Kenny Mclean

I reckon McLean will receive a good reception when he returns to play against us. He's done nothing bar take a good opportunity given to him.

Hope he does really well, except in games against us, when I hope he's utter shite and gets substituted for their new sheep mascot.

Good post- He was akin to Charlie Adam, whose career kinda of exploded after us

If you remember, Charlie joined us as an unfit laddie with a fat arse and a tendency to spit the dummy igf things weren't going his way. Andy Millen then got to work on him, and he came on leaps and bounds. I think you do Saints a wee bit of an injustive here, I think he came on leaps and bounds because of us, to a fair degree.

If you remember, Charlie joined us as an unfit laddie with a fat arse and a tendency to spit the dummy igf things weren't going his way. Andy Millen then got to work on him, and he came on leaps and bounds. I think you do Saints a wee bit of an injustive here, I think he came on leaps and bounds because of us, to a fair degree.

Great wee player for us - if only he hadn't wandered away from guarding the post in that Gretna away cup game though. Grrrrr. etc...

ETA: I listened to Ronnie McDonald giving it all the chat about the lad Hendrie as I sat in traffic while heading over for the United game a couple of weeks back. Now there's an operator. You'd have thought he was sitting on the key to immortality the way he was talking up the player. All this shite about him not caring if he ever heard from West Ham again was simply another way of suggesting that they had plenty of other options on the table (they probably didn't!), and that they knew they would get their payday for the lad from one club or another. It was laughable stuff, but pretty damn slick for all that.

How much did Accies get for Hendrie? The lad signed a pre contract so all they were due was a developement fee. Are you saying they got the 2 mill they thought they had banked?

I reckon McLean will receive a good reception when he returns to play against us. He's done nothing bar take a good opportunity given to him.

Hope he does really well, except in games against us, when I hope he's utter shite and gets substituted for their new sheep mascot.

Agreed.

I loved to watch him turn it on and will miss that (a wee drop of the shoulder and away he went....). Hopefully, the likes of Mallan and maybe one of the new lads can now fulfill that need to be entertained.

Kenny doesn't owe us anything, and I wish him all the best. He's been a class act for the most part.

How much did Accies get for Hendrie? The lad signed a pre contract so all they were due was a developement fee. Are you saying they got the 2 mill they thought they had banked?

My mistake - I assumed they had received a fee and he'd left Accies. Apologies, strike it from the minute in that case.

Yeah, he played for Rangers - big deal. Does that tarnish Fergie's cup winning heroics in 1987 or Broadfoot's superb leadership after signing a pre-contract with them?

Naw.

It was a joke.

Fergie is a legend and would be a Wall Guarder also.

I am sorry we did not get a lot more for Kenny. I wish we had. And I can understand why other clubs make more money as Drew is right in that they have great PR. SMFC do not know what PR stands for. However Andreu and Hendrie have been consistent even if it has only been for 5 months so anyone watching the player can see what they are getting. With Kenny there had always been an element of the unknown. If he had shown recent form 2 years ago I am sure we would have got a lot more for him then. Kenny always frustrated me as I could see he had talent but I hated his world-cup passes and shots from 40 yards straight out the ground. And I also thought that Danny and TC should have played him further forward but for the last two years McGowan played that role to a lesser effect than Kenny would have in my opinion. I loved watching him under Tealey.

But it is water under the bridge now. McLean has gone and I wish him the best.

time to draw a line in the sand hes gone money in the bank

many

more games to fight for ,when we get new owners hopefully every department in club will be improved on and off pitch

only hope we have now is if we stick together ,

end of season is the time that we can dissect season see were we are

so come on gary keep up the good work

time to draw a line in the sand hes gone money in the bank

many

more games to fight for ,when we get new owners hopefully every department in club will be improved on and off pitch

only hope we have now is if we stick together ,

end of season is the time that we can dissect season see were we are

so come on gary keep up the good work

Spot on, he's moved on time we all did.

Mods close this thead down.

They got £1 million. Sold to West Ham then loaned back til the end of the season, which also happens to be the end of his contract. Quite incredible deal.

I am sorry we did not get a lot more for Kenny. I wish we had. And I can understand why other clubs make more money as Drew is right in that they have great PR. SMFC do not know what PR stands for. However Andreu and Hendrie have been consistent even if it has only been for 5 months so anyone watching the player can see what they are getting. With Kenny there had always been an element of the unknown. If he had shown recent form 2 years ago I am sure we would have got a lot more for him then. Kenny always frustrated me as I could see he had talent but I hated his world-cup passes and shots from 40 yards straight out the ground. And I also thought that Danny and TC should have played him further forward but for the last two years McGowan played that role to a lesser effect than Kenny would have in my opinion. I loved watching him under Tealey.

But it is water under the bridge now. McLean has gone and I wish him the best.

I think they think it's the first two letters of Collum's name.

And who's to say they're wrong?

They got £1 million. Sold to West Ham then loaned back til the end of the season, which also happens to be the end of his contract. Quite incredible deal.

If this is true it says more about WH's stupidity than Accies nuance. The exact same result as signing the lad for a development fee?

Somebody down Lahndan way has been at the medicine cabinet methinks!

If this is true it says more about WH's stupidity than Accies nuance. The exact same result as signing the lad for a development fee?

Somebody down Lahndan way has been at the medicine cabinet methinks!

It's a great example of premier league money madness. It will all crash...

WHU, much as I like them, are chucking money away having learnt little, it seems, from their flirt with the Icelandic bankers. Yes, Bankers.

They've spent time and energy and money developing Kieran Sadlier into the fabulous talent GT has now secured, and just let him walk.

It's a mad "business".