Saints V League Leaders

pozbaird

Didn't stop that bell end Richard Gordon referring to the "2500 dons fans in the away end", as he made comment on the probability of a clean sheet on the radio during injury time.<_<

Maybe he'd borrowed the Seville calculator.

It's bad enough being crap just now but listening to Richard Gordon and Willie Miller loving it is beyond painful.

Jim Goodwin has had a lot of stick recently (and quite rightly so) but today with the bobbin screwed on tightly he was a class act. If only he could perform to that level every week (and remember most fans think midfield is his best position). Naismith and Kelly played to a good level but I felt they were giving the Dons' wide men too much room to cross and this contributed to the 2 goals today. Were they playing to tactics laid down? This seems to be a common weakness in our defence, week in week out. Tess looked solid in central defence - it was only his distribution that let him down. Ridgers would be the first to admit his liability at the first goal but I think overall he has done well since he came into the first team. Our midfield competed well against a strong and talented Dons midfield. However Mallon and McLear are a work in progress and we should not expect too much too soon. I thought Osbourne was our best performer in midfield with the classy McGinn slightly off the boil at the moment. McLean did his best but he is not a striker and we miss him in midfield. Although Wylde possibly felt he had something to prove today - he failed to do so - probably because he is not properly match fit.

So as I said in an earlier post - with 3 or 4 good signings in the January transfer window (and with Thommo back and fit), we could still avoid the drop.

Jim Goodwin has had a lot of stick recently (and quite rightly so) but today with the bobbin screwed on tightly he was a class act. If only he could perform to that level every week (and remember most fans think midfield is his best position). Naismith and Kelly played to a good level but I felt they were giving the Dons' wide men too much room to cross and this contributed to the 2 goals today. Were they playing to tactics laid down? This seems to be a common weakness in our defence, week in week out. Tess looked solid in central defence - it was only his distribution that let him down. Ridgers would be the first to admit his liability at the first goal but I think overall he has done well since he came into the first team. Our midfield competed well against a strong and talented Dons midfield. However Mallon and McLear are a work in progress and we should not expect too much too soon. I thought Osbourne was our best performer in midfield with the classy McGinn slightly off the boil at the moment. McLean did his best but he is not a striker and we miss him in midfield. Although Wylde possibly felt he had something to prove today - he failed to do so - probably because he is not properly match fit.

So as I said in an earlier post - with 3 or 4 good signings in the January transfer window (and with Thommo back and fit), we could still avoid the drop.

There's a difference between not being match fit and not being arsed. Wylde definitely can't be arsed and it's not exactly a new trait for him.

We started well, Aberdeen scored twice and that was that. Man for man only Goodwin and Tess could hold their heads high today. A special mention must go to Wylde, didn't look interested and 5 out of 10 for effort. However gets the managers post is left with a very poor pool of players. If possible I would offload Kelly. Marwood, Ball, Wylde, Reilly and bring in better quality.

How long is it now since TC was sacked? 5-6 weeks and still no movement regarding appointing a new manager. So in the meantime we stumble on from one defeat to another. The board cannot trot out the "Business as Usual" nonsense as it's pretty obvious that if that was the case we would have a new manager in place and at least be in a position to bring in some badly needed new players.

The fact we are playing with a threadbare squad needs to be addressed immediately and that will not happen until a new manager is appointed.

There needs to be some responsibility and leadership shown by the board to rectify the sad state the Club is in at the moment, I have no doubt that the board are St Mirren men at heart so come on man up and get this sorted.

Atterndance today was 4977 of which there were 1964 Aberdeen fans. However it was a bit like being at an England -v- Scotland game at Wembley where the home support were completely out-done by the visiting support. I can understand why the 3013 Saints fans today were outshone by the Dons support - it's not just the players that are lacking confidence and a positive attitude.

But we do have the nucleus of a decent team and 3 or 4 good signings in the transfer window could make a big difference. if that happens, the backing of the Saints fans WILL make a difference in our fight to beat the drop.

Teale and his team deserve our support - wish i could say the same for the BoD.

That's a fair point and genuinely I'd cut Gary Teale dome slack. He's desperate to do well, he speaks sense, knows what he wants and tbh I don't think he'd suffer fools. He has got f**k all options just now , hope he lands a player or two. We are as well sticking with him till the end of this season anyway imho. Who else frankly would come in from the cold to this horror show and improve it.

That's not the point

We know Callum Ball isn't the answer but either is McLean at centre forward

We need McLean in his best position and get him on the ball in the opposition half

A good part of the game today he was surrounded by 3 defenders as he was up front himself and couldn't get on the ball

We need McLean on the ball if we are to pick up any points

Absolutely. Ball may not be very good but we'd be better having a striker starting the game with McLean supporting him. Starting our last two games at home without a forward is pretty poor - waiting until there's about 25 minutes left before putting one on despite being two goals down is rather odd.

Noticed Marwood was back on the bench after being absent for the last few weeks. Does that mean he's back in the picture?

