Kenny Mclean

Kenny has turned into a leader for us, wants to take the ball all the time and take responsibility, such an intelligent player.

Please don't sell him this window.

I actually think this relegation dogfight , and the fact that we have a huge amount of inexperience in the team have highlighted aspects of Kenny,s game that we didn,t know about this time last year , but for a young player he is taking a huge amount of responsibility and showing tremendous leadership skills , and playing exceptionally well , which is quite impressive in a team which is struggling .

Also think GT plans to keep Kenny until the end of the season , before moving him on .

My opinion and respect for Kenny McLean as a player have improved hugely in the last six weeks , and I,ve always rated him , but think this relegation battle is bringing the best out of him .

Of course every player in Scotland is for sale, and if the right bid comes in from England they will be gone. Kenny is no different. I would want at least 500k upfront plus add ons and incentives.

He should be playing at a higher level, he's becoming too good for us. He's our best player virtually every game.

I actually think this relegation dogfight , and the fact that we have a huge amount of inexperience in the team have highlighted aspects of Kenny,s game that we didn,t know about this time last year , but for a young player he is taking a huge amount of responsibility and showing tremendous leadership skills , and playing exceptionally well , which is quite impressive in a team which is struggling .

Also think GT plans to keep Kenny until the end of the season , before moving him on .

My opinion and respect for Kenny McLean as a player have improved hugely in the last six weeks , and I,ve always rated him , but think this relegation battle is bringing the best out of him .

One of the biggest factors for me is that I reckon Teale believes in him and is trusting him with responsibility. Kenny is responding.

It has always pained me to see the "constructive criticism " of the lad on here... he was constrained by our tactics and despite that still putting in decent performances.

Like any young player he will have periods of poor form... but that is where we as supporters must play our part and help all our youngsters through it.

Kenny is the real deal.

I was mocked for daring to mention him and Charlie Adam in the same breath... I still genuinely believe Kenny has the potential to achieve more in the game... to do a "Lambert"!

kenny playing well when mcginn playing in tandem with him seem to know each others game ,

same as lambert and cameron when both in the team played as one

can still see someone putting a bid in for both off them

then we would be up shite creek

But the Lambert we had and the European medal winning one were different players yet the same!

Additional coaching and a different style of football when surrounded by class players brought out the best in Lambert.

I knew Paul was a good young player with potential. I was sure he would shine when we dropped to the first division... he was lost... useless.

Wrong league... wrong surroundings.

At present, Kenny still has a stage where he can continue his growth and shine... he is capable and is stepping up to the mark.

I'm excited about what the lad can achieve in the game if he gets and follows the right advice.

Kenny has been exceptional and one of the only shining lights this season.

However he still has a lot to learn and is far from the finished article. He's no longer a young boy in football terms and sometimes his decision making is off such as at Dingwall when he should've squared it to arquin. Then tonight he really should've had a hat trick but he snatched at 2 different chances.

Yes he's our best player by a long way and is very talented but lets keep his feet on the ground, he has quite a few things still to learn I'd he wants to reach the heights I'm sure we'd all like him to

I suppose with how well he's playing at the moment even with these extra parts to his game he has to improve on, it shows you how good he could become with some proper guidance

Edited by Big Yards

Sorry I cannot accept our interim Manager saying McLean should be gone on to bigger things by now on Sky or in press.... ok we all know the lad will move on etc, but as Saints manager you down play it at this stage especially when we are in a dog fight !...can you imagine Fergie coming away with that naive crap?

Bottom line shows G T is still very much in learn mode ....as a real Manager ....but seems to be getting more as a coach than the tit! Mind you so good most of us ! Worst Manager ever?

Think you might find he's trying to stir up interest from more clubs. Kenny can do a lot better than Fleetwood. The more clubs the higher the fee and no less than pre-contract, end of season. We need him for the remainder of this season.

From BBC site....

McLean, like his United counterparts, has been subject of transfer speculation and Fleetwood Town's attempts to sign the midfielder have thus far failed.

