Takeover Talks Cancelled With English Buyers

oaksoft

So, not too difficult to find out then, and could've/should've been done really easily at an early stage?

FFS, maybe they'll start checking the Facebook profiles of any potential buyers!!

Could it be that his name wasn't known at the outset and it was only latterly it was introduced and then researched?

There is so much shite in this thread from folk that do not have a f**king clue as to what is happening. Speculation is one thing but condemning the bod with no knowledge or the racist comments are beyond reasonable conjecture.

There is so much shite in this thread from folk that do not have a f**king clue as to what is happening. Speculation is one thing but condemning the bod with no knowledge or the racist comments are beyond reasonable conjecture.

Just so we're clear, here, I'm not condemning the BoD as such, but nor am I thanking or congratulating them for knocking this bid out the park. I think it is simply what they are obliged to do, and I am concerned that while they were negotiating a possible deal, they've possibly stalled on sorting out the managerial situation and strengthening the squad when this is surely the absolute priority just now.

Has anyone actually read the link? http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/friend-helped-blaydon-hotel-boss-4439370

It's a bit of a sensationalist piece, I wouldn't call what he has done there a devious fraud. It states "Mohammed, who has a string of similar previous convictions", are there any links to these previous convictions?

Also, what is wrong with owning a sharp suit?

We should be owned by our own.

Main thing in my opinion is that no f**king cat eating scumbag from Glenburn get their hands on our club.

We should be owned by decent people, not the subhuman trolls you find round there.

To be completely honest, I doubt we will ever find the fabled Saints fans takeover group. It's a fantasy.

Fair play to the board, doing their homework first on the potential new owners.

However if the deal is off they can get the finger out and sort out the manager and squad issues at hand.

Nail squarely on head

I would be happy if St Mirren were taken over by a group that love football , and have a clear direction for taking St Mirren forward .

Doesn,t matter what nationality , Gender etc

Just a Love of Football , a few good ideas , contacts , and good marketing skills

A few bob to take us to another level would be nice

But a competitive nature , honesty and a clear business plan for the club would be good enough

All sounds very dodgy to me. Appointing David Thomson as manager is dodgy enough to tell us that something ain't right here!

Yeah that's really strange. As far as I can tell he retired nearly 8 years ago and hasn't been involved in senior football at all since.

Yet he's the man with all the contacts... Bizarre. No thanks, good riddance.

I could be wrong but I'm not convinced that this deal is off.

If this crook was only brokering the deal what's to stop the consortium pushing on without him?

Or am I missing something?

I sincerely hope it's still on , so that prick Lex has to retract his cringeworthy attempt at embarrassing David Thompson. After all , every manager must have a chance to succeed , ain't that right Lex , ya f**kin walloper ?

I sincerely hope it's still on , so that prick Lex has to retract his cringeworthy attempt at embarrassing David Thompson. After all , every manager must have a chance to succeed , ain't that right Lex , ya f**kin walloper ?

What an absolute head case :lol:

Latest from The Herald; http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/st-mirren-takeover-latest-i-admitted-what-i-did-and-went-to-jail-have-i-to-be-persecu.115826240

I'm in two minds about this. It shows at the very least poor judgement from the buying consortium. I'd be interested to hear their reasons why Thompson needs to be put in as manager.

Talk of a hotel and car park? I suppose its a possible way for them to get their investment back.

Overall, not a great gut feeling.

On the other hand, I hardly think what Mohamed did was crime of the century if that is his only fraud. He didn't swindle anyone, seems he foolishly was looking to help a friend who was in dire straits. It is fair the buying consortium should be judged on their own backgrounds and one of them has now put their name forward in the press now.

THE man accused by St Mirren of scuppering a sale of the club has denied he was part of the prospective buying consortium, and claimed that St Mirren directors knew months ago of his prior criminal conviction and turned down his offer to remove himself from the talks.

As revealed in Herald Sport yesterday, Aspiration Holdings Inc (AHI), an English-based consortium, had been in advanced discussions to take over a majority shareholding of the Paisley club and install David Thompson, the former Liverpool midfielder, as manager, believing a deal was not far from being concluded. As part of their proposals, the buyers wanted to build a hotel next to St Mirren Park, and use part of the surrounding site for long-stay parking for passengers flying from neighbouring Glasgow Airport.

St Mirren, however, moved to distance themselves from AHI yesterday after claiming that one of their members is Thaver Mohammed, a 52 year-old Newcastle man sentenced to six months in prison in 2011 after being found guilty of conducting a bogus business deal to help a friend in need.

A source said to be close to the club said: "Stewart [Gilmour, St Mirren chairman] and the rest of the guys on the selling consortium have always said they would only sell to someone who had the best interests of St Mirren at heart.

"But after doing a full background check on this English group, they discovered one of the guys involved had a fraud conviction. It's safe to say they will no longer be going ahead with any discussions. The consortium have been quite clear they will make sure they do their homework on anyone wanting to get involved with the club and that is what they have done in this case."

