Ched Evans

billymehmet1

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

The very thing he did outside the court today was to apologise to all the people he hurt......

now why would you apologise for something you claim you didn't do.....?

guess he is lucky that guy came forward five years later on suddenly remembering all sorts he didnt tell the police originally!

wonder if the £50k offered to anyone that could help get him off has/will be paid out now?

Maybe he was apologising to his friends and family?

Was he specific who he apologised to?

You just can't wait to condemn people, especially the rich and famous.

Away and gies piece. :1eye

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The very thing he did outside the court today was to apologise to all the people he hurt......

now why would you apologise for something you claim you didn't do.....?

guess he is lucky that guy came forward five years later on suddenly remembering all sorts he didnt tell the police originally!

wonder if the £50k offered to anyone that could help get him off has/will be paid out now?

Apologise to the Girlfriend he cheated on ?. Apologise to his family for the hurt the whole case and the last four years has caused.?  

He has been cleared of the original verdict and now cleared once again by a jury. 

He is innocent and should be allowed to continue with his life.

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Apologise to the Girlfriend he cheated on ?. Apologise to his family for the hurt the whole case and the last four years has caused.?  

He has been cleared of the original verdict and now cleared once again by a jury. 

He is innocent and should be allowed to continue with his life.

He spoke specifically about the people 'involved'

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

I am sure the family of the young lassie have gone through hell as she has been hounded out of FIVE homes since Mr Evans and his pals decided what they were going to do that night.

I am in no position to comment on what the "young Lassie" as you put it has gone through, But i`m sure Evans family haven`t had a four year picnic. 

9 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I am in no position to comment on what the "young Lassie" as you put it has gone through, But i`m sure Evans family haven`t had a four year picnic. 

No point in trying to reason with Lookatme, he's a long history, his previous username was vehement in his eagerness to condemn any person in the public eye as guilty and hilariously quiet when they were found not guilty, and he's also got an unhealthy interest in these cases. <_<

Not guilty isn't enough for him, he thinks he knows better.

5 hours ago, tony soprano said:
5 hours ago, tony soprano said:

Touche

Unfortunately for you the court came to the conclusion he was innocent.

Are you saying he isn't and what are you basing your view that this has set back women's rights in rape cases decades?

I love when people just simply, apt in this case, won't accept the final decision.

A bit like the referendum. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

8 hours ago, tony soprano said:

This retrial has been an utter travesty and set back women's rights in rape cases by decades

Really?

She wasn't raped. 

I've no concerns about woman's rights as I do believe the jury, which the majority was female came to the correct decision. 

It's more concerning that this type of sexual behaviour is considered pretty normal to the youth of today. 

2 hours ago, rabuddies said:

(Faraway, you're far away. Today's press have roasted him for his treatment of women even going as far as to call him a "scumball". The court is also coming under severe scrutiny for allowing the girl's sex life to be discussed in open court. I take you don't have a daughter.

I do have a daughter, what is that to do with this case?

FFS.

Have I said this guy is an angel?

All I am saying that he's been proved innocent (or not guilty) in this case and, if you looked into this in detail, you will find both parties, him and the "girl", leave a lot to be desired as humans.

Now, if people had him guilty all along, and the press are now all over it, that's their prerogative but it's always funny that the press who, as a whole, are seen as lowlife, then seem to be taken as the holders of morality.

Edited by faraway saint

41 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

There are one or two very minor details that I'd personally edit or express a little differently, but this does a pretty good job of explaining the truth of the matter.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2016/10/14/10-myths-busted-about-the-ched-evans-case/

Very interesting a enlightening.

I like the "secret barristers" view on the point below................

A special mention goes to comments this evening from End Violence Against Women: “We are very concerned at the precedent which might have been set in this case for allowing sexual history of complainants to be admissible evidence.” Allow me to help: The precedent that has been set is none. The Court of Appeal decision sets down no new application of law or principle, and section 41 continues to operate exactly as it did before, excluding the vast, vast majority of questions about previous sexual behaviour. But good job on needlessly terrifying the women you claim to support. :lol: