My New Years Day Football Experience

I have been out the country recently so haven't made it to many games this season (lucky me by the sounds of things) but i was back and looking forward to the big New years game.

However part of the experience was walking up Murray street avoiding what can only be described as (most likely human) faeces. Although this is not directly owned by St Mirren this is still the main road for parking and walking to the ground and it as an absolute disaster. There should be a clean up of this road organised by the board. Let's up the standards here folks.

After avoiding the aforementioned faecal matter we then got to the ticket office. £40 for me and my dad to sit in the family stand, ridiculous pricing!!! When we got to our seats we then discovered that the back of the seats in front were covered in mud....well worth the £40.

Then the 'team' puts on such a terrible performance as they did. Not just St Mirren but Kilmarnock also, not one decent professional footballer among them.

The club have shown no ambition whatsoever and a small team from Inverness with half the attendance we get is lording above us. The team is dreadful with no fight or desire and even less ability, the stadium is awful with not a decent view in the place and there is not atmosphere at all.

I hope we get relegated, its no more than we deserve.

Thanks for 05/06 St Mirren but its been no very good since and I shan't be back.

I have been out the country recently so haven't made it to many games this season (lucky me by the sounds of things) but i was back and looking forward to the big New years game.

However part of the experience was walking up Murray street avoiding what can only be described as (most likely human) faeces. Although this is not directly owned by St Mirren this is still the main road for parking and walking to the ground and it as an absolute disaster. There should be a clean up of this road organised by the board. Let's up the standards here folks.

After avoiding the aforementioned faecal matter we then got to the ticket office. £40 for me and my dad to sit in the family stand, ridiculous pricing!!! When we got to our seats we then discovered that the back of the seats in front were covered in mud....well worth the £40.

Then the 'team' puts on such a terrible performance as they did. Not just St Mirren but Kilmarnock also, not one decent professional footballer among them.

The club have shown no ambition whatsoever and a small team from Inverness with half the attendance we get is lording above us. The team is dreadful with no fight or desire and even less ability, the stadium is awful with not a decent view in the place and there is not atmosphere at all.

Thanks for 05/06 St Mirren but its been no very good since and I shan't be back.

A clean up of an adjacent road organised by the board?????

Imagine going to the football when it has been pissing down for 24 hours then pissing down all through the game expecting to see a classic. Not a chance.

We are one of the cheapest grounds to get into.

Murray Street , how inconsiderate of the board not to have all stewards walk around the ground in a 2 mile radius looking for faeces human or animal , shite is shite after all.

Board have provided safe parking within the stadium outwith that it's your problem mate.

Yes Murray Street is just a foretaste of what is on offer at Greenhill Road!

This is an accident waiting to happen on Murray Street. I have witnessed on several occasions fans choosing to walk on the badly lit road to avoid the muck and puddles on the pavement. What a great advert for Paisley and St Mirren.

Yes Murray Street is just a foretaste of what is on offer at Greenhill Road!

This is an accident waiting to happen on Murray Street. I have witnessed on several occasions fans choosing to walk on the badly lit road to avoid the muck and puddles on the pavement. What a great advert for Paisley and St Mirren.

Hardly the clubs fault. The manky seats should be cleaned as many pointed out on another thread but to ask them to clean the streets ? Seriously ?

Just a thought , does the OP regularly get his brush out to sweep the streets surrounding his house ?

True, it's not the clubs job to do it, but if I owned a business of any sort and a dug shat on the pavement outside I would clean it up if the council didn't.

Yeah fair enough but Murray street is 1/4 mile long & the whole place is a f**kin shithole. How far down would you have them clean ?

& surely there are enough businesses on Murray street itself to clean up dug shit !!

And Twenty Quid is an absolute disgraceful price for the shite that is served up on the pitches throughout Scottish Football.

Let's begin with a fiver .............

Edited by shull

Yeah fair enough but Murray street is 1/4 mile long & the whole place is a f**kin shithole. How far down would you have them clean ?

& surely there are enough businesses on Murray street itself to clean up dug shit !!

Nobody is suggesting it is St Mirren's responsibility to clean up the mess but if Murray Street is owned by Renfrewshire Council it would be money well spent if they were to resurface the pavement and in this way present a better image of Paisley to the thousands of visiting fans who negotiate this pavement each year.

But then does anyone care enough?

Hopefully it will not require a fatal accident before anything is done about it.

Nobody is suggesting it is St Mirren's responsibility to clean up the mess but if Murray Street is owned by Renfrewshire Council it would be money well spent if they were to resurface the pavement and in this way present a better image of Paisley to the thousands of visiting fans who negotiate this pavement each year.

But then does anyone care enough?

Hopefully it will not require a fatal accident before anything is done about it.

Yes they were . The OP. "There should be a clean up of this road organised by the board."

We could debate this aw night, the point is the whole experience of going to watch our team, from the walk in, to trying to squeeze a thousand or so fans out a gate the width of a double door when there is a huge gate next to it, is shit! That includes everything in between, the atmosphere, the football on show, the lack of passion and flair from players up to board room. And then there is the stuff the club can't control, the pricing (clubs are forced into it due to high wage bill n running costs in football), poor officiating, dreadful and archaic statutes ( my three n six year old got there fruit shoots whipped off them) and awful fixture arrangements! This could go on a while.......

You`ve sat in every seat then I take it![/quote

What a pile of utter dug shite this is. Would you have posted this if we had played well and won the match ?

There was a sketch done on the" only an excuse" comedy and although it was presumably to raise a laugh it was more hard hitting than that. A one off public sporting event in Glasgow where the boat was pushed out that far for the fans that the coastguard were almost called in yet when Saturday comes and the local football fans turn up with their hard earned cash we get treated like shite.

There's a lot of things need sorted out in football if clubs expect us to part with a substantial part of our income and it needs to be addressed. I agree with the OP in a lot of respects but the team is only as good as the manager that signed them.

We could debate this aw night, the point is the whole experience of going to watch our team, from the walk in, to trying to squeeze a thousand or so fans out a gate the width of a double door when there is a huge gate next to it, is shit! That includes everything in between, the atmosphere, the football on show, the lack of passion and flair from players up to board room. And then there is the stuff the club can't control, the pricing (clubs are forced into it due to high wage bill n running costs in football), poor officiating, dreadful and archaic statutes ( my three n six year old got there fruit shoots whipped off them) and awful fixture arrangements! This could go on a while.......

The petty rules and their enforcement is a nonsense. By all means stop eejits from taking in items that could be used as missiles, but a soft sided drinks bottle for a wean? FFS, they need to get a grip.