Takeover Talks Cancelled With English Buyers

oaksoft

Is there a genuine need for another hotel or more airport car parking? Remember, there's currently plans to turn our old ground into a car park.

And is there enough land owned by the club for a hotel and a car park to be built in?

Same question I posed earlier Stu. Yes, Glasgow Airport is a busy place, but still, there's two Holiday Inns and a Ramada on site, and both the Normandy and Glynhill are long established as hotels serving the airport, as undeed is the Lynnhurst in Johnstone.

Hmm... etc.

Edited by pozbaird

Same question I posed earlier Stu. Yes, Glasgow Airport is a busy place, but still, there's two Holiday Inns and a Ramada on site, and both the Normandy and Glynhill are long established as hotels serving the airport, as undeed is the Lynnhurst in Johnstone.

Hmm... etc.

Without knowing numbers for these hotels your points rather mute.

These hotels could be overflowing and you'd imagine that anyone building another hotel would actually look at the numbers rather than just conjecture.

Yes but of the hotels mentioned three are pretty old fashioned.I would consider a brand new modern construction would be of enormous benefit.I see today Qatar Airways have just purchased a modern Novotel at South Gyle Edinburgh.Folk talk about Ferguslie not being a fashionable area but think on if we for example book a hotel in Belgrade or Split we would not necessarily know that particular hotel was in a great area of those cities.

Is there a genuine need for another hotel or more airport car parking? Remember, there's currently plans to turn our old ground into a car park.

And is there enough land owned by the club for a hotel and a car park to be built in?

Plenty of land. Stadium corners and the site acRoss the road is more than enough

Yes but of the hotels mentioned three are pretty old fashioned.I would consider a brand new modern construction would be of enormous benefit.I see today Qatar Airways have just purchased a modern Novotel at South Gyle Edinburgh.Folk talk about Ferguslie not being a fashionable area but think on if we for example book a hotel in Belgrade or Split we would not necessarily know that particular hotel was in a great area of those cities.

All tied to the airport and any refresh of GARL project

Hmm... etc.

It can be practically impossible at times to get a hotel room at the Airport,as it can be in Glasgow City Centre if there's a big event on.

It can be practically impossible at times to get a hotel room at the Airport,as it can be in Glasgow City Centre if there's a big event on.

If the club wish to use the corporate room for weddings, then the hotel would be on its doorstep as accommodation for guests.

You'd know quick enough it wisnae' great if you walked out the hotel looking for a shop.... Or a pub, or a McDonald's and found an airdome, a burger van and a tiny wee fitba' ground.

I can imagine the Trip Advisor posts now

Crowne Feegie Plaza - Paisley International Airport. Five customer reviews.....

"My wife and I booked an overnight stay at the new Crowne Feegie Plaza before our flight home to New York from nearby Paisley International Airport. Our room looked out onto the nearby soccer stadium belonging to the Saint Mirren soccer club. Thinking it would be nice to buy the kids Saint Mirren soccer jerseys, we wandered across to the sign marked 'club shop'. The gentleman there told us to phone a taxi and ask to be taken to places called Silverburn, Braehead or Paisley Centre. He showed us a photo of the Saint Mirren soccer jersey. We decided not to bother, and in the morning, at Paisley International Airport itself, we bought the kids soccer jerseys by the Glasgow Celtics and Rangers.

Nice clean rooms though, although ours faced an airdome".

Two stars.

Edited by pozbaird

An independent stand-alone hotel is what worries me. A big chain, either operating on their own or with a franchise system.... Why does anyone harbouring hotel plans in Ferguslie Park need to own the football club that resides nearby their preferred site?

Greenhill Hotel / New Fergus Hotel is now Screw Fix ? whistling.gif

There's also Ashtree House Hotel.... whose owners are developing a new place at Kelvin House opp the Abbey...

Paisley needs good hotels.

And a good Football Club.

The Abercorn F.C.thumbup2.gif

Crowne Feegie Plaza - Paisley International Airport. Five customer reviews.....

