Hibs Offer 51% Ownership To Fans

div

Definitely think that, in an ideal world, SMISA is the vehicle that a proposed fan takeover should be taken forward, but the impression I got was that this was not something SMISA wanted in principle (as opposed to just not having the numbers/time/expertise). If you could allay my fears then I'd definitely sign up.

thanks, wer'e working on it

I would still ask that you, and everyone else, consider joining just now anyway, even without any proposal being in existence for a takeover bid,

if the trust does get several hundred to a thousand members paying just £2 a month it is still providing increased investment in the club and in the development of future players and fans of the club, while providing a true representation of the support allowing a more solid grounds for any proposals to the consortium/board

The fact that there would already a large number of paying members, even at £2 a month, would demonstrate the willingness and commitment to a potential take over bid, it would then be a case at the acceptance of any bid to raise the £2 to the required/agreed amount eg £10. I think this might be more feasible that setting the higher figure from scratch then trying to get people to buy into it

Edited by thewhiteman

No, I don't think they have read it Stuart.

St. Mirren have offered way more than 51% of the shares in the club in the 3 previous share issues.

The fans had the opportunity to buy into the club then - and the club was on its knees at the first share issue.

But every time, the fans ignored the share issues. They just weren't interested.

God knows why anyone thinks this would be any different.

Does it matter if they have or they haven't read the details thoroughly - the two situations are different.

Against the three share issues you mention I'll counter with 10000hours bid which got over 1000 punters ready to pledge £10/month and was knocked back by the Consortium.

I'd prefer a conventional takeover as opposed to a fan buyout, not least because we'd be spared a 100 page thread featuring StuDick and his all encompassing knowledge of everything, but in the event of no-one reaching the lofty standards required by the Consortium and the club remaining unsold it remains an option that could be revisited.

thanks, wer'e working on it

I would still ask that you, and everyone else, consider joining just now anyway, even without any proposal being in existence for a takeover bid,

if the trust does get several hundred to a thousand members paying just £2 a month it is still providing increased investment in the club and in the development of future players and fans of the club, while providing a true representation of the support allowing a more solid grounds for any proposals to the consortium/board

The fact that there would already a large number of paying members, even at £2 a month, would demonstrate the willingness and commitment to a potential take over bid, it would then be a case at the acceptance of any bid to raise the £2 to the required/agreed amount eg £10. I think this might be more feasible that setting the higher figure from scratch then trying to get people to buy into it

Ugh, there you go again, just as I might have joined you put me off again by saying that you're going to blow my money on attempting to increase the value of the consortiums shareholding without demanding shares in return first. :rolleyes:

Ugh, there you go again, just as I might have joined you put me off again by saying that you're going to blow my money on attempting to increase the value of the consortiums shareholding without demanding shares in return first. :rolleyes:

I was going to raise a similar point.

I'm torn on the issue, as I totally understand the desire to raise money and put it into the club, as we all want to see the club being as successful as possible. But also, at this time when the consortium are trying to sell, and they have already rejected a fan takeover, it seems wrong that fans should continue to donate money (and it's not investment unless you get an interest or shareholding back in return) which will serve to increase the value of the shares they are trying to sell.

However, I don't think it'll be a dealbreaker for me, as I think SMISA may be the only group capable or willing to put together any new bid.

You'd think people would 'cotton on' to that.

I've cottoned on to your game.

Nah... Been done. (You even liked it!)

You can repeat the same word ad infinitum, though... on The First Woof thread.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/36806-first-woof/

Though I think that's warped.

Edited by bluto