Absolutely. Ball may not be very good but we'd be better having a striker starting the game with McLean supporting him. Starting our last two games at home without a forward is pretty poor - waiting until there's about 25 minutes left before putting one on despite being two goals down is rather odd.

Noticed Marwood was back on the bench after being absent for the last few weeks. Does that mean he's back in the picture?

marwood was out injured

We need a striker and a cb for next week or were f**ked didn't play with one natural cb or striker today not teales fault

It's Tommy Craig's doing and the bod

Edited by buddies1877

Ball can not move or shoot.

I watched him be presented with several easy chances when he started against Ross County and he missed the target with the lot of them.

He doesn't need to play, he needs to be sacked!

Edited by Kemp

If Teale wants the job full time he's going the wrong way about it, Even tho Callum Ball is not great a least hes a centre forward, McLean is not The Levein system of 4 6 0 is disgrace for a home team, Wylde was a man down MGinn wasn't much better, Another shocking display

Really ? Ive seldom seen a forward with so little mobility , so little awareness of positioning & such a big waistline !! Mr Ball is an imposter.

This is as bad as it gets, we lack direction and decent quality players through the spine of the team. Gary Teale is not the answer, we need a clear out and a new manager with a clear plan to totally rebuild the squad.

Some of these young kids are going to have their confidence destroyed by playing in this side.

it's absolute torture watching what's on offer and not an enjoyable experience at all.

There are many others who feel the same and it looks like the directors have accepted our fate otherwise they would have appointed a decent manager and invested in some good players to at least make a fight of staying up.

Totally rebuild in January,says it all

marwood was out injured

We need a striker and a cb for next week or were f**ked didn't play with one natural cb or striker today not teales fault

It's Tommy Craig's doing and the bod

actually thought Tess and Goodwin looked great at the back apart from one freak goal and the 60 second brainfart that happened. I would keep them at centre half, there's not many teams that will match the quality of Aberdeen.

People think im saying Ball is a good player, He's not, what im saying is, he is the only centre forward fit at the club, if he plays we can put McLean back in the centre of midfield were he's more effective, we have habit at the moment of playing our best players out of position, I would dock Wyldes wages for that performance today, McGinn was rank today, The two youngsters were out there depth today,

Not sure fit is the word to describe Ball. I see the point, but I disagree, McLean at least offers some form of goal threat. No use having him creating things if the ball ends up with a guy who can't hit the target from 10 yards. With the takeover off, I expect Teale will finally be able to bring in a couple of loan signings this week to play up front.

Youngsters will always be inconsistent. Overall, McLear and Mallan have had a positive impact.

Wylde should be released if we can find anyone to take him, he is not the type of player you want for a relegation fight.

Tess & Goodwin can not be said to play well "apart from that brainfart..." It happens every week, a good centre half is consistent and able to at least stay in position and blooter the ball away even if they are not having a great game. To be fair it is probably down to lack of confidence in the keeper they have behind them. Either keeper. Again in an ideal world we would ship both Kello and Ridgers out and get somone in who knows how to take a cross but it's not going to happen.

I feel for Gary Teale, he is now the guy who has Played 6 Lost 5 on his CV which is hardly going to help him in the future, even if he does explain he was working with two legs and an arm tied behind his back.

Oh well, on to Dingwall we go! Need a couple of good players coming in this week to give us a wee boost.

Mcleans best games this season have been the last few when he played up front. From the start of the season he was pretty invisible and demonstrated why no bids came in during the summer. And with his goal scoring record he is the best (fit) striker at the club just now. Ball is hopeless. 23 appearances with 2 goals. Easily brushed off the ball. No running off the ball and too many fresh air swipes. I see little signs that he is somehow going to improve as I see little talent to begin with.

As already mentioned, we played well up until Aberdeen scored then we fell apart. I stayed until the final whistle but have no idea what kept me there it was boring at times.

Wylde was a disgrace today, unfit or not, he showed a complete lack of care or commitment. I would get him out the door if we could.

It's a difficult situation GT finds himself in at the moment but we really need a bit of clarity from the club now. This is a big week for us, if certain things aren't dealt with then they may aswell relegate us now.

Mcleans best games this season have been the last few when he played up front. From the start of the season he was pretty invisible and demonstrated why no bids came in during the summer. And with his goal scoring record he is the best (fit) striker at the club just now. Ball is hopeless. 23 appearances with 2 goals. Easily brushed off the ball. No running off the ball and too many fresh air swipes. I see little signs that he is somehow going to improve as I see little talent to begin with.

How many times does it have to be pointed out. .. ...

Every feckin player was anonymous and unable to do their job under Craig.

Kenny is best deployed as an attacking midfielder. He has vision and a killer pass... he just needs players with the intelligence to anticipate it!

actually thought Tess and Goodwin looked great at the back apart from one freak goal and the 60 second brainfart that happened. I would keep them at centre half, there's not many teams that will match the quality of Aberdeen.

to be fair were used to watching cheesy at cb not hard to look good. They both made some gd interceptions but 2nd half I thought they gt lost a few times Aberdeen could of gt a gd few more