"My wife and I booked an overnight stay at the new Crowne Feegie Plaza before our flight home to New York from nearby Paisley International Airport. Our room looked out onto the nearby soccer stadium belonging to the Saint Mirren soccer club. Thinking it would be nice to buy the kids Saint Mirren soccer jerseys, we wandered across to the sign marked 'club shop'. The gentleman there told us to phone a taxi and ask to be taken to places called Silverburn, Braehead or Paisley Centre. He showed us a photo of the Saint Mirren soccer jersey. We decided not to bother, and in the morning, at Paisley International Airport itself, we bought the kids soccer jerseys by the Glasgow Celtics an

and Rangers.

Nice clean rooms though, although ours faced an airdome".

Two stars.

Now this post I did enjoy. In the interests of my own enjoyment I wish to offer a phatom review on this phantom hotel no-one visited on a phatom holiday in a phantom future.

Reviewer - Clint Billy Bob JFK Walton

Hotel Name - The Ferguslie Clown Plaza

"Stabbed and robbed - 2 stars"

In August 2017 my wifes younger sister and I took a romantic vacation to Scotland in Ireland. We arrived at Paisley International airport in a beautiful big American plane. "Woohoo God bless America". Being as these people in Scotland in Ireland are not as advanced a us Americans I was not allowed on the American Airlines "Woohoo God Bless America" with my colt 45 or indeed even my browning semi automatic pistol. Walking through the tiny airport I was met by the most God awful weather. I mean man it rained and the rain was like totally cold and wet. I hailed a yellow cab only to find it was just a car and that cabs arent yellow in Scotland in Ireland but the cab here is white and sometimes black and sometimes any color. The wifes sister and I found a white cab, got in and I asked the driver to take us to the Ferguslie Plaza. The driver had a name like "Shull" or something and didnt really speak until I spoke to him. I asked what Paisley was like and the driver said it was like a "shithole" and he once got on the news because he said it about a dutch soccer player or something. I told the driver I was hungry and I could eat a big hot dog and a I wanted a Soda. The driver took me to a local shop callied "mamies" and was kind enough to wait outside with my wifes sister still in the cab, or taxi as they call it in Scotland in Ireland. In the shop doorway was a local guy, I dunno about twenty maybe and woo heee was he skinny and pale. He asked me for a light and I said "No, the good lord didnt not mean for me to smoke". He then asked me for "change" and I said "woo heee go see the lord boy thats the change you need". I dunno but it looked like he might have sniffed some angel dust and drunk some moonshine or something cause he was not right and pale and thin. The lord had a plan for this boy and I could tell it involved the devil. Well I went into "Mamies" superstore, not in a mall or anything but just like a shop only smaller. They didnt have no hot dogs, nachos, chilli burgers, chilli dogs, fried chicken or anything healthy like that so I gone bought myself a sandwich in like a plastic wrapper with some soda called Iron Brew. The man in the shop was like darker than me, like our president. I aint seen anyone liike that except dead on the CNN news. I walked back over the sidewalk to the cab and then onto the Fergulsie clown plaza with my wifes horny little sister. The cab driver was nice, he said because it was windy and hailstones and stuff he gone gave us money off our cab fare. It was only £198.42 for the cab. Shull was nice so I gone gave him a big tip.

