English Consortium

gazmc83

I simply want St Mirren fans running St Mirren. It amazes me that some fans don't share this view. If we can't get a fan takeover organised or if a Saints fan doesn't win the lottery or make big money in business, I'd rather we just stayed with SGG and his board.

It doesn't matter if it's a Scottish, Argentinian, English, Swiss, American or Botswanian investors. My question to them would be the same. If you aren't Saints fans, what's in it for you?

Because let's be honest, anyone getting involved with us who isn't a fan with an emotional attachment to our club isn't doing it for the good of St Mirren. They're doing it for the good of themselves. They'll put their own interests before that of the club, and that isn't what I want from the owners of St Mirren.

We've had Saints fans in charge in the boardroom for as long as I can remember. Let's hope it stays that way.

Edited by TopCat

I simply want St Mirren fans running St Mirren. It amazes me that some fans don't share this view. If we can't get a fan takeover organised or if a Saints fan doesn't win the lottery or make big money in business, I'd rather we just stayed with SGG and his board.

It doesn't matter if it's a Scottish, Argentinian, English, Swiss, American or Botswanian investors. My question to them would be the same. If you aren't Saints fans, what's in it for you?

Because let's be honest, anyone getting involved with us who isn't a fan with an emotional attachment to our club isn't doing it for the good of St Mirren. They're doing it for the good of themselves. They'll put their own interests before that of the club, and that isn't what I want from the owners of St Mirren.

We've had Saints fans in charge in the boardroom for as long as I can remember. Let's hope it stays that way.

What part of the consortium putting the club up for sale then stating they want out do you not understand? The earlier attempt for fan ownership failed and SMISA still haven't started making proper moves. That leaves very few options. This English one appears dead, but again may come back without the involvement of the dodgy character. It does feep weird it got so far before his past was revealed, so who knows.

Shull, not everyone has the same opinions as you in terms of who you want in charge of the club. We are a professional football club and sometimes i feel your views are almost Junior football level in terms of where you want us to be playing.

The only thing that satisfies you at the moment is the free beans with your pie at the games.

Nobody told me the beans are free with the pies.

Shull, not everyone has the same opinions as you in terms of who you want in charge of the club. We are a professional football club and sometimes i feel your views are almost Junior football level in terms of where you want us to be playing.

The only thing that satisfies you at the moment is the free beans with your pie at the games.

You should still be sleeping it off.

Correct.

Didnt take long to torpedo that U- Boat!

One little scratch on the surface and as usual when it looks to good to be true, it was and then some.

To say some of our followers are gullible is a feckin understatement... That said if any if the welcoming committee for this most recent bunch of shysters wants some financial advice i am actually an african prince with a vast fortune and countless ex premier league stars languishing in my country's national bank. Just send me £250 to prove you are each genuine and i will share my fortunes with you. And my countless ex top club coaches, directors of football and amy type of player that floats your boat.

just pm your bank details and i'll send you the 250 quid

He is, but the club is up for sale and they want out. So, I put it to everyone who posts and browses on here, what is the answer?

They cannae sell and they stay.

They will not jeopardise the Club.

They cannae sell and they stay.

They will not jeopardise the Club.

But, they don't want to stay. Meanwhile SMISA's rallying call includes " the ultimate aim of further investment in the club and fan representation at board level".

They've jeopardised the club by appointing Craig, waiting so long to sack him, leaving us so exposed in January and putting too high a value on the club. The not selling to dodgy characters is commendable, but it's also basics.

But, they don't want to stay. Meanwhile SMISA's rallying call includes " the ultimate aim of further investment in the club and fan representation at board level".

They've jeopardised the club by appointing Craig, waiting so long to sack him, leaving us so exposed in January and putting too high a value on the club. The not selling to dodgy characters is commendable, but it's also basics.

Interested to know what you would do if you were in their shoes.

The Club was never going to die because we appointed Craig. 1eye.gif

Interested to know what you would do if you were in their shoes.

The boards shoes or SMISA? They actually overlap, SMISA would need a realistic price and the Board would need to provide that. Obvious problem for SMISA is mobilise properly or flash attack then put an interim control model in place until the summer should they gain control. If we come out of January with no sale and no offers in place then announce the wish to take control and go from there. Use the media, use twitter, use any business links, have a table in the high street, ask the local council to allow adverts in community facilities including the main HQ, look to get local companies on board (difficult without deals or creating a business club) and promote it in and around the ground. See where you are after a month, if it's close then ask for representation at board level and get an idea of how the club runs, what the cash flow is like etc. End of second month you should know it it's viable or not. Of course, how do you take on the liability of any pledges that aren't fulfilled?

What part of the consortium putting the club up for sale then stating they want out do you not understand? The earlier attempt for fan ownership failed and SMISA still haven't started making proper moves. That leaves very few options. This English one appears dead, but again may come back without the involvement of the dodgy character. It does feep weird it got so far before his past was revealed, so who knows.

