Kenny Mclean

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Any business model relying on money from transferring employees isn't a business worth having.

Clubs nurture talent because they have no choice. Where else are they going to get players from?

Hows the weather in cloud cuckoo land this morning?

Oaky :lol:

£400k? Chuck in Newton and Broadfoot and we might think for a few minutes before saying no.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we accept a bid of £400k though. Things are getting positive again on here so we need something to burst that bubble.

What's Kenny's contract situation? Did he not only sign a 1 year deal, or did the club have a year's option? If he was going to England could we not get a slightly smaller fee but have him come back on loan until the end of the season? They get their man and we still have a fighting chance...

What's Kenny's contract situation? Did he not only sign a 1 year deal, or did the club have a year's option? If he was going to England could we not get a slightly smaller fee but have him come back on loan until the end of the season? They get their man and we still have a fighting chance...

He signed a 2 year deal in the summer, he has 18 months to go.

When that expires he can leave for nothing as he will be 24. At this point next season he could have signed a pre contract with another club.

He signed a 2 year deal in the summer, he has 18 months to go.

When that expires he can leave for nothing as he will be 24. At this point next season he could have signed a pre contract with another club.

Ahh, thought he'd only signed a 1 year deal. We should definitely be looking for more than 400k for him.

Keep kenny and we have a good chance to stay up. Sell him and we will definitely go down. That's how big this is we just cannot afford o let him go. I would also say 400k is an insult considering the cash Falkirk got for mcandless and the fee rangers got for macloed. Kenny is worth every bit as much as a dundee United player would be. Realistically tho we shouldn't sell for under 1m

Keep kenny and we have a good chance to stay up. Sell him and we will definitely go down. That's how big this is we just cannot afford o let him go. I would also say 400k is an insult considering the cash Falkirk got for mcandless and the fee rangers got for macloed. Kenny is worth every bit as much as a dundee United player would be. Realistically tho we shouldn't sell for under 1m

Can't disagree on that one but the problem we have is that Kenny has a year to go on his deal, effectively six months when he can sign a pre contract this time next year. I think if Rotherham offer £400,000 the BOD will take it.

Kenny will leave us in the summer at some point, when a club offers enough to trigger his release clause.

Having reached double figures in goals, with several match winning performances to keep Saints in the premiership, his stock will have risen considerably.

The initial bid will spark a bidding war, which will culminate in a £1 million offer from a championship club being accepted.whistling.gif

Just watching Swansea and I see the former Falkirk player Fulton starting his first EPL match.I have no doubt Kenny is well capable in playing at this level.If he keeps up his present form then we should get £1million at the end of the season at the very minimum in my opinion.i really do rate Kenny that good.

Am I wrong?

Show me a list of all those big money transfers clubs like Annan, Stranraer, Berwick, Albion, St Mirren, Dundee, etc have made over the last 20 years to show me I'm wrong.

Of course, by listing a few very small clubs plus 2 with dreadful youth policies he is hardly going to come up with many.

But if you had named clubs with good youth systems, like Dundee United, Hamilton & Falkirk then he may have a chance.