The hotel wasnt nice at all, not big like we have in America (woohoo God Bless America) but more like a house in a row called "Darkwood Crescent". It was like a special type of hotel that they have in Scotland in Ireland called something like a "Brew Hoose" and it takes in those that the lord has overlooked. I didnt like it one bit. I asked the manager where I could take my wifes younger sister so that I could get her God damn drunk and have may way with her. A little bar called the "Craigielea" was recommened but too damn far too walk unless you wore sneakers. Shull the cab man came back for me and took me to the Craigielea. I like Shull he gone only charged me £167.32 that time and called it "mates rates". I went into the bar and the local people must be very fit because they all wore tracksuits. Again I think the angel dust was being sniffed by these people cause they seem like spaced out and gone and gotten some right bad teeth in there mouths. The devil aint no stranger in the "Craigielea". I was mighty impressed when I could buy Budweiser and Jack Daniels but again no chilli dogs. A local greeted me in the traditional way by saying "whit you looking at" and "gies yer money". Ah just gone and told the man I would pray for him, his family and together we could fight off the devil. It all got a bit rowdy now as the tracksuited fellow then smashed his big beer glass on the bar and rammed it right into my face. I just gone and fell right off my barstool and now I could feel a large, tracksuited ginger woman rifling my pockets on my levis. I asked the lord to help me and I looked up for a sign. All I could see was the devil now causing another tracksuited man, this time with no teeth pull my wifes sister from her barstool and right onto her butt. It looked like he was needing food or soemthing cos he just gone and taken my wifes sisters handbag. We left the Craigielea and I asked another local to direct me to the local precinct. Instead of helping me he called me a "grassin bastart" and just gone hit me with a thing called a "chib". My wifes sister now followed my out of the pub and we now run down a street called "Well Street". I couldnt see no church anywhere and without the lord to help us we just ran and ran. I found myself at a soccer stadium, not a big stadium like we have in America but a little bitty stadium like we use in Ivy league baseball. A man called Stuart met me and asked If I wanted to buy the club, I gone and said no as I dont like soccerball. Stuart was nice, he started screaming "club for sale, come buy my club" and now that the blood had dried on or faces we asked the girl in the ticket office of the small soccer stadium to phone us a cab. Lordy behold was it not just Shull again. I told Shull I had no money on me but it was back at the hotel. Shull just gone and took us back to hotel and this time, because of my troubles only charged me £143.78. Shull is an angel but I regret I couldnt pay him as someone in the "brew hoose" had just gone and broke into my room, taken all my dollars and sold my clothes to everyone in the "brew hoose" I knew because they were all wearing pants down to the back of there knees, big baseball caps and sneakers with big tongues. Shull was nice, he said he would help me work off my debt that had now increased to £347.80 as I didnt ask for the meter to be switched off. My fault and I just knew I had to work off my debt to Shull that was £423.78 as I still hadnt asked for the meter to be switched off, God dammit! What was supposed to be a weekend of me drilling the wifes younger sister turned into me and her living in Shulls basement for 8 months ironing, cleaning, cooking, driving his cab and giving him bed baths. Finally Shull released me from my living hell and my wifes sister and I got home after I phoned American Express (woohoo God bless America) and they sorted things out. I now have a scar on my forehead and left cheek, my wife left me and her sister gone ran away with a local Christian group. I might not go back!

Edited by TediousTom

Now this post I did enjoy. In the interests of my own enjoyment I wish to offer a phatom review on this phantom hotel no-one visited on a phatom holiday in a phantom future.

Reviewer - Clint Billy Bob JFK Walton

Hotel Name - The Ferguslie Clown Plaza

"Stabbed and robbed - 2 stars"

In August 2017 my wifes younger sister and I took a romantic vacation to Scotland in Ireland. We arrived at Paisley International airport in a beautiful big American plane. "Woohoo God bless America". Being as these people in Scotland in Ireland are not as advanced a us Americans I was not allowed on the American Airlines "Woohoo God Bless America" with my colt 45 or indeed even my browning semi automatic pistol. Walking through the tiny airport I was met by the most God awful weather. I mean man it rained and the rain was like totally cold and wet. I hailed a yellow cab only to find it was just a car and that cabs arent yellow in Scotland in Ireland but the cab here is white and sometimes black and sometimes any color. The wifes sister and I found a white cab, got in and I asked the driver to take us to the Ferguslie Plaza. The driver had a name like "Shull" or something and didnt really speak until I spoke to him. I asked what Paisley was like and the driver said it was like a "shithole" and he once got on the news because he said it about a dutch soccer player or something. I told the driver I was hungry and I could eat a big hot dog and a I wanted a Soda. The driver took me to a local shop callied "mamies" and was kind enough to wait outside with my wifes sister still in the cab, or taxi as they call it in Scotland in Ireland. In the shop doorway was a local guy, I dunno about twenty maybe and woo heee was he skinny and pale. He asked me for a light and I said "No, the good lord didnt not mean for me to smoke". He then asked me for "change" and I said "woo heee go see the lord boy thats the change you need". I dunno but it looked like he might have sniffed some angel dust and drunk some moonshine or something cause he was not right and pale and thin. The lord had a plan for this boy and I could tell it involved the devil. Well I went into "Mamies" superstore, not in a mall or anything but just like a shop only smaller. They didnt have no hot dogs, nachos, chilli burgers, chilli dogs, fried chicken or anything healthy like that so I gone bought myself a sandwich in like a plastic wrapper with some soda called Iron Brew. The man in the shop was like darker than me, like our president. I aint seen anyone liike that except dead on the CNN news. I walked back over the sidewalk to the cab and then onto the Fergulsie clown plaza with my wifes horny little sister. The cab driver was nice, he said because it was windy and hailstones and stuff he gone gave us money off our cab fare. It was only £198.42 for the cab. Shull was nice so I gone gave him a big tip.

