson

It wasn't Broonie, though he might have had the same bet on.

80-1 for 3-0 - even if it had been a £1 stake that would have been £81 back (minus the gambling tax back then - was it 10%?) at a time when a pint was probably around the £ mark.

The full money would be handed over if the tax was paid on the original bet. ie. £1.10 or, I think it was 9% so £1.09

Edited by stlucifer

What I notice in the likes of the gillies clip is the difference in atmosphere compared to now! Maybe it was love st but it seemed to be rocking. I've never seem greenhill rd like that

The best atmosphere in the shoeboxes was the opener v Killie because of the occasion, and the stadium-wide chorus of 'Sacked in the morning' during the 4-0 Sellik humping was another great moment in the new midden.

Edited by pozbaird

It wasn't Broonie, though he might have had the same bet on.

80-1 for 3-0 - even if it had been a £1 stake that would have been £81 back (minus the gambling tax back then - was it 10%?) at a time when a pint was probably around the £ mark.

it was Paul Gilligan sadly the ten of us only put 50p each on

Got a few from my short (in comparison) time as a buddy that stick out...

Dargo's turning volley against Hearts (first win at the new stadium)

Higdon scored one against Falkirk from about 30 yard that rattled off the bar and in, remember that being a belter...

However, no goal has - or ever will - feel as sweet as Conor Newton's on 17/3/13