"He's a talented footballer and for me it's only a matter of time before he does go," said Buddies caretaker manager Gary Teale. "I just hope for my own sake it is not until the summer.

"He should be aiming at the Championship. I've played down there and for me he could walk into any of the sides in that division."

If we go down, he'll probably be worth less. So, does the BoD gamble?

No, they are shite when it comes to taking a punt (see Tommy Craig).

Mclean shouldn't be sold just now for less than a million quid (plus sell-off clauses), with the lion's share going back into the squad given the huge hole he'd leave behind.

So.... back to the sale. Just how that might influence any potential sale of the player is anyone's guess.

We should publicly 'slap a price tag on his head', to use the tabloid parlance. Gilmour should get out there and tell the football world that anybody interested in Kenny would need to start the bidding at £1m. In case there's any club down south that hasn't heard of him, they's then be looking, going, shit, who's this guy that St Mirren won't sell? Maybe we should look at him before someone else does. They'll look at him on Youtube, ask around, everyone will confirm he's great, then they'll send a scout, he'll stand out, as he does in every game, and we're laughing.

We bang on elsewhere about how well Hamilton PR their own players - we should be doing the same. Instead, we sit about wringing our hands while players wind their contracts down or we get a derisory bid that we feel obliged to accept because there's no other interest.

Brilliant watching that last night, although wouldn't have been as funny if Ciftci had then bagged a winner!

Another great moment was when United appealed for handball. The replay showed it wasn't but Goodwin walked in front of the United fans with a big grin on his face moving his hand about as if it was sore from the ball hitting it thumbup2.gif

McLean's talent has been there to see from the moment he broke into the first team, the reason he's begun to shine week in, week out for us, is the improvement in his work rate. He puts in a proper shift now, for the full 90 minutes, every time he plays. His game on the ball, going forward has always been good, but in the last few weeks, he's been everywhere, winning headers, making interceptions, going for 50/50s. It's not what his career is going to be built on, but it's making him a far more rounded player, much more valuable player. He plays more or less box to box now, and it's great to see.

It'd be easy enough for him to cruise through to the end of the season, knowing he'd probably get a decent enough move regardless of how he plays, but no, he's giving everything he has for the cause, every game.

Mclean has really stepped up since Teale took over, he's carried us at time especially when we have went down to 10 men. His workrate has doubled, he was chasing everything in their half last night from out wide to the goalkeeper and it nearly paid off a couple of times. At one point Naismith had abandoned his post to gallop upfield and couldn't get back in time leaving his man wide open.. Mclean was first back to cover him and that was late in the game.

I'm not buying this stepping up and workrate argument. Kenny is now being utilised in a manner that accentuates his strengths, and is playing alongside others who understand his game.

I have already referred to his late season form under Lennon last term. It has always been there, and I haven't questioned his attitude for the most part as others have seemed quick to do in the past.

Occasionally he berates others when he is at fault, but that's no big deal when balanced against what he contributes. I can live with his idiosyncrasies given what a pleasure he is to watch.

Edited by Drew

Kenny is now playing where he should always have been playing - forward. He loves two things - taking men on and shooting. There is no point in having these outstanding skills and playing in front of a back four. Further up the park he can do what he enjoys for the full 90 mins and in an area where he has a substantial impact. Keep him up there!

We should publicly 'slap a price tag on his head', to use the tabloid parlance. Gilmour should get out there and tell the football world that anybody interested in Kenny would need to start the bidding at £1m. In case there's any club down south that hasn't heard of him, they's then be looking, going, shit, who's this guy that St Mirren won't sell? Maybe we should look at him before someone else does. They'll look at him on Youtube, ask around, everyone will confirm he's great, then they'll send a scout, he'll stand out, as he does in every game, and we're laughing.

We bang on elsewhere about how well Hamilton PR their own players - we should be doing the same. Instead, we sit about wringing our hands while players wind their contracts down or we get a derisory bid that we feel obliged to accept because there's no other interest.

Who is this Gilmour guy? Haven't heard much from him down Greenhill Road way.