I understand them wanting to sell perfectly. As they have for the last 5 years - which happens to have been the most successful 5 years in the clubs modern history.

I'm happy for them to continue to want to sell and stay in situ for another 5 years, I'd far rather that than they sell to someone who doesn't have the clubs best interests at heart. Wouldn't you?

I understand them wanting to sell perfectly. As they have for the last 5 years - which happens to have been the most successful 5 years in the clubs modern history.

I'm happy for them to continue to want to sell and stay in situ for another 5 years, I'd far rather that than they sell to someone who doesn't have the clubs best interests at heart. Wouldn't you?

It isn't simply a case of the consortium looking to sell up, though. At the risk of labouring the point, they also said 5 YEARS AGO (apologies for shouting) that they were tired and had run out of ideas - that the club required fresh impetus.

Wind the clock on 5 years and we have managed a historic cup victory and have, thus far, survived in the top flight, but while the BoD remain ever more tired and devoid of ideas, we have been standing still at best, and are now teetering on the brink of a possible drop.

Like you, I'd be happy enough for them to remain at the helm, but not while they would rather be elsewhere doing other things. If they decided that they have the appetite for sticking around and developing the club then great, I'd be right behind them, but they have never stated this, and their actions (or inaction in many respects) suggest they don't see a future for themselves in an office-bearing capacity at the club. We've had numerous business as usual platitudes, but that doesn't really cut it when other clubs seem to be kicking on while we tread water.

It isn't simply a case of the consortium looking to sell up, though. At the risk of labouring the point, they also said 5 YEARS AGO (apologies for shouting) that they were tired and had run out of ideas - that the club required fresh impetus.

Wind the clock on 5 years and we have managed a historic cup victory and have, thus far, survived in the top flight, but while the BoD remain ever more tired and devoid of ideas, we have been standing still at best, and are now teetering on the brink of a possible drop.

Like you, I'd be happy enough for them to remain at the helm, but not while they would rather be elsewhere doing other things. If they decided that they have the appetite for sticking around and developing the club then great, I'd be right behind them, but they have never stated this, and their actions (or inaction in many respects) suggest they don't see a future for themselves in an office-bearing capacity at the club. We've had numerous business as usual platitudes, but that doesn't really cut it when other clubs seem to be kicking on while we tread water.

What the current BOD are doing is keeping the club solvent, and making decisions in the best interest of the football club. The BOD appointed Brian Caldwell - who is very well regarded by most in the game - to do the day to day running of the club. Would it make a difference if SGG was doing his role?

We are the envy of clubs up and down the country. We have won a title recently, we are debt free, we have an acclaimed youth set up and we own our own new stadium and training facility.

What more do you want? Some non supporter to come in, give us a directors loan to buy some marquee players so everyone is happy initially... But secure the loan against our assets? That's the kind of thing that would kill our club. That's what I think will happen if a non supporter comes in. That's the only motive I can see for someone who doesn't have us at heart wanting to buy us, so they can get their hands on our assets.

That or turning us into some Airdrie or Raith Rovers style showcase, and we all know how they ended up.

Clubs like us have been getting promoted and relegated throughout our history. Historically speaking we're probably due a relegation soon. We are one of the longest serving clubs in the top flight after all.

These things happen, it wasn't the end of the world when we got relegated last time, it won't be when we get relegated next time. And we will get relegated at some point in the future.

Indeed with the playoff spots opening up relegation is a far less harsh sentence than it would have been at any time since the SPL era began. We could get relegated this year, finish mid-table in 4th next season and still get promoted straight back up. When it was 1 up and 1 down relegation was a total nightmare, not so much now.

If we get end up with someone like Romanov, Anelka, Di Stefano or Whyte in charge of our club... Now that would be a total nightmare.

No top cats right let's go down get pumped by Raith and Alloa but it's ok we will be fine then let's not worry about the job loses to normal people at the club nor about the effect it will definitely have on operations at ralston. The club is in serious relegation bother and there is a way out but 5 weeks on were still sifting through applications? Wtf? Is the club being sold ? That can be only explanation or is it another cheap option being taken. For goodness sake I like Gary but four loses in five wouldn't get anyone else a job !

Edited by norrie82

No top cats right let's go down get pumped by Raith and Alloa but it's ok we will be fine then let's not worry about the job loses to normal people at the club nor about the effect it will definitely have on operations at ralston. The club is in serious relegation bother and there is a way out but 5 weeks on were still sifting through applications? Wtf? Is the club being sold ? That can be only explanation or is it another cheap option being taken. For goodness sake I like Gary but four loses in five wouldn't get anyone else a job !

Eh? Pumped by Raith and Alloa? Job losses?

I tell you what would certainly result in those things, selling us to a crook like Craig Whyte. Thankfully the board aren't that silly.