A distraught and frustrated Mohammed, however, last night insisted his only connection was on a consultancy basis and claimed he would not have been involved in the running of the club once the deal had gone through.

He also maintained that he made the St Mirren directors aware of his previous conviction not long after becoming involved in takeover talks last summer and that he offered to stand aside if his association would prove an impediment to the consortium concluding their takeover.

"I declared everything to the directors," Mohammed told Herald Sport. "I'm not a member of the consortium, I'm not a director or anything like that. I made it clear to Allan [Marshall, the St Mirren director] that I had issues in the past so I can't be associated with a football club. I'm just doing this to help people and earn a commission. At the first meeting the board were aware that I had nothing whatsoever to do with the consortium. I was just an external consultant who was there to facilitate the move forward. At a later meeting Stewart Gilmour walked me around the club and I told him I wouldn't be involved in the running of the club as I probably wouldn't be considered fit and proper for a football club.

"That's all in the past but I've never hidden it. I've been to court, I admitted what I did and I went to jail. Have I to be persecuted for the rest of my life? I have three young kids and a disabled mum to look after. I can't just walk into a job because I have a criminal conviction. I won't lie to anyone about that. I know you have to have protocol but you also have to have your facts right. I disclosed all the information to the club early on.

"I'm at a loss as to why they are now launching an attack on me. Did I do anything wrong? No. Did I lie to anybody? No. Did I try to deceive anybody? No. Did I try to help a club that's about to go into the Championship but has a massive set of loyal supporters? Yes. The deal has now been pulled down and people who have done nothing wrong have been implicated by being potentially involved with a fraudster or whatever they've called me. And there's me trying to earn a living after admitting my guilt and doing my time. I've done nothing wrong. I was just an external consultant. Blaming me for not selling the club is a travesty. History says that because I was convicted before that I must be a liar or a conman. That doesn't make it right."

Mohammed felt frustrated that his past being exposed means a takeover is now unlikely. "I feel sorry for the fans as there was a real opportunity here. There is so much potential in this club to get the right players, coaches, and management, develop everything behind the scenes, and take them into Europe in the next few years. And I think that was all possible."

Jas Narang, who would have led the buying consortium, confirmed Mohammed was not part of his group and expressed his disappointment at this latest development. "Thaver was working with us as a broker, nothing more. Obviously he told us everything that had happened with him but that's all in the past now. It didn't really affect what we were trying to do. Once it got over the line he would have been away. I'm surprised and disappointed his name has come out like this."

To avoid a lengthy post... Hotel? European football? Untried manager (a pal?) Broked by someone involved in fraud, but it's OK, he wasn't going to get involved at the club?

Get them tae' fcuk as far away from our club as possible. Vlad coming in at Hearts and promising to become Scotland's top team sounds more plausible.

This is classic deflection tactics here.

We need a new manager and new players we have heard nothing especially from the chairman and BOD

A story breaks out yesterday about the sale of the club and there plans for the club and having a new manager and players on board

The very same day it's all off due to a dodgy character which they knew about months ago

I'm sorry enough of this pish and get some players in please

Latest from The Herald; http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/st-mirren-takeover-latest-i-admitted-what-i-did-and-went-to-jail-have-i-to-be-persecu.115826240

I'm in two minds about this. It shows at the very least poor judgement from the buying consortium. I'd be interested to hear their reasons why Thompson needs to be put in as manager.

Talk of a hotel and car park? I suppose its a possible way for them to get their investment back.

Never trust anyone who wants to conduct their business in a hotel car park.whistling.gif

I wonder if they the fact they are Indians will have the "this sounds more like it" mob calling for the Argies to come back!

Well there is no suitable buyer it seems, can we sign a centre half now??

Being Indian has nothing to do with it some great business men are Indian , anyway they might be born in the UK which makes them British citizens. Out with that its a very risky plan. First you have to get planning permission. We have three long stay car parks near the stadium. There are three hotels within the grounds of Glasgow Airport while a good few in the surroundings Renfrew . Linwood , Paisley , Braehead.. I stay in the hotels within Glasgow airport every time when traveling to work. They are not always full. So I can't see planning permission being given for this venture.

It's a big risk to take on the bases of planning permission for that reason I think the board have made their excuses and will move on. Thank God we have a board with St Mirren in their hearts

This is classic deflection tactics here.

We need a new manager and new players we have heard nothing especially from the chairman and BOD

A story breaks out yesterday about the sale of the club and there plans for the club and having a new manager and players on board

The very same day it's all off due to a dodgy character which they knew about months ago

I'm sorry enough of this pish and get some players in please

it's not like the board don't have some previous in issuing info on an interested party without making a substantial allegation

dodgy buyers? seem these guys have been played like a harp and then dumped by the Paisley Project Fear

Edited by beyond our ken