Transfer Values

The McLeod fee, if accurate at one million, is an interesting benchmark on which to value other Scottish players for sure. I'm not sure how the McLeod valuation would actually affect any deal for McLean or McGinn. I cannot give it serious consideration at the moment as I'm still too busy pishing myself laughing at the Sevco being a selling club to the likes of Brentford. I'll get back to the task once my breeks are fresh & dry.

Edited by pozbaird

Yep but could also say guys like. McKay from hearts. The boy from Falkirk. Even the boy from killie went to Everton all went for at least £400k And barely kicked a ball yet our two McLean And McGinn are top spl players yet we'll still get next to nowt fir tgen

Sell on clauses. That's what we need. If hypothetically, McLean signed for a Norwich, Wigan or Sheffield United type of club, then shone and an EPL club, say Everton or someone, came in with ten million.... then lovely jubbly.

Sell on clauses. That's what we need. If hypothetically, McLean signed for a Norwich, Wigan or Sheffield United type of club, then shone and an EPL club, say Everton or someone, came in with ten million.... then lovely jubbly.

I blame David Longwell!

Signed, Captain Lenny CSX Duke Sensible

Have to say, I was stunned by the figure of £1M for the player. I can't claim to have seen much of him, but that is daft money.

I have seen him play on quite a few occasions.

£1m is a fee that at some point he could be worth easily.Very good young player. I've said he was 'one to watch' very composed, clever , determined etc plays above his years.

McGinn , McLean have been excellent at times , certainly have the ability but need to be more consistent I think to attract a big fee.

Perhaps a change of club will get them to a higher level. Who knows ? but we rarely are able to command a good fee for our players so I'd rather keep them.

Edited by whydowebother

Brentford were purchased by a very rich and successful London business man who applied his city firms business plans to the club.

Since then they've been on the up and up and sit 6th in the championship having been promoted last season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18519031

Certainly seems to be working for them so far.

I have seen him play on quite a few occasions.

£1m is a fee that at some point he could be worth easily.Very good young player. I've said he was 'one to watch' very composed, clever , determined etc plays above his years.

McGinn , McLean have been excellent at times , certainly have the ability but need to be more consistent I think to attract a big fee.

Perhaps a change of club will get them to a higher level. Who knows ? but we rarely are able to command a good fee for our players so I'd rather keep them.

Maybe if Mclean, McGinn etc. were plying their trade in the lower leagues, they might achieve more consistency...........................

We've been unlucky with McLean getting injured before the transfer window twice and we might still get a decent fee at the end of this season. We'll still get a fee for McGinn too then so not all bad. What surprises me is that St.Mirren players and Scotland youth squads McGinn excepted seem not to be in fashion.We had guys in the past but Baird, Mallan and McLear haven't really had a look in these days.

It is a very large transfer fee for a lad that has only ever played in the lower reaches of Scottish football. Brentford are mad! They could sign the likes of McGinn and Mclean for half that. Proven talent at a long established top flight club and both capped several times for U21's.

When Mclean and Mcginn move on surely we will receive a sizeable fee. Hopefully Strachan calls Kenny up to the next Scotland squad. ;-)

Brentford were purchased by a very rich and successful London business man who applied his city firms business plans to the club.

Since then they've been on the up and up and sit 6th in the championship having been promoted last season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18519031

Certainly seems to be working for them so far.

They're hoping to build a new stadium next year altho they're still waiting on final planning permission.

http://www.hounslow.gov.uk/news_mod_home/news_mod_year/news_mod_month/news_mod_show?year1=2013&month1=12&NewsID=59749

Edited by HSS

As someone else has said, compared to others (Hamilton, Dundee Utd etc) we never seem to get the same sort of fees for our young players and I can't help but think it's because other clubs know that - despite our no-debt status - we're never in a position to turn down a decent offer. Or it could be that we haven't produced players of quite the same calibre (to say McCarthy or Macleod). Saying that, McLean has really impressed me of late and I genuinely think he could play in the EPL within a year or two. That leads me to conclude that we shouldn't be accepting any less than say £600k for him. He's a tremendous talent and has all the attributes to be a future international. McGinn it looks like we'll be at the mercy of a tribunal where no doubt we'll get shafted for £200k.

I blame David Longwell!

Indeed. He is the one who should be blamed.

More than 10 years in charge and we've had nothing back on transfer fees.

We have a side packed with his youth players and they are second bottom of a league with Hearts, Rangers & Hibs.

He can't even come up with a striker or a centre half, the really key positions.

Our youth system over the past decade has been a complete disaster.

We need to get shot of Longwell and all his coaches.

ASAP!

We have a side packed with his youth players and they are second bottom of a league with Hearts, Rangers & Hibs.

He can't even come up with a striker or a centre half, the really key positions.

ASAP!

See at midnight tomorrow. Any chance of making your resolution not to be a boring cnut who might get forums banned?

It's an age thing, clubs down south pay money for potential, we're not gonna get much more than £250k for either McGinn or McLean now, hell we couldn't even find anyone willing to pay the development fee for McLean last summer.

The big money item on our books at present is Mallan at 18-y-o!

Edited by Bud the Baker

ASAP!

So Longwell arranges all the contracts, transfer fees, sell-on fees, and tie-ins?

There was me thinking that was down to the the BoD and the General Manager.

Sheesh....shows how out of touch I am.

ASAP!

Ever thought that he maybe thinks you're a bellend?

The Charlie Telfer compensation decision has to be a huge relief and a milestone decision for clubs like ours. Bringing youth players into the first team is a huge measure of success in itself but if a young player then decides to reject a new contract the club needs to be properly compensated or it just breaks the whole business model. I would much rather see our first team full of our own youth players than go up the ICT route of bringing in half a dozen hired guns every year. I was disappointed in Dundee United' approach to this one.

ASAP!

Ha ha lol

Trying too hard now Andy

The bait is well past it's sell by date