Takeover Talks Cancelled With English Buyers

oaksoft

I get the impression that there are no bidders anywhere who can come up to the standards of the consortia. It is also clear that the fans are being kept in the dark and perhaps even being manipulated. In any case it is fast reaching the point where I simply don't believe or trust the BoD to do what is in the best interests of the club / fans.

They just done summat in the best interests of the Club and fans yesterday.

And they always will put St Mirren first.

I stay there on, pretty much, a weekly basis. The hotel rooms that are pitch facing double up as hospitality suites on matchday as the beds fold away and tables are put in the room. It's not a bad idea for generating additional hospitality monies.

However, if you have the misfortune of getting a pitch side room during the week, you face sleeping on one of the most uncomfortable beds I have experienced. I now request a room that doesn't have a pitch view!

But that's not the worst room in the hotel...just before Christmas I stayed in a room where the windows were internal facing. That meant, if I didn't close the curtains, people walking down for dinner would have seen me sprawled out on my bed! A tad strange!

Is that not prison your describing ?

There are two conflicting versions of the story going around. SG says the club just found out about the background of one of the prospective buyers yet the guy concerned says he was upfront as an AGENT introducing the buyers and that he did so MONTHS ago. We are not getting anything like the info we should be getting from the club (players leaving, no info on managerial situation or on new arrivals or on sale of club). A BoD who led the fans up the garden path on the fans buyout - apparently they were worried some fans might stop paying £10 per month. So until they come clean with the fans then they are not getting any support from me.

There are two conflicting versions of the story going around. SG says the club just found out about the background of one of the prospective buyers yet the guy concerned says he was upfront as an AGENT introducing the buyers and that he did so MONTHS ago. We are not getting anything like the info we should be getting from the club (players leaving, no info on managerial situation or on new arrivals or on sale of club). A BoD who led the fans up the garden path on the fans buyout - apparently they were worried some fans might stop paying £10 per month. So until they come clean with the fans then they are not getting any support from me.

Is this the same guy that went to Prison for Fraud, think I will stick with a BOD , who yes have frustrated life out of me, but saved us, relocated us, somehow kept us up. The new owners need that desire plus a bit of cash

You really need to read the article by Graeme MacPherson. The guy wasn't any part of the deal or as a future owner! He was getting a fee as an agent and walking away. The BoD knew this months ago so why the spin by SG yesterday? We are being strung along at best.

The property deals the BoD did in 2007/2009 were great but since then we have lacked direction and investment. We need change before we become a Dunfermline or worse!

Current affairs are a prediction for record low season ticket sales next season imo, which will lead to further cost cutting in the budget.

4 players departed (whether you consider them valuable first-team players or not still leaves a hole) managerial position unresolved and now, that it looks like the current BODs will be staying on, with being almost a ballhair away from selling the club, what ambitions have the current board got in store for the club, seeing that they almost got their 5 year awaited wish of breaking free?

Gilmour and Co confronted the English consortium, who then fed the press with stories of hotels, Europe, broad sunlit uplands and David Thompson's contacts in the hope of bouncing the board into a sale on the back of pitchfork wielding fans marching down Greenhill Road. Didn't work, cue sob story to same journo, which seeems suspiciously like defence given at the "agent/brokers" fraud trial.

As for Dunfermline, how did they become worse? Overspending, spiv owners and administration.

A quick guide to supporting St Mirren FC:

Place a standard house brick on a table.

Rest your testicles on the brick.

Take another house brick in your hand, and bring this down to meet the original brick with as much force as you can muster.

Repeat.

A quick guide to supporting St Mirren FC:

Place a standard house brick on a table.

Rest your testicles on the brick.

Take another house brick in your hand, and bring this down to meet the original brick with as much force as you can muster.

Repeat.

Are the bricks engraved and fitted in time for Christmas?

This might be a daft question, but based on all of the above, why do you go back?

It's the closest hotel to my companies office down there, basically the other side of the retail park. We have an agreement in place, so it's works out well for DBB....and if you get a 'car park' view room then it's pretty comfy!

Main thing in my opinion is that no f**king cat eating scumbag from Glenburn get their hands on our club.

We should be owned by decent people, not the subhuman trolls you find round there.

I wonder if you would have the man beans to say that to my cat eating face.??? PM me if interested. Public apology if not. Stay silent or hide behind the alias if you want to prove yourself a fanny.

Gilmour and Co confronted the English consortium, who then fed the press with stories of hotels, Europe, broad sunlit uplands and David Thompson's contacts in the hope of bouncing the board into a sale on the back of pitchfork wielding fans marching down Greenhill Road. Didn't work, cue sob story to same journo, which seeems suspiciously like defence given at the "agent/brokers" fraud trial.

As for Dunfermline, how did they become worse? Overspending, spiv owners and administration.

Months of discussions when the BoD knew (or ought to have known) the agents history. So why string everyone along? Why are the fans given next to no information?

Saints don't have much debt, but how exactly are we going to stop the downward trajectory if no one at the top is able to take a decision or preferably invest? The lower reaches beckon irrespective of our financial integrity. Change is required - the Board can stay and invest or they can leave. Why are they wasting time?

Ill still say that id prefer to be owned by our own. Meaning UK based. Preferably as local and as close to st.mirren in both ways as possible. The fact i dont want foreigners and especially asians running the club is because i dont think they would have the clubs best interests at heart. IMO they look after number 1. Thats not racist. If i said i dont want them because of skin colour or what they believe in then fair doos that would be racist so i stand by what i said. If you agree fair enough, dont agree fair enough. Its a forum thats what its for.

Ill still say that id prefer to be owned by our own. Meaning UK based. Preferably as local and as close to st.mirren in both ways as possible. The fact i dont want foreigners and especially asians running the club is because i dont think they would have the clubs best interests at heart. IMO they look after number 1. Thats not racist. If i said i dont want them because of skin colour or what they believe in then fair doos that would be racist so i stand by what i said. If you agree fair enough, dont agree fair enough. Its a forum thats what its for.

Fcuk me sideways. You think it isn't racist to say you don't want foreigners, especially Asians running the club?

Are you serious?

Fcuk me sideways. You think it isn't racist to say you don't want foreigners, especially Asians running the club?

Are you serious?

Yeah mate . Only because in my experience i think they would do anything to make a buck or too for themselves. Its just the way they do business in my view. Maybe its a cultural thing and good on em if it is but in general i wouldnt like someone from overseas buying the club. I think St Mirren have a nice setup. Stadium. Ralston. Bought and paid for and as much as it would be a kick.in the teeth id take a gamble at relegation the way it is or even fan ownership over a foreign sugerdaddy anyday. Black, Brown, white, or Yellow. Again just my opinion.

Yeah mate . Only because in my experience i think they would do anything to make a buck or too for themselves. Its just the way they do business in my view. Maybe its a cultural thing and good on em if it is but in general i wouldnt like someone from overseas buying the club. I think St Mirren have a nice setup. Stadium. Ralston. Bought and paid for and as much as it would be a kick.in the teeth id take a gamble at relegation the way it is or even fan ownership over a foreign sugerdaddy anyday. Black, Brown, white, or Yellow. Again just my opinion.

Words fail me.

Oh no.... they don't.

f**k off with this shite

I'd maybe stop posting in this subject mate.

It's not going to end well.