The hotel wasnt nice at all, not big like we have in America (woohoo God Bless America) but more like a house in a row called "Darkwood Crescent". It was like a special type of hotel that they have in Scotland in Ireland called something like a "Brew Hoose" and it takes in those that the lord has overlooked. I didnt like it one bit. I asked the manager where I could take my wifes younger sister so that I could get her God damn drunk and have may way with her. A little bar called the "Craigielea" was recommened but too damn far too walk unless you wore sneakers. Shull the cab man came back for me and took me to the Craigielea. I like Shull he gone only charged me £167.32 that time and called it "mates rates". I went into the bar and the local people must be very fit because they all wore tracksuits. Again I think the angel dust was being sniffed by these people cause they seem like spaced out and gone and gotten some right bad teeth in there mouths. The devil aint no stranger in the "Craigielea". I was mighty impressed when I could buy Budweiser and Jack Daniels but again no chilli dogs. A local greeted me in the traditional way by saying "whit you looking at" and "gies yer money". Ah just gone and told the man I would pray for him, his family and together we could fight off the devil. It all got a bit rowdy now as the tracksuited fellow then smashed his big beer glass on the bar and rammed it right into my face. I just gone and fell right off my barstool and now I could feel a large, tracksuited ginger woman rifling my pockets on my levis. I asked the lord to help me and I looked up for a sign. All I could see was the devil now causing another tracksuited man, this time with no teeth pull my wifes sister from her barstool and right onto her butt. It looked like he was needing food or soemthing cos he just gone and taken my wifes sisters handbag. We left the Craigielea and I asked another local to direct me to the local precinct. Instead of helping me he called me a "grassin bastart" and just gone hit me with a thing called a "chib". My wifes sister now followed my out of the pub and we now run down a street called "Well Street". I couldnt see no church anywhere and without the lord to help us we just ran and ran. I found myself at a soccer stadium, not a big stadium like we have in America but a little bitty stadium like we use in Ivy league baseball. A man called Stuart met me and asked If I wanted to buy the club, I gone and said no as I dont like soccerball. Stuart was nice, he started screaming "club for sale, come buy my club" and now that the blood had dried on or faces we asked the girl in the ticket office of the small soccer stadium to phone us a cab. Lordy behold was it not just Shull again. I told Shull I had no money on me but it was back at the hotel. Shull just gone and took us back to hotel and this time, because of my troubles only charged me £143.78. Shull is an angel but I regret I couldnt pay him as someone in the "brew hoose" had just gone and broke into my room, taken all my dollars and sold my clothes to everyone in the "brew hoose" I knew because they were all wearing pants down to the back of there knees, big baseball caps and sneakers with big tongues. Shull was nice, he said he would help me work off my debt that had now increased to £347.80 as I didnt ask for the meter to be switched off. My fault and I just knew I had to work off my debt to Shull that was £423.78 as I still hadnt asked for the meter to be switched off, God dammit! What was supposed to be a weekend of me drilling the wifes younger sister turned into me and her living in Shulls basement for 8 months ironing, cleaning, cooking, driving his cab and giving him bed baths. Finally Shull released me from my living hell and my wifes sister and I got home after I phoned American Express (woohoo God bless America) and they sorted things out. I now have a scar on my forehead and left cheek, my wife left me and her sister gone ran away with a local Christian group. I might not go back!

FFS!!