Takeover Talks Cancelled With English Buyers

oaksoft

I wonder if they the fact they are Indians will have the "this sounds more like it" mob calling for the Argies to come back!

Well there is no suitable buyer it seems, can we sign a centre half now??

i dont like the implication that people wont like them because they are Indian

maybe that is your feeling-you are welcome to it but dont imply you share it with me

as for being in the "this sounds more like it club, some people did show some optimism that this was a good opportunity. Fact is, Graeme McPherson is a usually reliable source and god knows we need a reason to be optimistic

to answer the last question

No new buyer= no new centre half

To avoid a lengthy post... Hotel? European football? Untried manager (a pal?) Broked by someone involved in fraud, but it's OK, he wasn't going to get involved at the club?

Get them tae' fcuk as far away from our club as possible. Vlad coming in at Hearts and promising to become Scotland's top team sounds more plausible.

Spot on.

Why on earth was he allowed to be involved for months before being told to go? A simple Google check last night revealed the issue.

From the buyers point of view, why would you let a guy who is a convicted fraudster be anywhere near a business deal? Maybe they planned to finance the deal from the proceeds of backing a random bloke to be manager and then appointing him whistling.gif

And this is emotional nonsense in a bid to win over the fans and paint the board as the bad guys: "Did I try to help a club that's about to go into the Championship but has a massive set of loyal supporters? Yes."

Yep. Nice we hotel in feegie. Guys

Not got a clue. We'd end up like killie or hearts snowed under with debt and all put

Onto the football club Abd prob kill

Us

Only resolution is again a fans buy out but on a longer time basis. Simply

No right person will

Buy our club. Only con men

Do you remember the last hotel in Feegie , The New Fergus or locally known as the "Stab Inn".

Do you remember the last hotel in Feegie , The New Fergus or locally known as the "Stab Inn".

I thought the stab in was the name given to the Bob Inn , in Greenock Road .

New Fergus was some shop , had a couple of mates that rented a room there ( they didn,t stay long )

Have been critical of our BOD since AGM - HOWEVER

Yes they do have best interests obviously and agree with above postings , don't let these guys near our club. We have seen it all before Sevco, Livi, Dundee. Rather get relegated with this BOD than see my team being run by crooks. Was wary when they had this plan, Premiership. Champions League blah blah, so what. Efi Ambrose has CL experience ffs!!

Edited by DougJamie

Have been critical of our BOD since AGM - HOWEVER

Yes they do have best interests obviously and agree with above postings , don't let these guys near our club. We have seen it all before Sevco, Livi, Dundee. Rather get relegated with this BOD than see my team being run by crooks. Was wary when they had this plan, Premiership. Champions League blah blah, so what. Efi Ambrose has CL experience ffs!!

I think its unfair to call anyone crooks when their full profile hasnt been released.

As this guy said in todays Herald report, he made clear to the BOD last summer about his past and he would have no involvement once the deal went through.

I think its unfair to call anyone crooks when their full profile hasnt been released.

As this guy said in todays Herald report, he made clear to the BOD last summer about his past and he would have no involvement once the deal went through.

All well and good if you want to take a "convicted" fraudster at face value, personally I'd take what he has to say with a large pinch of salt!!

That's because he would be off with the money.

So why did the selling consortium entertain the potential deal to this point? Was it simply to try and get the club to a position where there were two prospective buyers bidding against each other? Or is this guy lying?

i dont like the implication that people wont like them because they are Indian

maybe that is your feeling-you are welcome to it but dont imply you share it with me

Rubbish, when I played cowboys and Indians as a kid, I didn't mind being an indian. whistling.gif

When someone has a criminal record for fraud I call them a crook, when a group use them as their broker I call them associates of a crook. Why do they need him, plus, as others on here have said its on google first hit, so obviously marketing is not a strong asset of theirs either. It don't smell right. Our league position is desperate , but that's all, just need to go up M8 to see what happens once crooks infiltrate

Don't give a shit if they're from Bombay, Bearsden, or Basildon... Fraud connection, talk of hotels and Europe, possibly a mate with no managerial experience being given the manager's gig, and talk of grooming stars to go to the Premiership....

Fcuk sake. Sounds brilliant, get them in NOW!

Bolton have a hotel with many rooms having views of the pitch at an extra cost, allowing folk to watch the game from their hotel room. We could charge extra for rooms that don't face the pitch.

A surefire money spinner.

lol.gif

Or, you could shag while watching St Mirren play. Guaranteed way of prolonging the experience... whistling.gif

I get the impression that there are no bidders anywhere who can come up to the standards of the consortia. It is also clear that the fans are being kept in the dark and perhaps even being manipulated. In any case it is fast reaching the point where I simply don't believe or trust the BoD to do what is in the best interests of the club / fans.

Bolton have a hotel with many rooms having views of the pitch at an extra cost, allowing folk to watch the game from their hotel room. We could charge extra for rooms that don't face the pitch.

A surefire money spinner.

I stay there on, pretty much, a weekly basis. The hotel rooms that are pitch facing double up as hospitality suites on matchday as the beds fold away and tables are put in the room. It's not a bad idea for generating additional hospitality monies.

However, if you have the misfortune of getting a pitch side room during the week, you face sleeping on one of the most uncomfortable beds I have experienced. I now request a room that doesn't have a pitch view!

But that's not the worst room in the hotel...just before Christmas I stayed in a room where the windows were internal facing. That meant, if I didn't close the curtains, people walking down for dinner would have seen me sprawled out on my bed! A tad strange!

I stay there on, pretty much, a weekly basis. The hotel rooms that are pitch facing double up as hospitality suites on matchday as the beds fold away and tables are put in the room. It's not a bad idea for generating additional hospitality monies.

However, if you have the misfortune of getting a pitch side room during the week, you face sleeping on one of the most uncomfortable beds I have experienced. I now request a room that doesn't have a pitch view!

But that's not the worst room in the hotel...just before Christmas I stayed in a room where the windows were internal facing. That meant, if I didn't close the curtains, people walking down for dinner would have seen me sprawled out on my bed! A tad strange!

This might be a daft question, but based on all of the above, why do you go back?