Ched Evans

billymehmet1

It's pretty simple, he's a convicted rapist, do I want him associated with my club, never. Do I want the good name and reputation of my club tarnished, no. Some of the posts on this thread really do concern me, may be its because I have a daughter and so think differently when I see stories like this, or may be its because I try and do what's right no matter what, I'd rather we got relegated and had a club with morals than sign him.

The op has asked what people would think of him signing, it's hardly speculation and is a fair question.

He's desperate to play football and is available.

I'm not too sure my thoughts on it, I wouldn't jump all over a petition if he was linked with the club.

Plenty of players have clubs after being convicted of a criminal offence.

A fair question for the Gerneral St Mirren Discussion board?

Aye, fair enough then.

For those talking about the guy having served his time etc., I'm sorry, but that isn't the case. He remains on license and remains registered, and, as such, continues to formally carry the conviction around with him. Of course this will impact on his employability, as it should.

A fair question for the Gerneral St Mirren Discussion board?

Aye, fair enough then.

It's proving to be so as it's sparking a bit of debate unlikely most other drivel topics.

On the issue of signing him, I've not followed the story closely enough to give opinion either way.

Yes. You've brought in a story of a shameful murder and are trying to use that as a barometer.

Look mate,some on here seem to think it's ok to shag a bird in a coma so if that's as far as my poor taste goes.....I'm happy.

PS.Barometers are shite.I set mine to Sunny and it rained all day.:(

So what about all the people that have went to jail, come out and contributed to society in a positive manner?

You can't use an example like that in a comparison, that's quite poor taste TBH.

Your last sentence would be laughable, if it wasn't quite so appalling. Just to let you know, you're coming across a sympathiser...... and not for the victim.

Look mate,some on here seem to think it's ok to shag a bird in a coma so if that's as far as my poor taste goes.....I'm happy.

PS.Barometers are shite.I set mine to Sunny and it rained all day.:(

Those that say he should return to football aren't claiming his innocence, more that he should be allowed to resume his career after serving time in prison. That's different to saying his actions are Ok...They are two different things. I just don't recall the same outcry when Lee Hughes or Meppen-Walter came back to football, or maybe I missed it?

There's no doubt it's a bloody tough call for a club to make and it's probably one Saints won't have to make!

P.S. With the weather forecast, your barometer will go it to bloody overdrive tonight!

Evans HASN'T served his sentence out yet. He's not free to do anything he wants.

If he'd only shown a wee bit of sympathy for the abuse that the woman is STILL getting due to her association with him, then he might have been better received.

I never for a moment said he can do as he pleases and I appreciate he's on licence. Most ex-prisoners who start working are praised for it and it's regarded as a plus factor in becoming a solid, contributing citizen in society. Evans isn't being afforded that because he's in some respects a personality. One law for the rich etc..... Or do I mean the reverse?

PS Don't want him near us. We've got enough problems but I don't see that as a contradiction. Any club that takes him on will get grief. Maybe the answer is not to let any ex-con be rehabilitated.

I never for a moment said he can do as he pleases and I appreciate he's on licence. Most ex-prisoners who start working are praised for it and it's regarded as a plus factor in becoming a solid, contributing citizen in society. Evans isn't being afforded that because he's in some respects a personality. One law for the rich etc..... Or do I mean the reverse?

PS Don't want him near us. We've got enough problems but I don't see that as a contradiction. Any club that takes him on will get grief. Maybe the answer is not to let any ex-con be rehabilitated.

if you were a doctor, teacher or police officer you wouldn't be allowed back into the same occupation after an offence like this, he can start working again, no issues with that but for me not as a footballer.

The op has asked what people would think of him signing, it's hardly speculation and is a fair question.

He's desperate to play football and is available.

I'm not too sure my thoughts on it, I wouldn't jump all over a petition if he was linked with the club.

Plenty of players have clubs after being convicted of a criminal offence.

In fairness Dave he then moved the discussion on to a debate about whether he had actually committed a crime or not.

At least once he claimed it wasn't really rape and he only did what most of us do.

That's the problem here I think.

On posting this it is the 64th comment,of what is a perfectly debatable subject.

But on General ST MIRREN Discussion board IMO is not the board to be discussing it.

Why?

Is it general nonsense? Nope.

Other football? We're not discussing his attempted signing for other clubs.

Rumour mill? It's not a rumour.

General St Mirren Discussion? We're discussing if we would support a movement for St Mirren to sign the convicted rapist Ched Evens.

Seems like a good place for me?

Some people need to lighten the f**k up. If you feel a topic is in the wrong sub forum is really going to bother you that much? So much that you've made 27 posts in total, don't contribute to the debate and then just moan about what sub forum it's in.

Jeezo.

Why?

Is it general nonsense? Nope.

Other football? We're not discussing his attempted signing for other clubs.

Rumour mill? It's not a rumour.

General St Mirren Discussion? We're discussing if we would support a movement for St Mirren to sign the convicted rapist Ched Evens.

Seems like a good place for me?

Some people need to lighten the f**k up. If you feel a topic is in the wrong sub forum is really going to bother you that much? So much that you've made 27 posts in total, don't contribute to the debate and then just moan about what sub forum it's in.

Jeezo.

FFS, and that's a good way to encourage the guy to come back and post some more?blink.png

Excellent PR that man!

Convicted rapist who is out on licence and will be in the sex offenders register for many a year.....

Seeks to join any community based club.

Now how many of you would be happy if he joined us and your daughter/sister/granddaughter were led out holding his hand as part of being a club mascot..?

Think of your own first, it might colour your opinion?

Rape is a terrible thing. But I genuinely believe. The sort if rape Evans had been convicted for could see thousands of men convicted. He got the same amount of jail sentence a guy that hides sbd jumps out on a girl rapes a girl in say a park. That to me is rape.

Like McCormick killed 2 people Abd is now captain of a league two club lee Hughes killed someone Abd is playing again. Ok the girl is serving a life sentence her self but to actualy kill someone. Is far worse crime

What's his scoring record like

Good because if he was pish this topic would never have been opened!

I think the whole issue around him is the fact that most footballers are role models and I certainly wouldn't want my kids idolising a convicted rapist.

He will remain guilty in the eyes of the law until proven innocent as when he was convicted it would have been beyond reasonable doubt.