Mechelen V St Mirren

I found a You Tube video that has brief highlights of the Saints v Mechelen matches. First time I remember seeing the away game footage, although my dad took me to the 2nd leg at Love Street. I was only 8 years old though, so cant remember too much about it now!

The video is a documentary about them winning the CWC that seasons, and shows all their games spliced with interviews with players and fans. The Saints segment starts at 15mins in, and shows a few seconds of the Saints travelling support in Belgium!

On a similar note. Did any Saints fans make the long journey to the Arctic circle for the First Round match in Tromso?

Fascinating viewing.

I went to Mechelen.

Flew over with the team.

One of the footballing highlights of my life.

The journey... the camaraderie... the result... the Welcome... the bier!!!!

I came back elated but concerned.

I warned anyone who would listen that the Israeli player O'Hana was a real danger.

He killed us in the second leg without breaking sweat. What a player he was.

Watching those highlights though I was horrified. I had never noticed the Mad Monk deliberately kicking their lad full on the face with his studs up.

Horrendous challenge and one I am totally ashamed came from a player of a team I support.

Fascinating viewing.

I went to Mechelen.

Flew over with the team.

One of the footballing highlights of my life.

The journey... the camaraderie... the result... the Welcome... the bier!!!!

I came back elated but concerned.

I warned anyone who would listen that the Israeli player O'Hana was a real danger.

He killed us in the second leg without breaking sweat. What a player he was.

Watching those highlights though I was horrified. I had never noticed the Mad Monk deliberately kicking their lad full on the face with his studs up.

Horrendous challenge and one I am totally ashamed came from a player of a team I support.

Someone,I think it may have been Football Agent Bill McMurdo son,reported The Mad Monk to Strathclyde Polis for that incident.

Thankfully you weren't Chief Constable.

PS.No action was taken.

PPS.That night was possibly the best night ever at a "50p a drink" Carnegies. :)

Someone,I think it may have been Football Agent Bill McMurdo son,reported The Mad Monk to Strathclyde Polis for that incident.

Thankfully you weren't Chief Constable.

PS.No action was taken.

PPS.That night was possibly the best night ever at a "50p a drink" Carnegies. smile.png

ppps... the away leg was better... have you tried Duvel? nologo.gifFlush.gif

Stella on tap in Belgium whilst the bus fans were having a piss in Southwaite!

Barman sending his waitress across the road to bring back pizza in an attempt to retain the custom of the imbibing Scots!!!

Quality!

The team's performance in the away league that night was the best, by a country mile, in what was a horrible season. To hold such a good side to 0-0 on their on patch was tremendous. Mind you, those of us who saw the game realised that we'd be up against it in Paisley.

The booking of blue crayon boy and his suspension for the 2nd leg was critical. Mechelen clearly spotted him as our key player and goaded him into a daft booking, aided by some strange refereeing, of course.

Still, if we could only have those problems now....

• 3 years later...
12 minutes ago, TimmyKVMechelen said:

Hello guys, after many years searching after an entrance ticket of St.Mirren vs KV Mechelen.   My question to all of you....someone can make me a scan or photo to show me how this ticket looks like...maybe someone wants to sell me one.

Greetings of KV Mechelen  fan.

Regards 

Can't remember the Match being all ticket.

May only have been the Main Stand and maybe our small Enclosure that were Tickets.

I have never seen one.

Was at tromso and Mechelen. Tromso had the polar beer brewery. Full of fishermen early in the morning. Never put my hand in my pocket. They were some of the friendliest people anywhere. Got pissed and missed bus to game. Got a taxi to ground and had to go in home end. Smashing time though had to keep a grip if my duty free voddy as it cost a fortune in Norway.

traveled across on the tile bar bus 

we stopped off at team hotel in early morning to get match tickets

arrrived in mechlen at 6.30 in morning off match lovely place

spent time in main square and rest off time before game in a local bar  

hope some day we get in another tournemnt so new budds can expeience  it  

13 minutes ago, mad saint 2 said:

traveled across on the tile bar bus 

we stopped off at team hotel in early morning to get match tickets

arrrived in mechlen at 6.30 in morning off match lovely place

spent time in main square and rest off time before game in a local bar  

hope some day we get in another tournemnt so new budds can expeience  it  

On the plus side we are only 4 points off europe