Kenny Mclean

Army Of Ewen, on 22 Jan 2015 - 09:10, said:The Daily Record gave Kenny a 7 for last night's game but gave Armstrong an 8! Don't think their reporter was watching the same game as the rest of us!

snapback.png

The Daily Record gave Kenny a 7 for last night's game but gave Armstrong an 8! Don't think their reporter was watching the game

FIFY

The Daily Record gave Kenny a 7 for last night's game but gave Armstrong an 8! Don't think their reporter was at the Game !!!

That's better...lol.gif

Hibs lost £800,000 through being relegatad so if we were to stay up Kenny,s worth cannot be calculated.All i do know is that we need him for the moment and that he should be sold in the summer.He deserves his chance at a higher level and it would give us the close season to bring in a replacement/replacements.

Kenny is a smashing player, his goal last night confirmed as much. I believe he IS playing at the highest level BTW, how much higher can he go, we are in the top league (for now)He just needs to up his goal tally, he ought to have had a hat trick last night.

A sad loss if he goes and the scrooges who run the club wont spend any monies received on replacements.

Thought his goal tonight was excellent, but a little concerned about GT's interview on BT Sports. He said he couldn't understand why we still had Kenny, although he wasn't complaining. I think we need to try and hold onto him until the summer and allow the younger lads a little more time. If we play like we did tonight and can keep Kenny until the summer I think we'll stay up and then Kenny can get the move he deserves.

Sorry I cannot accept our interim Manager saying McLean should be gone on to bigger things by now on Sky or in press.... ok we all know the lad will move on etc, but as Saints manager you down play it at this stage especially when we are in a dog fight !...can you imagine Fergie coming away with that naive crap?

Bottom line shows G T is still very much in learn mode ....as a real Manager ....but seems to be getting more as a coach than the tit! Mind you so good most of us ! Worst Manager ever?

Like it or not, we are a selling club. The reason we haven't been getting big transfer fee's like Hamilton or Dundee utd is because all our recent managers haven't been saying things like what GT said last night.

Saying things like that will only bring attention to Kenny and that is our clubs business plan. We should be using our youth system to bring in decent transfer fee's, not allowing contracts to run out and have them leave for nothing. I know he is playing great and nobody wants him to go, but right now is the time when we will get maximum price for him.

Do you guys think we should wait til he is playing pish and has got 6 months left on his contract?

We should publicly 'slap a price tag on his head', to use the tabloid parlance. Gilmour should get out there and tell the football world that anybody interested in Kenny, will have to speak to the new owners. In case there's any club down south that hasn't heard of him, they's then be looking, going, shit, who's this guy that St Mirren won't sell? Maybe we should look at him before someone else does. They'll look at him on Youtube, ask around, everyone will confirm he's great, then they'll send a scout, he'll stand out, as he does in every game, and we're laughing.

We bang on elsewhere about how well Hamilton PR their own players - we should be doing the same. Instead, we sit about wringing our hands while players wind their contracts down or we get a derisory bid that we feel obliged to accept because there's no other interest.

Sorted whistling.gif

APPARENTLY, Preston North End are preparing a bid for St Mirren’s burgeoning goal-bagger Kenny McLean.

From the Scotsman today not sure if it has been posted yet

From Todays Scotsman not sure if anyone has posted it yet

Preston North End are preparing a bid for Kenny

Yes, twice.

Kenny is a smashing player, his goal last night confirmed as much. I believe he IS playing at the highest level BTW, how much higher can he go, we are in the top league (for now)He just needs to up his goal tally, he ought to have had a hat trick last night.

A sad loss if he goes and the scrooges who run the club wont spend any monies received on replacements.

What do you think they'll do with the money.

Fans!

Itll be interesting to see how this turns out - looks to me like the player is holding all the cards!

offtopic.gifofftopic.gifofftopic.gif

Going back off topic - we took a detour onto Stephen Hendrie's proposed £2M transfer to West Ham which is now off with Accies chairman Ronald McDonald being a bit huffy about it all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30929174

Just a thought. .what are the chances of us selling Mclean / mallan / Mcginn (still get some sort of development fee) in the summer for say £1.2 million to English club(s) then St Mirren FC use this money to buy out the consortium / 75% shares being talked about then donate the club to SMISA /fans group with some sort of longterm pledge to do the best for St Mirren FC.

Pie in the sky stuff but it is unbelievable to think that a young inexperienced Hamilton left back is being touted as worth almost twice as much as our beloved club including training ground, stadium etc.

Just a thought. .what are the chances of us selling Mclean / mallan / Mcginn (still get some sort of development fee) in the summer for say £1.2 million to English club(s) then St Mirren FC use this money to buy out the consortium / 75% shares being talked about then donate the club to SMISA /fans group with some sort of longterm pledge to do the best for St Mirren FC.

Pie in the sky stuff but it is unbelievable to think that a young inexperienced Hamilton left back is being touted as worth almost twice as much as our beloved club including training ground, stadium etc.

The only club talking about Hendrie being worth £2m are Hamilton Accies. Crystal Palace were going to bid for him and then changed their manager, interest over. West Ham said they were interested, Accies say a £2m fee was talked about and the deal was due to be formalised and completed on 1st January and West Ham haven't been in touch since... probably because Hendrie has 6 months left on his contract and can be had on a pre-contract for a development fee at a fraction of the £2m transfer fee. Accies were the ones who leaked the news of the £2m bid and then came out a few days afterwards and said the move had fallen through. Maybe they are hoping someone else will come in with a £1-2m offer for him?

I agree with DOP. I reckon Hamilton are just good at marketing. Something we could learn about. I must say I have never even noticed Hendrie when we have played them and never heard rave reviews about him from any pundit during a game. I reckon Hamilton are flying a kite to see who may be daft enough to buy the lad at a huge pricetag.

I agree with DOP. I reckon Hamilton are just good at marketing. Something we could learn about. I must say I have never even noticed Hendrie when we have played them and never heard rave reviews about him from any pundit during a game. I reckon Hamilton are flying a kite to see who may be daft enough to buy the lad at a huge pricetag.

I think they have a good reputation off the back of McCarthy and McCarthurs success, so most top clubs down south will be keeping tabs on their latest youths debelopments. Hamilton wont sell for pennies for players under contract, its as simple as that. As much as they are a selling club, they are doing pretty well financially and will not under sell.

Kenny should never leave for any level other than the English Championship or hate to say it a Scottish Premiership team that is bigger than us. Really starting to fulfill his potential this season.

On another note DL seen the potential where Gus was wanting to release him. Where would he be now without that decision

Can we just put to bed the fan ownership model please? I was up for it at the time, looking back I wasn't to disappointed it never worked out. Personally don't think we have a large enough core support to operate such a movement.

huh.png