Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

Was it venison for a fortnight or did it survive?

Killed outright but I was more concerned about my 2 week old car rather than 2 weeks worth of dinners.

PS.Never a sending off.That 4th official should be reported to the Compliance Officer.

Dodds and McIntyre definitely influence the fourth official who makes a complete Willie Collum of the incident. Why was there any need for him to be involved is beyond me. The linesman had already indicated that he was about to give a throw in.

The actual challenge is at best trodding on his toe and never a red card. Clearly the appeal will favour Arquin as this was yet another monumental f**k up from the officials.

Edited by class of 76-77

Dodds and McIntyre definitely influence the fourth official who makes a complete Willie Collum of the incident. Why was there any need for him to be involved is beyond me. The linesman had already indicated that he was about to give a throw in.

The actual challenge is at best trodding on his toe and never a red card. Clearly the appeal will favour Arquin as this was yet another monumental f**k up from the officials.

Get them telt Vince !!!!!! rifle.gif

We have to appeal this as it will definitely be overturned. :-)

Can't believe anyone thinks that was a red or that it won't be overturned.

If you take the worst possible angle and look at a still taken at the worst possible moment, then you could maybe say his studs were showing - BUT, if you watch the video it's barely a foul.

And the ref actually signals for a throw in.

The 4th official clearly had some kind of agenda, and Toshney's disgraceful acting gave him the opportunity to try to pursue it.

Don't think it was a red but defo a foul and one the SFA in my opinion will justify themselves as a red card unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong

Trial by Sportscene tonight.

My own opinion on it is initially i thought he caught the lad late leading with the studs but having looked at it a good few times it does seem he may have made contact with the ball and won it back for us. However he does seem to follow through and catch the player. Definitely a challenge he's entitled to make, the ball is clearly there to be won. Football is a contact sport after all. Doubt it'll get rescinded.

Have a look now, the bbc footage will not be much different tonight.

This is the sending off incident

http://youtu.be/PW1jpBqDH2M

Edited by murray street

50/50 challenge and the ref stands there indicating a foul to County. No-one appears in any way excited by what had happened, and you can bet they'd have screaming for it had they thought it was naughty. For the 4th official to get involved, he needs to be 100% certain.

The Thompson sending off, the McLean sending off and now this. I know that it's all down to complete incompetence rather than any malicious campaign against us, but we must be due a fair few decisions in the coming weeks if things do even themselves out.

As Billy G said, as Inverness and County climbed through the leagues, there was always a suspicion amongst fans of the lower league clubs from the south that they tended not to get too many favours from officials up there, especially when they were from the local area. I'm not especially surprised to hear that a local 4th official decided to stick his neb in during a crucial relegation 6 pointer, and that his controversial intervention assisted the Highland team.

Bit of a forwards challenge but pretty much stands directly on the ball causing it to squirt out backwards ....think the county player does hurt himself on the sole of Arquin's boot as he also rightfully kicks through trying to win the ball but no great mallice there at all. Free kick probably, yellow if you thought it was overly clumsy....not for me ......Red ? Not a chance. Another week another poor poor decision which could have been an absolute killer to our chances.
1 poor red rescinded... 2 incorrect pens v Killie, 2 really poor offsides (Killie pen 2 lead up not given - Tess goal v Motherwell incorrect ) and a goal missed v Motherwell. Getting sick of these officilals poor judgement calls all going against. Oh sorry we got our break with that penalty with time up v Killie

Yet another red card controversy has taken away slightly from what was simply a superb performance and result from ourselves.

At the start of the game we just blew them away and seemed to be getting in behind them every time we went forward. McLean was at the centre of everything as usual. Getting to the stage now where we just expect that kind of performance from Kenny, he's a top performer at this level and has been for years, he's now added consistency to his undoubted ability. Should have passed to Arquin though!

Another top performance from young Mallan. It's remarkable that we've rolled another 18 year old midfielder off the production line who's just strolled into our starting 11 and looked more than good enough for top flight football. Great bit of skill from him for our first goal, and talk about energy for the second. To get himself up the park at that stage of the game when we've just played almost an hour with 10 men... Superb stuff. He never stops running and he's got that bit of quality about him on the ball and infront of goal.

Hopefully this isn't another false start. Before the cup break we have a couple of home games against the Dundee clubs and then Thistle away... Time to get that home win me thinks! 6 points from 9 please...

Edited by TopCat

Another top performance from young Mallan. It's remarkable that we've rolled another 18 year old midfielder off the production line who's just strolled into our starting 11 and looked more than good enough for top flight football. Great bit of skill from him for our first goal, and talk about energy for the second. To get himself up the park at that stage of the game when we've just played almost an hour with 10 men... Superb stuff. He never stops running and he's got that bit of quality about him on the ball and infront of goal.

Arquin heads the ball onto McGinn, who eventually shoots for goal.

Watching the BBC highlights the challenge is slowed down.

I'm sorry but it's a tad naughty. No chance will we win an appeal on that IMO. Yellow card for me but SFA will back the 4th official.

If that's a red card, I'll need to hand in my season ticket because I now don't understand the rules and don't agree with the direction the game is going in.

I think that too Mark , but whats interesting is that when you see it for the second time from the angle with the stand in the background , you don,t see one Ross County supporter get off his seat and shout at Arquin fot the bad challenge or try and encourage the ref to book Arquin