English Consortium

gazmc83

He is, but the club is up for sale and they want out. So, I put it to everyone who posts and browses on here, what is the answer?

IMO, one of two things needs to happen. Either SMISA organise a bid, or an new group of fans organises a bid. There doesn't seem to be anyone willing to help with the latter, so the former looks like the least unlikely option.

The best way forward is a consortium of the local companies that currently sponsor the club with advertising and the like , they are all ST Mirren Supporters.They would have the backing of all supporters.

People keep talking about the best way forward. Fan Ownership, local companies, etc...well where are they? Where are the proposals? It's five years since then club went up for sale and then only thing to come close was 10000hours.

You can't keep wishing for something that doesn't exist.

People keep talking about the best way forward. Fan Ownership, local companies, etc...well where are they? Where are the proposals? It's five years since then club went up for sale and then only thing to come close was 10000hours.

You can't keep wishing for something that doesn't exist.

Especially at a point when the club was close to being sold only a day or so ago, any interested party, whether it be fan based or local company, would have showed their hand.

Just my view and i know i will probably get shot down for it, though i don't think we have a big enough fanbase to support a fan ownership to match our ambitions to move forward as a top 6 club.

Especially at a point when the club was close to being sold only a day or so ago, any interested party, whether it be fan based or local company, would have showed their hand.

Just my view and i know i will probably get shot down for it, though i don't think we have a big enough fanbase to support a fan ownership to match our ambitions to move forward as a top 6 club.

I think fan ownership would work. However, after 10000hours crashing (ironically it wasn't a Saints fan who initiated the project) I think key people who could have been involved in a fan ownership bid probably had their fingers burned and wouldn't be prepared to step forward again.

I guess people have looked towards SMISA but I haven't seen anything from them in terms of ownership, only about buying additional shares.

Edited by aldo_j

The best way forward is a consortium of the local companies that currently sponsor the club with advertising and the like , they are all ST Mirren Supporters.They would have the backing of all supporters.

Ground name sponsorship for say two years, auctioned at £100,000 a pop. If we earn the 1.5 million then the board gift the shares to SMISA, the draw winner gets ground sponsorship and we move on. All other entrants could get certain %'s off of future sponsorship and even, gasp whisper, use of the corporate space for events on less commonly used days. Along with becoming members of the business club and a logo on the business club board the Pozbaird would design without complaint.

Ground name sponsorship for say two years, auctioned at £100,000 a pop. If we earn the 1.5 million then the board gift the shares to SMISA, the draw winner gets ground sponsorship and we move on. All other entrants could get certain %'s off of future sponsorship and even, gasp whisper, use of the corporate space for events on less commonly used days. Along with becoming members of the business club and a logo on the business club board the Pozbaird would design without complaint.

No chance. Current rate for work undertaken is now a steak and gravy pie, a packet of Hubba Bubba, and two Curly Wurlys.

I don't know look at Hamilton

They have shown what a wee team run right can do and make money as well

It was just a suggestion, don't really see others. Take it and develop or attack like a prize prick. Oh look, you attacked.

Of course I attacked.

It was a hilarious suggestion. lol.gif

Do you have any others?

Maybe we should bring elephants onto the pitch at half time and charge kids £300 for a 5 minute ride?

Why not? It's about as reasonable a suggestion as yours.

Of course I attacked.

Do you have any others?

Maybe we should bring elephants onto the pitch at half time and charge kids £300 for a 5 minute ride?

It would ruin the pitch, and the going rate is £250 for 5 mins, duh...

Of course I attacked.

Do you have any others?

I've yet to see anything from you aside from attacks and nonsense about it'll be fine.

We have a debate on fan control, but it never goes anywhere. SMISA get brought up, then it sort of dies down again. As fans we won't make the 1.5m ourselves so we need to bring local funders/investors/businesses on board. So, how do we do that? Obvious start is that we make suggestions and maybe at some point we'll have a proper debate. £100,000 isn't selling the jewels, certainly not as the ground isn't currently sponsored and COULD be an avenue to facillitate a means to an end. There are probably other ways to engage, other carrots to dangle, but I don't see offers of a training session, talks at an event, golf days, % off boards or anything like that getting us anywhere close. So, it has to be substantial and for a short term that could lead to it being put out there for higher at a later date. That then gets us in the door, we pick up the cashflow as is, understand it and look to build once the method of funding any dips in the flow are in place.

In real money how much does anyone think it would cost to buy out the club.

Average crowd is round about 3,000 so it would take an eternity to make any profit.

I thought the asking price was around £2 million but I'm not sure.

The club currently makes no profit whatsoever because apparently the second a penny comes in we send it straight out again in wages and despite this we are still joint bottom of the league and well adrift.

The point here is that whoever comes in will need to either invest more money beyond their £2m purchase or attempt to survive with what we've got

Whoever comes in, if I was a board member, I'd want, as a bare minimum, to see a detailed plan of how they expect to fund the purchase, fund the investment (will the club be loaned the money for new players - a la Gretna - or will it be a gift), how they expect to make a profit and what they plan to do with that profit. I'd expect to see detailed and realistic business plans with realistic costs and figures for everything and anything they plan to do to increase revenue into the club. That should be backed up by evidence from previous successful businesses they have run.

I fail to see how anyone can make a profit without causing cutbacks on the playing side of things.

Edited by oaksoft

T

In real money how much does anyone think it would cost to buy out the club.

Average crowd is round about 3,000 so it would take an eternity to make any profit.

Depends how profit is defined...

Money through gates is not the only way to generate a 'return'.

Apart from tv, league and cup bonuses and advertising bringing in money, another reason why someone might buy St Mirren would be to offset its losses against profits made elsewhere... so that your earnings don't just drift down a dark tax-hole.

Currently, as we all SHOULD know by now, the BoD are running the club on a break-even basis. Entirely sensible. It can continue to be run in that manner, but with perhaps more energy, passion, ideas etc. They have served their time, a new generation has to step in.

It profits the Paisley area to have a top league football team in its midst. We all profit from that.

Whoever comes in, if I was a board member, I'd want, as a bare minimum, to see a detailed plan of how they expect to fund the purchase, fund the investment (will the club be loaned the money for new players - a la Gretna - or will it be a gift), how they expect to make a profit and what they plan to do with that profit. I'd expect to see detailed and realistic business plans with realistic costs and figures for everything and anything they plan to do to increase revenue into the club. That should be backed up by evidence from previous successful businesses they have run.

Why this desire for facts and figures before jumping in with your support? I'm honestly bemused by this transformation in your outlook. :unsure:

You were prepared to vote in the referendum just by the "feeling in your watter", with no wish to even consider a reality check.

Why this desire for facts and figures before jumping in with your support? I'm honestly bemused by this transformation in your outlook. unsure.png

You were prepared to vote in the referendum just by the "feeling in your watter", with no wish to even consider a reality check.

Yes, the referendum and the sale of our club are exactly the same thing.

Thanks for pointing that out.

How could I possibly have missed the link........

Yes, the referendum and the sale of our club are exactly the same thing.

Thanks for pointing that out.

How could I possibly have missed the link........

Organisations and structures going through radical transformation, yes.

I was surprised that you hadn't realised the parallels - and yet your approach to both is so different.

I do hope you'll now rethink your rash statement (on one or the other), as any rational person would.

Edited by bluto