Mechelen Fans Over For The Aberdeen Game On 10 January 2015

After some Saints fans visiting Mechelen in 2012, the 25th Anniversary of our Cup Winners Cup games, there are 22 Mechelen boys coming over to Paisley for the Aberdeen game on the 10 January.

They will be in the Court Bar St James Street from about 1pm and after the game too. It would be great if as many as St Mirren fans as possible could pop by and join them for a drink or two and maybe make a wee night of it.

We have asked the club if they could mark the occasion too and at the moment we are just waiting to hear back from them.

The attachment shows a St Mirren scarf displayed in the Mechelen Supporters Bar

Thanks in advance.

post-44-0-98314700-1420033042_thumb.jpeg

We put photos of Mechelen fans into the Final Chapter book when they turned up for a game at Love Street. They came armed with a signed Mechelen shirt for the club. Someone gave CK a shout, and he quickly procured a signed Saints shirt for them. I think he also gave them comps' for the main stand. Hopefully this time the lads can get into the West Stand near the halfway line to be more involved.

Not trying to be funny but more involved with what? The Fans in that section of the west stand?

More involved in any singing and chanting should we be doing well. We won the game they were at before, and while the traditional North Bank singing section was doing their stuff, I could see the group of Mechelen fans across the the main stand joining in. I'm sure they appreciated the comps', but having travelled a long way with banners and scarves, I think they would have liked to have been in our 'traditional' area.

After some Saints fans visiting Mechelen in 2012, the 25th Anniversary of our Cup Winners Cup games, there are 22 Mechelen boys coming over to Paisley for the Aberdeen game on the 10 January.

They will be in the Court Bar St James Street from about 1pm and after the game too. It would be great if as many as St Mirren fans as possible could pop by and join them for a drink or two and maybe make a wee night of it.

We have asked the club if they could mark the occasion too and at the moment we are just waiting to hear back from them.

The attachment shows a St Mirren scarf displayed in the Mechelen Supporters Bar

Thanks in advance.

Um a bit late perhaps but could you ask them to bring a centre-half along? Please!

More involved in any singing and chanting should we be doing well. We won the game they were at before, and while the traditional North Bank singing section was doing their stuff, I could see the group of Mechelen fans across the the main stand joining in. I'm sure they appreciated the comps', but having travelled a long way with banners and scarves, I think they would have liked to have been in our 'traditional' area.

The traditional area has been knocked down.

I doubt they are going to be blown away by the atmosphere in the West Stand. Aberdeen fans should be in good voice mind you.