Stupidest Thing You Have Ever Worn To The Football?

Mr Zo

Just popped out to the bin wearing the wifes jacket that was lying through the back, it wasn't worn for pleasure. ;-) It got me thinking about what is the oddest thing you have ever worn to a football match? Ever worn a women's jacket or anything else a bit odd to the football?

Happy New year everybuddie!:-)

Used to wear a builders safety helmet to games when I was a young lad.It was painted black and white of course.

PS.I wasn't the only one.......honest!!!!

Plenty of them worn in the early 1970's.

Always wanted one but never got it. thumbdown.gif

They would've been handy especially for the New Years Day games with Killie. bangin.gif

Edited by shull

A couple of years ago I wore a full pirate outfit to a game complete with stuffed parrot on shoulder. I had been at my niece's 3rd birthday party which was pirate themed, and as the trousers for the outfit were black and white stripes I elected to keep the outfit on and head directly to the game from my brother's house. :-) From memory it was against Hearts and we won 2-0! :-)

Edited by zurich_allan

Used to wear a builders safety helmet to games when I was a young lad.It was painted black and white of course.

PS.I wasn't the only one.......honest!!!!

Yep , what he said !! My brother worked in the shipyards & managed to get a couple of "spares" with the way bottles rained down in those days , the helmets were an essential part of football wear !!

On reflection, the stupidest thing I've worn to a game was a pair of dress trousers, a dress shirt and a dress jacket in my early teenage years, as I was going our for New Year's Day dinner after the game.

It was a New Year's Day game v's the Soapdodgers down at Crappielow. It was absolutely freezing cold wind and rain, and by the end I'm convinced Hypothermia was not far off.

The only time I've ever been as cold as that at a game, was at Boghead in the 90's, and on that occasion I was relatively prepared for the cold!

I remember trying to hide in the groundsman's hut next to the main stand to escape the Dumbarton version of the Mistral.

A couple of years ago I wore a full pirate outfit to a game complete with stuffed parrot on shoulder. I had been at my niece's 3rd birthday party which was pirate themed, and as the trousers for the outfit were black and white stripes I elected to keep the outfit on and head directly to the game from my brother's house. :-) From memory it was against Hearts and we won 2-0! :-)

My mates and I saw you thumbup2.gif

Just popped out to the bin wearing the wifes jacket that was LYING THROUGH THE BACK TEETH , it wasn't worn for pleasure. ;-) It got me thinking about what is the oddest thing you have ever worn to a football match? Ever worn a women's jacket or anything else a bit odd to the football?

Happy New year everybuddie!:-)

Now , are you suggesting that wearing your good ladies attire is a one off and stops at just a jacket :P