Transfer News

Hmm....

This guy plays in a league that features two clubs from Ossett (Albion and Town).

Ossett? I hear you call. And well you might. Ossett has a population of 21,000. Oh, and just to be clear....the league in question is the home of both Ossett clubs.

This takes the concept of signing lower league Enlgish players to a new level, no? Froggie would be pleased.....ribbit!

http://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/harrogate-railway-striker-malachi-farquharson-catches-st-mirren-attention-1-7039899

I assumed this was a total wind-up until I saw that link earlier. Incredible. They play in the league below Blyth Spartans, who even Callum Ball scored against in the summer, but at least they're above Whitley Bay. That's about three or four levels below the one at which Marwood scored a fair number.

Shame - slightly amusing name.

Malachi Farquarson has been up for a 2 day trial. Harrogate Railway striker, he's scored 13 goals since his return from injury in October. [incidentally, Cartman, his co-striker at HR., has hit the net 36 times this season (incl 5 pens).]

My son is friends with his co/striker.

He's actually on bradford city's books but out on loan.

Adam baker is on decent money at bradford and is only on loan for game time.

He's at our gym in Cookridge (leeds) shall I see if he fancies a shot at Saints ?

Hmm....

This guy plays in a league that features two clubs from Ossett (Albion and Town).

Ossett? I hear you call. And well you might. Ossett has a population of 21,000. Oh, and just to be clear....the league in question is the home of both Ossett clubs.

This takes the concept of signing lower league Enlgish players to a new level, no? Froggie would be pleased.....ribbit!

http://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/harrogate-railway-striker-malachi-farquharson-catches-st-mirren-attention-1-7039899

Tut tut , my office is in Ossett :P

Not a lot to it really , basic wee town centre just off the M1

However , some decent players in that league , a few guys if given a chance that would bust a gut to make a name for themselves.

I think our junior leagues in Scotland must have a few hidden gems ?

Plummer,Drury,Caldwell.Thats 3 in my book.More going as well.I,m pretty sure that there are players coming in.The difference this time is that it will be the right players.

A bit of a statement there big man giving our record in the last 2 seasons

Add Declan Hughes to your total and to be honest i would have kept him