Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

I fear they won't overturn this one , innocuous challenge , but the fact his studs are showing will be enough to make it stick I think. Hope I'm wrong cos he looked OK playing in our set-up yesterday !

Yes I agree to everything above.

The thing that usually highlights a bad challenge is the players reaction to the tackle. Just as in the Thommo red card there was no reaction from the opposition players. The players were as amazed as everyone else to see a red. However I think the review panel will come to the conclusion that it's harsh but will be able to justify it.

Just watched the highlights and, what a player Kenny is when he's in the mood. Saying that. Why he didn't give the ball to Arquin for a tap in I'll never know. What a debut that would have been for the lad. It was NEVER a red card and I hope it's rescinded as, from the little I saw on the highlights, his movement off the ball looks good and seems to have a good touch.

As has been said, one swallow doesn't make a summer but the fight shown by the lads bodes well. Now we need the home monkey off our back. Roll on Wednesday. DU are definitely beatable if the Saints turns up.

How did Arquin play before the sending off? Does he look like he will be an asset?

For me it is no surprise that Kenny's best vein of form is now when he has been pushed forward. For two seasons now I have been telling anyone that listened that we play him far too deep. He is a guy that likes to take someone on and shoot. The closer he is to goals the better the chance of shots being on target and the less options he has for his world cup balls. I have been impressed by his physical strength lately as well as I always thought he was a bit weak. I have criticised Mclean in the past, not for his ability but for his work ethic, concentration and doing the complicated stuff when the simple stuff would be more effective. However further forward he has less options and does what he is best at - running at players and shooting. And his passing is far more effective. Well done Kenny - you are now looking like the expensive player we all saw too rarely.

Tell you what. The more I watch the 2nd goal the better it gets. Great control and composure by McLean, the timing of the run and cross by Kelly terrific, then the anticipation and determination to get to the ball by Mallan was superb.

Great build up, suspicion of handball by Mallandona though....?

Even better if he did :D

F**kin hell we looked good going forward in that first 20mins spell!!!! Country defence looked shite with Mclean, Mallan etc running at them,

the red,

was it two footed, no

was it out of control, no

have both players gone for the ball, yes

has he bust his ankle, no

must be overturned. COYS!!!

I'll expect the red card to be overturned, Toshney should be the one given a ban for cheating to get his former team mate sent off. The fourth official should be banned from top flight games, I can only assume he is a Dingwall resident.

Poor goal for us to lose, I still feel we need someone much better than Ridgers in goals if we are to stop leaking goals.

Well done to the team for getting the three points. I think recent performances have shown we are much better than County and Motherwell, time to start pushing up the table now.

I was there Ridgers made a few great saves, he is doing a good job

The fourth official was being pressured by Jim McIntyre and that f**king runt Billy Dodds it was disgraceful, But what a great day and even better result, Kenny McLean was outstanding, but you could say that about the whole squad, work rate was fantastic, Goody and Cheesey were excellent at the back, and what a save from Marc Ridgers, Great three points, but the standard of refs in Scotland is abysmal,

Worth every pound of the £150,000 bid Gary

Bloody hell I'm jealous! Sounds chust sublime. In the 80's i quite often had to go to conferences in Aviemore during January and there was always plenty snow. The number of deer to be seen always amazed me.I suppose they're always there in big numbers but they don't half stand out in the snow.

I just missed two young deer at the top end of Foxbar Road last night,just across from the Londis shop.Could only have been inches away from hitting them.

Can't believe anyone thinks that was a red or that it won't be overturned.

If you take the worst possible angle and look at a still taken at the worst possible moment, then you could maybe say his studs were showing - BUT, if you watch the video it's barely a foul.

And the ref actually signals for a throw in.

The 4th official clearly had some kind of agenda, and Toshney's disgraceful acting gave him the opportunity to try to pursue it.

I just missed two young deer at the top end of Foxbar Road last night,just across from the Londis shop.Could only have been inches away from hitting them.

I've only ever hit the odd bird, rabbit or hedgehog (they don't half crunch) but having a near miss with anything bigger frightens the crap out of me. I missed a deer by a baw hair one night near Rowardennan. Frightened the beejeezuz out of me.

I've only ever hit the odd bird, rabbit or hedgehog (they don't half crunch) but having a near miss with anything bigger frightens the crap out of me. I missed a deer by a baw hair one night near Rowardennan. Frightened the beejeezuz out of me.

I hit one a couple of years ago up near Neilston.They are solid. :(

Richard Brittain is a f**king disgrace. Making stamping gestures in an attempt (successful) to get a fellow pro sent off. It is not the fault of SMFC, it's fans or its current players that his spell at the club was a failure, high time he got over it.

Same a few weeks ago when we played Killie with Magennis claiming McLean had headbutted someone. Seems to be the only thing Collum based the red card on.

I haven't seen a direct quote but one of the match reports I read said both managers thought it was a soft red card.

A fantastic team performance yesterday. What great credit to the 10 players who battled on to get us 3 massive points despite the best effort of the officials to see us beat. No subs used! Brilliant effort.

We have had a poor season with very few players playing well up until last month or so but still we can catch Thistle and Motherwell. How bad must they be? Keep the level of performances up and we will have a terrific chance of avoiding 11th and 12th spot. :-)

We have been on the end of some truly amateurish officiating in last month and thankfully yesterday it didn't cost us. Unbelievable decisions given against us in several key games. Hopefully Thomohawk is tv tonight championing our cause for a fair crack of the whip in games.

Onwards and upwards! :-)

Trial by Sportscene tonight.

My own opinion on it is initially i thought he caught the lad late leading with the studs but having looked at it a good few times it does seem he may have made contact with the ball and won it back for us. However he does seem to follow through and catch the player. Definitely a challenge he's entitled to make, the ball is clearly there to be won. Football is a contact sport after all. Doubt it'll get rescinded.